International street makeover

Klabergian Empire

6 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

I actually took the video, we must have been shooting it from the same spot!

Was that you who kept getting in frame??? Haha

Yeah, I thought you were just sharing what Brand put on KIC’s social. You had me fooled!! :D

Can we at least agree that videos don’t do it justice?

1 minute ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Was that you who kept getting in frame??? Haha

Yeah, I thought you were just sharing what Brand put on KIC’s social. You had me fooled!! :D

Can we at least agree that videos don’t do it justice?

I think you can see me a little in your video, but I took mine farther back, from the overlook. 

And yes, videos do not do it justice!

I guess I’ll have to see them in person. So this is what we have to base our opinion on now. 

Comparing them to what was once there: they look like a total downgrade and I’m not sure why the park thought this would be an upgrade. I’ve been trying to stay positive but have been let down. 

Pretending that they’re brand new and nothing was there before: they’re actually really cool and nice! They remind me of the jumping fountains in RCT. They’re definitely interesting to look at. Now to see them at night and with the fireworks show! 

Now that it’s all said and done, I would give the entire I-Street renovation a B-. Had they refurbished the fountains/improved them without completely changing them I’d give an A+. I think the buildings look great with the new paint, the pavers give a clean look, and the large trees being removed makes the area feel larger. 

5 minutes ago, Sorner said:

I guess I’ll have to see them in person. So this is what we have to base our opinion on now. 

Comparing them to what was once there: they look like a total downgrade and I’m not sure why the park thought this would be an upgrade. I’ve been trying to stay positive but have been let down. 

Pretending that they’re brand new and nothing was there before: they’re actually really cool and nice! They remind me of the jumping fountains in RCT. They’re definitely interesting to look at. Now to see them at night and with the fireworks show! 

Now that it’s all said and done, I would give the entire I-Street renovation a B-. Had they refurbished the fountains/improved them without completely changing them I’d give an A+. I think the buildings look great with the new paint, the pavers give a clean look, and the large trees being removed makes the area feel larger. 

Yeah, hold judgement until you see them. A lot of the “experience” of a fountain is the noise too. It’s neat to watch. I like it.

I am! It won’t be for awhile, but I’m looking forward to it. I think they will look amazing at night and that the firework/fountain show will be fantastic. These types of fountains always seem to look their best at night. 

3 hours ago, Sorner said:

I am! It won’t be for awhile, but I’m looking forward to it. I think they will look amazing at night and that the firework/fountain show will be fantastic. These types of fountains always seem to look their best at night. 

And I think that’s been a lot of people’s concern. That’s the only time they look best. The rest of the time I think they look weak. The bottom of the pool is too light to me still. The hardware sort of sticks out too much against the almost white bottom. I could care less about pedestals and am not hung up on nostalgia but these were not an improvement in my opinion. Too spread out and thin for the water to be as light as it is. 

7 minutes ago, brent said:

And I think that’s been a lot of people’s concern. That’s the only time they look best. The rest of the time I think they look weak. The bottom of the pool is too light to me still. The hardware sort of sticks out too much against the almost white bottom. I could care less about pedestals and am not hung up on nostalgia but these were not an improvement in my opinion. Too spread out and thin for the water to be as light as it is. 

The bottom has been painted white for a long, long time. The piping was visible of the old fountain. And I found new "movements" today spectacular! I can only imagine what they will look like tonight.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

The bottom has been painted white for a long, long time. The piping was visible of the old fountain. And I found new "movements" today spectacular! I can only imagine what they will look like tonight.

And while they were doing renovations I feel they could’ve made that color change. And the piping didn’t seem as visible because there was more “turbulence” in the water. I’m glad you found them spectacular. I find them lacking. 

• Like 1

Seeing all the pictures of the fountains at night has sealed the deal for me, these fountains are a huge improvement and I look forward to seeing more of their capabilities during my next visit. Kings Island did a fantastic job with this renovation.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Sorner said:

I feel like this was the entire reason they installed these! This is amazing and I am impressed! They might not be “majestic” during the day, but they’re definitely magical at night. 

Based on that, that’s why I don’t feel it’s successful. They COULD have been majestic during the day with a few tweaks to the design. They could have paid homage to nostalgia yet combined new technology with a grander daytime look. Is there no actual nozzle movement? Looks like they just spray up to the music. That’s basically what was there before (now it’s just more nozzles, faster reaction time and no physical pieces to break up the sea of spraying water) there could’ve been animated, moving LED lit water coming out of pedestals and it would’ve kept both camp happy! I’m glad they attempted something. Something needed to be done. I wanted to love it. I been saying for years they should do something like this, now we have it and I find it lacking. Oh well. Each their own. 

2139304D-0CA7-4D8A-8A45-65306CD77DF1.jpeg

• Like 2

On 5/24/2019 at 11:51 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

Ahemmmm... stay tuned.

There is more to come then?  

I admit it looks nice, but I wish they would have kept the pedestals still and added to the fountain, just not take anything away like Brent said  They was the centerpiece of the Royal Fountain for 47 season.  The fountain just looks empty without them, so they'll always be missed.  

• Like 1

I still do not see why they could not have done what Canada’s Wonderland did with their fountains...

They look like Kings Island’s old fountains during the day minus the pedestals, and at night the nozzles actually move and include much more water jets!

I do, however, like Kings Island’s new fountains, but I just wish that they could have done what Canada’s Wonderland did with their fountains.

04A4CCE4-22E2-458B-8625-6C54DC313CAF.jpeg

• Like 1

You’re telling me Canada’s Wonderland has fountains like THAT and Kings Island got THIS? Okay, now I really dislike them haha. I thought maybe Cedar Fair was trying out new fountains at KI to renovate KD and CW international streets in the future. Man, did we get ripped off haha.

Those at CW are definitely more Disney-like, since everyone keeps saying they were going for a Disney experience. They’re beautiful and the music is much more fitting for international street. I have to say, the music choice for KIs is horrendous. I guess it had to be upbeat pop for a fireworks show, but did they really renovate them for the sole purpose of a less than 15 minute show when the park closes?

1 hour ago, Sorner said:

You’re telling me Canada’s Wonderland has fountains like THAT and Kings Island got THIS? Okay, now I really dislike them haha. I thought maybe Cedar Fair was trying out new fountains at KI to renovate KD and CW international streets in the future. Man, did we get ripped off haha.

Those at CW are definitely more Disney-like, since everyone keeps saying they were going for a Disney experience. They’re beautiful and the music is much more fitting for international street. I have to say, the music choice for KIs is horrendous. I guess it had to be upbeat pop for a fireworks show, but did they really renovate them for the sole purpose of a less than 15 minute show when the park closes?

Pretty sad huh? I liked last year better. It seemed like they were really trying to make something using the existing infrastructure they had. Then they go through a major renovation. Have the whole area torn up and have the chance to do AMAZING(in here) and we get lights on cheap trusses no longer hidden by trees and fountains that are weak during the day and basically bounce up and down to a pop song at night. Again, I’m really glad some people think it’s an improvement. I view it as a lateral move at best. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, brent said:

Pretty sad huh? I liked last year better. It seemed like they were really trying to make something using the existing infrastructure they had. Then they go through a major renovation. Have the whole area torn up and have the chance to do AMAZING(in here) and we get lights on cheap trusses no longer hidden by trees and fountains that are weak during the day and basically bounce up and down to a pop song at night. Again, I’m really glad some people think it’s an improvement. I view it as a lateral move at best. 

Have you seen the show in person? I feel like you’d like it better if you did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brent said:

Sure beats the fountain doing nothing during the fireworks like last year.

• Like 3