International street makeover

Klabergian Empire

5 hours ago, Shaggy said:

- They should NOT have painted the bronze statue of Don Quixote.  They literally painted it silver - oy vey.  It should have been polished and buffed.  Tsk Tsk.

I’ve walked past Don Quixote twice a day for the past two years since I work at Emporium. He has not been repainted.

36 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

I’ve walked past Don Quixote twice a day for the past two years since I work at Emporium. He has not been repainted.

He’s painted silver - and it’s a bronze sculpture.  He was painted at some point.

E2D1670E-6981-41F6-8870-980E22E19E66.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

He’s painted silver - and it’s a bronze sculpture.  He was painted at some point.

If anything, he’s “greener” than that photo. But nothing has changed with that statue between 2017 and now. Perhaps it was a trick of the light.

1 hour ago, KingsMills79 said:

Wouldn't it be terrific if one of the THREE webcams were directed toward IS?

....and while we're at it, swivel one towards project x, no? 

I don't know how hard they are to move but I would suggest moving just the Mystic Timbers cam to IS until the new coaster announcement, then moving it again for construction. After that it could probably stay there for the foreseeable future.

Wow the shills going in on @brent

People won't like me because I tell it how I see it, the new fountains seem certainly lackluster, even saddening to a lot of people.

Reffernce the pic Bodha posted two posts above me, yeah they added lights all over International Street, which is neat. But a big swing and a miss on the fountain itself. What's next? RMC The Beast??

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Number5IsAlive said:

Wow the shills going in on @brent

People won't like me because I tell it how I see it, the new fountains seem certainly lackluster, even saddening to a lot of people.

Reffernce the pic Bodha posted two posts above me, yeah they added lights all over International Street, which is neat. But a big swing and a miss on the fountain itself. What's next? RMC The Beast??

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion. In fact, I personally can see where people are coming from. The difference is whether you choose to share your opinion and why you feel that way vs simply being obnoxious.

11 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Update to the nightly show:701392DF-552B-41BF-B282-0D1B3C9B8750.jpeg

Wow, okay, so the fountains were definitely added for night time shows. It looks amazing. They may not be so great during the day but they look amazing at night. Happen to know if there will be anything else added?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phantom Theater said:

Wow, okay, so the fountains were definitely added for night time shows. It looks amazing. They may not be so great during the day but they look amazing at night. Happen to know if there will be anything else added?

I think they won’t be adding anything else for the nightly show, but Grand Carnivale will be it’s own beast. I do believe that the movers will have some additional tweaking as they aren’t “perfect” quite yet.

In my opinion, the Royal Fountain was completely overshadowed by what I call the Regal Laser Show. Completely took me by surprise. The water jets were nice, but did not appear at all synched to the "show" whereas the lighting scaffolds did. Overall, a great presentation and I think it will keep improving, even though I miss the pedestals!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

In my opinion, the Royal Fountain was completely overshadowed by what I call the Regal Laser Show. Completely took me by surprise. The water jets were nice, but did not appear at all synched to the "show" whereas the lighting scaffolds did. Overall, a great presentation and I think it will keep improving, even though I miss the pedestals! emoji28.png

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Okay so.... not to sound like a broken record.... :D

Ever since they added the movers, the fountain hasn’t been perfect. I’m not sure if they changed some of the programming or not, but clearly it has been messed up with the fountain turning itself off a couple of times during the show. It did this a few times last week before the movers were installed too but got better. This is all a network issue. It has nothing to do with the fountain, lights, music, or fireworks.

How is this look for the street?

4729DF53-8D0D-44BD-92AD-4F22F6550074.jpeg

spacer.png

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:21 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

He doesn’t like the trees, he doesn’t like the fountain, he doesn’t like who programmed the fountain (although he doesn’t know who it was). The dude is just doing this for attention. Just stop feeding the troll. 

Noboby is looking for attention except for immature people that like to pick fights on this site with other members.  This site is for comments and opinions, which exactly is what those ARE.  

53 minutes ago, super7 said:

Noboby is looking for attention except for immature people that like to pick fights on this site with other members.  This site is for comments and opinions, which exactly is what those ARE.  

No, that’s not exactly what those are.

I’m all for differing opinions. In fact, I’ve stated that I sympathize with the argument that the fountain looked better during the daytime last year.

But when things all come back to one person chronically complaining, it gets old. Funny how this guy never expressed an affinity for the fountain before it changed. Now he’s somehow the victim of it. Like, I would get it if @pianoman was vocal about the changes since he’s always made it clear the fountains were special to him, but I couldn’t imagine him wasting this much energy on the subject if he didn’t like them.

I’m telling you - I ran this site for 13 years. I’ve seen everything. This guy equating everything under the sun back to the pedestals is this year’s version of the guy who equated everything to the fact that we don’t have an Intamin coaster (then continued his “campaign” on KIE until they banned him too). 

I am no longer responsible for this site, but this is the sort of thing that both drives people away and makes the park disinterested. When was the last KIC Day at the park? Yeah, you can thank people like this. Please do share your opinions, he respectful, disagree with me or anyone else... just don’t like trolls like this ruin everything that has been accomplished over the past 16 years.  

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I am no longer responsible for this site, but this is the sort of thing that both drives people away and makes the park disinterested. When was the last KIC Day at the park? Yeah, you can thank people like this. Please do share your opinions, he respectful, disagree with me or anyone else.. 

@BoddaH1994 is correct. It is the members that make the site what it is. If there are members that are very negative, always vocal (over stuff in the grand scheme is not that important) it does not look well on KIC to the park. No matter how much of a working relationship I have with the park, if the members are giving off a negative tone, not being respectful to each other, and not being constructive to the park in their criticism why would the park want to do anything for the members of the site?  It all comes down to you, the members.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

No, that’s not exactly what those are.

I’m all for differing opinions. In fact, I’ve stated that I sympathize with the argument that the fountain looked better during the daytime last year.

But when things all come back to one person chronically complaining, it gets old. Funny how this guy never expressed an affinity for the fountain before it changed. Now he’s somehow the victim of it. Like, I would get it if @pianoman was vocal about the changes since he’s always made it clear the fountains were special to him, but I couldn’t imagine him wasting this much energy on the subject if he didn’t like them.

I’m telling you - I ran this site for 13 years. I’ve seen everything. This guy equating everything under the sun back to the pedestals is this year’s version of the guy who equated everything to the fact that we don’t have an Intamin coaster (then continued his “campaign” on KIE until they banned him too). 

I am no longer responsible for this site, but this is the sort of thing that both drives people away and makes the park disinterested. When was the last KIC Day at the park? Yeah, you can thank people like this. Please do share your opinions, he respectful, disagree with me or anyone else... just don’t like trolls like this ruin everything that has been accomplished over the past 16 years.  

I am SO tired of your superior attitude. I have NOT equated everything “under the sun” to pedestals. I haven’t gushed about how special pedestal were to me as a child, because they weren’t. I am a designer who sees places where I think the park could’ve taken a different approach to achieve a stronger product. I have complimented the park MANY TIMES IN PERSON  AND IN EMAIL when they do a great job. So I DO provide positive feedback when it is warranted. I’m not one person complaining. I’m one of MANY voices expressing disappointment that the “final?” product isn’t as great as I had hoped. I wasn’t even going to respond to anything anymore on here, but you are an a$$. You make personal attacks when people are only expressing their opinions on a discussion forum. You are so concerned with whatever “swag” you don’t get anymore that you are taking it out on others. I have been respectful, you have not been respectful to me. I’ve done nothing to cost you your little “fan day” or whatever it is you are complaining you don’t get anymore. This sort of thing and the way you attack people is what drives them away from sites like this. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Okay so.... not to sound like a broken record.... :D

Ever since they added the movers, the fountain hasn’t been perfect. I’m not sure if they changed some of the programming or not, but clearly it has been messed up with the fountain turning itself off a couple of times during the show. It did this a few times last week before the movers were installed too but got better. This is all a network issue. It has nothing to do with the fountain, lights, music, or fireworks.

How is this look for the street?

4729DF53-8D0D-44BD-92AD-4F22F6550074.jpeg

spacer.png

The new lighting looks great. 

On 6/4/2019 at 5:49 PM, KIghostguy said:

If anything, he’s “greener” than that photo. But nothing has changed with that statue between 2017 and now. Perhaps it was a trick of the light.

Was this building green before? Maybe when it went green, it made the Verdi of the bronze seem lighter. I think this looks awesome whatever the change was. 

21 minutes ago, brent said:

Was this building green before? Maybe when it went green, it made the Verdi of the bronze seem lighter. I think this looks awesome whatever the change was. 

The building was painted green about 10 years ago and repainted a lighter shade of green for this year. I believe that the bronze has oxidized and turned more green.

On 6/4/2019 at 5:38 PM, Shaggy said:

Do you mean he’s a bronze sculpture as in its made of bronze, or that it’s supposed to be painted bronze? Because... it’s clearly fiberglass.

91C7051D-E584-403D-A369-356173A07098.jpeg

I always thought it was metal but I actually went up to touch it the other day and it didn’t feel like metal. Upon further inspection, I saw this weathering of the statue which showed the material.

4 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

When was the last KIC Day at the park? Yeah, you can thank people like this. 

For the park condemn the whole KIC community based on a small percentage of posters would be as fair as me condemning the whole park when I run into a rude park associate. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, standbyme said:

For the park condemn the whole KIC community based on a small percentage of posters would be as fair as me condemning the whole park when I run into a rude park associate. 

I guarantee that every day customers have a bad experience with a park employee and say "I'm never coming back here" 

But fair doesn't usually come into play when someone has power over a group like this. 

1 hour ago, standbyme said:

There should be a book one day, because man oh man.... you wouldn't believe. 

• Like 1

To be fair, when I experience a "rude" associate, I turn and look at some of the jerks they have to deal with on a daily basis, and shrug. Especially considering when a lot of people say "rude," it usually means "this employee didn't smile, was understandably overwhelmed, are younger and/or make less money than I do, so I look down upon them." 

I can't say I've witnessed an employee who was actually rude, at least in the way guests are rude. (Because, let's face it, the GP can be real snots sometimes). Not too long ago --I won't say when or where in the park -- I witnessed an employee talking back to a 14 year old. For whatever reason, this kid -- who reminded me of the "My dad says you guys are full of crap" kid from Ghostbusters II, if you've seen that -- asked about Project X. The associate said they had no idea, but "the rumor is it's a new coaster." The kid said," If it's not a giga, I won't be here next year." The clearly annoyed employee responded, "Yeah, you'll be here anyways." I thought about applauding this associate, but I moved on. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@Gordon Bombay @Joshua @teenageninja I think my point was missed...my point was that I think it is a cop-out to blame a few posters for the lack of another KIC Day. The root of the problem has to go deeper than that.

As for running into a (very very very) occasionally rude employee, believe me, I can empathize. I worked with the public for over 20 years... and Joshua was right on the money when he said the GP can be “real snots”. :lol: 

Whoever made up that old “The customer is always right” slogan never dealt with the public! (In the past I have even been held up...but oddly enough, that wasn’t the worst,,, it was was when a customer didn’t get a refund they felt they deserved, he threatened to be waiting for me with a knife after work...I worked alone...he never showed...but by his demeanor I was sure he was going to be waiting for me.)

I find it amazing that I could be having a great day with countless customers... but get just one bad one and it ruins your whole day...so believe me, I (almost) know what the associates deal with...but I can’t imagine dealing with the sheer volume of people they have to contend with. To be able to keep a smile on their face throughout the day is an amazing feat, something I do notice...and I do appreciate. :)

(Have I hijacked this thread enough?!...I’ll get it back on course,,,boy those buildings look great this year!)

• Like 2