International street makeover

Klabergian Empire

9 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I like everything but two things:  1. The pedestals.  2. Not bringing back the street lamps. 

I get the idea of looking more modern, but being who I am, I prefer the nostalgic look/grandeur. Street lamps throughout the park would be wonderful, especially on the path behind junk yard coaster/behind the Eiffel Tower leading from Coney Mall to Rivertown.  

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Orion-XL200 said:

I agree with you. I mean, there are some things that I like....I like the new pavers and the uplights on the trees. The buildings having been painted and decoration accents on them are great. I had hoped that the fountains would be more like the fountain at The Island in Pigeon Forge....more of a show element throughout the day or heck even like Canada's Wonderland when their fountain was redone....they had a choreographed show to the music conducted by Snoopy which was cool. 

But yeah, the grandeur of the fountains is missing. I don't necessarily miss the pedestals, but I miss more water movement. I miss the bigger trees (but understand why they left), the newer ones are starting to get a good growth on them. I still am not sure about the stage at the tower end of the fountains. 

I do like the newer tables and umbrellas that aren't branded but give a great flow of color from above. 

I just wish the new pavers made sense. They have the black “street” the narrowest part with trees in the middle?? Why they didn’t use the cobblestone on both sides with a “fake curb” of a lighter paver with black marking the street never made sense to me  it would’ve even given them a great visual line for the parade instead of the stupid spray painted line. While they were at it they could’ve  sunk sockets for removable stantion posts to go into to mark the route or the crossings it’s those kind of “missed opportunities” I’m talking about while it was already torn up. They could’ve created additional “patios” that extended over to the fountain with storage underneath for propane tanks for haunt to keep the area cleaner. And no idea WHY they couldn’t have brought back lampposts on the side closest to tgg he r buildings to make it look “street like” again. It’s not terrible, it just seems like they had the opportunity to really make sone infrastructure improvements and instead opted for mostly removal. 

• Like 1