International street makeover

Klabergian Empire

7 hours ago, upstop said:

Just noticed on the first two pictures that the building facades appear much more intricate than now. I suppose as a kid, I might not have noticed back then. I hope they bring back the facades. They look more natural to me. Kind of a mini-Epcot.

I also like the sidewalks. They make it look like an actual street. 

• Like 1

I would imagine that the exterior of the shops will receive maybe a fresh coat of paint and some spruccing up.  I would not look for significant changes to any of the shops.  Likewise, I would not look for the street and sidewalk motif to return.  At least not with an actual 6" high curb.  That would be quite a tripping hazard as well as an ADA issue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoastersRZ said:

Likewise, I would not look for the street and sidewalk motif to return.  At least not with an actual 6" high curb.  That would be quite a tripping hazard as well as an ADA issue.

Disneyland’s Main Street, U.S.A. still has a sidewalk. I’m sure Kings Island can make it work.

• Like 1

Since they already completely clear the shops out to prepare for Winterfest, and then again before restocking for the next season, I would not be surprised to see some remodeling done inside the shops while they're empty.  They could use it, they're pretty dated.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2019 at 8:39 PM, KIghostguy said:

Disneyland’s Main Street, U.S.A. still has a sidewalk. I’m sure Kings Island can make it work.

Disneyland was opened in 1955 (and Magic Kingdom, which also has a sidewalk, 1971).

Shanghai Disneyland, which opened in 2016, does not have sidewalks on their "Main Street" (Mickey Avenue). It has the different-colored pavement, like what several users here have discussed.

ShanghaiDisney-17_1213-C-Shopping-0002.j

(Photo courtesy WestCoaster)

• Like 4

11 hours ago, fyrfyter said:

Airplane over the park, a drone, or just task a satellite. Many ways to see what is really going on.

KIC does not endorse and highly discourages anyone flying a plane or drone to get pics of International street without the consent of the park.  The park will be releasing pictures on the KI Blog, their Social media outlets, to us, and the rest of the media when they are ready. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

KIC does not endorse and highly discourages anyone flying a plane or drone to get pics of International street without the consent of the park.  The park will be releasing pictures on the KI Blog, their Social media outlets, to us, and the rest of the media when they are ready. 

Funny you say that. Lol

• Like 1

Last time I checked, KI wasn’t the FAA and couldn’t restrict airspace. People have done it before. I’m sure they will again.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, fyrfyter said:

Last time I checked, KI wasn’t the FAA and couldn’t restrict airspace. People have done it before. I’m sure they will again.

Correct. During the off-season (non-congested), as long as you are 500 feet above the ground, you are good. During the on-season (congested time), 1,000 feet. 

The reason we didn't fly directly over the park was just to respect them. Plus, don't want to have something bad happen, and ruin it for yourself or others. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

The park will be releasing pictures on the KI Blog, their Social media outlets, to us, and the rest of the media when they are ready. 

After all, just like Christmas when you’re young, the anticipation is half of the fun. 

(And unfortunately, sometimes even better!)

• Like 4

Kings Island's Drone Policy:

"All drones (Unmanned Aerial Systems) are prohibited at (in) all Cedar Fair parks, including Kings Island, and any unauthorized drone(s) observed over Kings Island will be reported to the FAA and local law enforcement, regardless of its point of origin or operation. Drones may pose a potential safety risk and may violate Federal Aviation Administration guidelines."

From https://www.visitkingsisland.com/help/frequently-asked-questions

Also, from what I understand, anything below 500 feet can be considered trespassing. The same goes for the drone takes off and/or lands on the property.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Joshua said:

Also, from what I understand, anything below 500 feet can be considered trespassing. The same goes for the drone takes off and/or lands on the property.  

That is correct. Again, FAA has no airspace restrictions above KI for manned aircraft. Just your normal 500ft uncongested and 1,000ft congested rules.