International street makeover

Klabergian Empire

International Street looks gorgeous! The fountain is stunning as well. The toll line was nothing but the line to get in the gate was 25min when we got in it at 5:10. Food lines are pretty minimal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zayzayd13 said:

There are no teasers, but there is a wooden fence

Pics of the non teasered wood fence posted on the giga thread in rumors for those who want to see what a non teasered wood fence looks like. 

10 minutes ago, Vortex said:

What happened to the Royal Fountain? I hope the pillars will be put back. The front the park look so bad with out them.

I agree. I’m not a fan of the pedestals being gone. It looks very empty. Change is good though, it can’t be the same forever 

• Like 2

Does not look good imo.  I haven't been there yet,  but it looks dull.  Should have kept the pedestals!   This is a major downgrade (for the fountains anyway).   It doesn't have that "I'm at Kings Island" feeling anymore.

Might change my mind, after I see what it looks like with the fireworks show, but I doubt it.  

• Like 1

Ya know, the more we looked at it when leaving, the more I was kind of bummed about the fountains. We didn’t stay for fireworks and I’m sure they’ll be stunning with the light show, but I did really miss the look of the high shooting water. It just made it feel over the top when entering the park. I think the added pieces WITH at least one pedestal in the middle would have been the best.

65a45d2b1435b18a9037e24e0324c2a5.jpg

• Like 2

I'll reserve actual judgement until my first visit. But I will miss the pedestals. I was also hoping for a return of the ornate light fixtures. In any event, I applaud the park for reinvesting into nostalgia. Many of the things I've hoped for have come to pass.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Was at the park today and was underwhelmed by the fountains. Seems like a downgrade marketed to be an upgrade. The old fountains had much more of a "grand" look. These seem weak to me. On a positive note, I do like how they extended the platform out towards the fountains and I do like the new pavers and open look. Just wished they would've left the fountains alone.

• Like 3

Thanks to Chad Showalter for letting me take some pics from the International Restaurant today! The concern with the fountain sprayers. It is my understanding they are not done with the fountains. I assume this means the fountain sequence saw today may not be complete. The Fireworks show right now is the same from last year and will remain until Memorial day weekend. That is when the fountains will be integrated fully. 

Pay close attention to the different colors of the umbrellas!

20190419_190643.jpg

20190419_190233.jpg

20190419_190231.jpg

20190419_190222.jpg

20190419_190140.jpg

20190419_190153.jpg

20190419_190159.jpg20190419_190235.jpg

20190419_190145.jpg

20190419_190157.jpg

20190419_190217.jpg

• Like 2

From the pics not impressed overall. Didn’t “return to the way it looked..,” the trees moved are nice, but now there are just big light rigs in the middle of grass. Before the trees sort of hid the cheapness. If they were going to be fully seen they should’ve taken the opportunity to change to a more themed fixture. No lamp posts were added. No real additional landscaping. Still lots of flat grass around the now flat fountain. I think that’s what bothers me. Lots of “flat”. Same for the bandstand. Was a perfect chance to make the light rigs look less like a cheap temporary concert and more “architectural” I was really hoping they hit it out of the park with this since it’s s “once in a few decades project” but this doesn’t really impress me. Again, I was there to see in person tonight, but seems like a lot of missed opportunity. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JubJester said:

@IndyGuy4KI I dont think they had them going, due to how windy it was. They weren't high for the last couple hours, so I'm assuming it was due to the wind.

You could be correct. All I know for certain in that the full IS Lights, fountain, and Fireworks show starts Memorial Day weekend. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KI Fan75 said:

I am a little shocked that there are no longer lights in the fountain itself. The lights in the water made a much bigger impact. 

Agree. Hopefully this is not a complete example of how this is going to look. I’m sure there is in-water lighting to be added. If it’s only external, it feels really flat. Maybe that’s why the light rigs are still up. Last year they were mostly taken down (with the exception of 1-2 or side) after winterfest. Maybe they left them up until the in- water lighting is installed. Last year they covered the footers with large urns which didn’t look bad. 

10 minutes ago, brent said:

Hopefully this is not a complete example of how this is going to look. I’m sure there is in-water lighting to be added. 

With the water already in the pool, I am not sure how likely that will be. 

As a general statement, (not directed to you brent) I do think we also need to give the park a change to get everything perfected before getting upset. The park has made a lot of changes and needs time to get things the way they want them. It is unfair to pass judgment on preview night.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

20190419_194220.jpg

I know it's still early, but I hope the park straightens and anchors those umbrella tables so that they have symmetrical spacing on both sides.  Otherwise, there are some great improvements, and by the time I'm able to visit in a couple weeks, I'm sure I'll get to see an even better version (especially once flowers / shrubs are planted).

• Like 1