Klabergian Empire

International street makeover

I always thought the lack of more KIC-specific events was due to cost.  You don't see many coaster groups doing individual events anymore.  I think that is related to cost, as well as the park pushing their own events like Coasterstock.

35 minutes ago, Pagoda Gift Shop said:

I always thought the lack of more KIC-specific events was due to cost.  You don't see many coaster groups doing individual events anymore.  I think that is related to cost, as well as the park pushing their own events like Coasterstock.

Does the park do free events for any group at this point?

1 hour ago, fryoj said:

So that opens the question of did the park single out KIC to stop getting events, or did they just stop doing events for everyone?

We went from having several individual coaster club and enthusiast organization events a year to one major event a year with the creation of Coasterstock in 2015. 

We still do a number of things for individual coaster clubs and enthusiast organizations outside of Coasterstock, just in a different way than having an event. 

Last year, we introduced K.I. Blog Meetups, offering a series of behind-the-scenes opportunities that included behind-the-scenes video and photo opportunities of The Beast, Racer, Firehawk and Gravity, which included a Q&A with the cast. With the blog meetups, you didn't have to be a member of an approved coaster club or enthusiast organization to participate. Park admission was the only requirement. 

20 minutes ago, DonHelbig said:

We went from having several individual coaster club and enthusiast organization events a year to one major event a year with the creation of Coasterstock in 2015. 

We still do a number of things for individual coaster clubs and enthusiast organizations outside of Coasterstock, just in a different way than having an event. 

Last year, we introduced K.I. Blog Meetups, offering a series of behind-the-scenes opportunities that included behind-the-scenes video and photo opportunities of The Beast, Racer, Firehawk and Gravity, which included a Q&A with the cast. With the blog meetups, you didn't have to be a member of an approved coaster club or enthusiast organization to participate. Park admission was the only requirement. 

Thanks Don. It's good to have clarification on the issue as theres been some odd rumors swirling around here for years on this subject. 

1 hour ago, silver2005 said:

Just caught my first fountain show. My review- two thumbs way up!

Was in the back of the park for the finale; but if not mistaken, not all the I-Street lights were working.

Saw the full light show on Friday or Saturday (at least I think it was...) and it is really good.  They seem to be having some consistency issues on the effects though.

^I know, but I definitely can see the upside as if they'd all be working.  I'm happy with the results.  Yes, I do miss the pedistals, but the new set up definitely has a more subtle, quaint feeling within International Street that I'm learning to appreciate.   

I'll be definitely enjoying some meal time fountain ERT a lot this summer, hopefully with some added Graeter's, Off the Charts, and saxophone ERT.  B)