Renovation Predictions

JudeHoward

In no particular order

• The Crypt building
    • This is one of the biggest eyesores in the park and I'm sure park officials want to do something with it
  • Boo Blasters
    • At the rate we've been seeing old attractions rise form the grave, I wouldn't count out the possible return of the Phantom Theater- if not that, an improved dark ride experience with a similar theme
  • Oktoberfest
    • Hank's Burrito Shack in a German themed area, need I say more?

Also on a more personal note I would like to see BLSC get rethemed but I don't think that'll happen anytime soon

• Like 7

Oktoberfest. That area is due to be brought back to how it was. It now feels like the small part between Coney Mall and AZ. I would bring back some of the german stuff (like they had at Winterfest, but keep it permanent.) I would also love to see the barrels return and some more flat rides. They could even do a coaster in that area. Maybe something like Copperhead Strike or even Maverick over the pond themed to the area. I would like to see Slingshot removed or relocated to Xbase or something.Ā 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

They could even do a coaster in that area.Ā 

A spinning Wildmouse coaster would fit in nicely with the theme...

5 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

Hope to see the Coney Mall sign return, Ā 

Iā€™d personallyĀ like to see all of the themed area signs return.Ā 

• Like 3

@Imperial79Ā At one time all of them did. Octoberfest hadĀ signs right off international street. Coney of course and then Planet Snoopy was Hanna Barberra. Rivertown currently has one near RFYLCB, as well as X-Base.Ā Iā€™ll see if I can locate a picture of the Octoberfest sign.

edit: here is the Oktoberfest sign.Ā 

Ā 

A833E3EB-4831-4040-A2AE-190ADC26A220.jpeg

• Like 10

There is/wasĀ a wooden Rivertown sign somewhere. Let me see if I can locate that one too. If you are headed towards Planet Snoopy from The east is predominately Planet Snoopy.

edit: I cant find a picture online, it may have been removed around the renovation for Diamondback, it was originally near the Rivertown restroom on the island of land (thatĀ used to be the only direction into Rivertown, past the Restrooms)Ā it was a sign that was stained a light green, and simple had the word Rivertown on it.

Totally forgot about the Oktoberfest sign. Thatā€™s sick. Ā That area of the park needsĀ some love.Ā 

Iā€™m definitely over The Crypt building. That things gotta go!Ā 

We need some kind of dark ride to replace Boo Blasters.Ā 

Iā€™d be all about replacingĀ BLSC with a modern woodie with a bit of vintage style flair to fit in better with Coney Mall. Name it ā€œWildcatā€ after the classic Coney coaster to really bring everything full circle historically.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I know a wild mouse would be good, but knowing Cedar Fair, they like to upgrade outdated areas of parks with big thrill coasters. Like you could do something like Copperhead Strike in that area near the pond. Or you could even do a dive coaster of some sort there and have it dive into the pond like Yukon Striker.Ā 

Not trying to sound rude, but I don't think that pond needs to be touched. Kings Island used to have a ton of ponds and lakes around the park and almost all of them were removed to accommodate a coaster. I would like to look at some actual scenery every now and then.

• Like 11

Just now, SonofBaconator said:

Not trying to sound rude, but I don't think that pond needs to be touched. Kings Island used to have a ton of ponds and lakes around the park and almost all of them were removed to accommodate a coaster. I would like to look at some actual scenery every now and then.

I do agree it doesn't need to be touched. I honestly think if they were to use the Oktoberfest pond, they wouldn't use all of it so they can still keep the charm.

• Like 1

On January 18, 2019 at 2:46 PM, Maverick44 said:

Yes please leave that pond alone. It is amazing as is with Viking FuryĀ  swinging over it. They can get a wild cat in the old paramount walk through ( I forgot the name as I was typing this) haha.

Tower Gardens. Like the pond, it's nice having that area for the natural beauty. If the park actuallyĀ keeps up with that beauty, that is.Ā 

• Like 1

Sorry for the double post but I have something awesome to share.

I give you X-Base 2.0 - Giga added (King Cobra's Revenge). Wild mouse added on an all new path connectingĀ  Oktoberfest and X-Base 2.0. I move Slingshot over on the new path as well and re themed it to (Moonshot). I also added the Space Station Food House with a patio. The patio could also have live entertainment on it. I picture it like Harmony Hall @Carowinds. Enjoy!

Ā 

Xbase revamp.png

• Like 2

After the presumed coaster next year, it will be about time for Planet Snoopy to get an expansion.Ā  I wouldn't mind seeing it turned into Camp Snoopy, similar to Carowinds recent re-theming of the land.Ā  The rustic camping feel would work well with the transition from International Street to Rivertown.Ā  As part of this transition, I would move Woodstock Gliders over to Coney Mall in the old Flying Eagles spot and re-name Woodstock Gliders to Flying Eagles.Ā  The 3-point challenge can be moved elsewhere in the park.Ā Ā 

In place of Woodstock Gliders, I would add Woodstock Whirlybirds, a teacup ride.Ā  Elsewhere they could add a play area and something like KD's Flying Ace Balloon Race.Ā  This would help plus two areas of the park as the Eagles would add to the improvements that Coney Mall has already made and it would give two more rides (Whirlybirds and Flying Ace Balloon Race) that could be open during Winterfest.

If Planet Snoopy gets something new in the near future, I could see maybe putting a wild mouse there. Rumor has it that Woodstock Whirlybirds could be leaving soon because of it just not operating well recently. They've started trying the ride vehicles from Carowinds on it so if that fails they may scrap it. A wild mouse could probably fit decently in that area and they could even have it expand out into the open space between the basketball game, Surf Dog, and Snoopy's space buggies. It would also be the 5th coaster in Planet Snoopy if you include Surf Dog (which I do)

Today I have revampedĀ Action ZoneĀ into - The Dark Forest.

Removed - Invertigo and Drop Tower.

AddedĀ  - New Drop Tower from Intamin ( like falcons fury at BGT) named Demon Drop ( since they have the trademark already).

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  - Tea cup ride called Dark River Cups

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  - Music express ride called "Enchanted Express"

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  - New Blitz coaster by Intamin called "Windigo". Park's first and only beyond vertical drop. Speeds of up to 75mph. Launch tunnel out over the water (thank you Maverick). Cobra Roll & Heart Line roll. The brown isĀ  rock formation the coaster will pas through. (The brown over the water where theĀ walking path is....Ā is a bridge).

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  - Renamed Congo Falls into "Forgotten Falls"

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  - Added as many trees that I could

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  - Added "Dark Forest food Hut"

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  - Other food carts along the path ( marked in black).

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  - I wanted to connect a path from tear Demon Drop over to near Forgotten Falls to add passage easier to a from The Bat. I forgot to place it on there haha.

This is fun. I like to recreate whole sections of the park:wub::P

The Dark Forest.png

• Like 6

Yeah I think that area would be awesome as well. I miss having the old que line for white water rapids. As a kid I remember it taking so long to get back there and it all being through the woods. I have yet to take the path thereĀ  since MT opened. Is it still as cool?

As for my rendering I would agree they would need to plant a ton of trees to make it more forest-y. I think it would look amazing being right next to Oktoberfest. They could really go well together. The whole Action Zone theme is dead and needs to be updated asap.

• Like 2