KI 2019 Entertainment

ki95

On 2/11/2019 at 1:47 PM, Creed Bratton said:

The only thing with the Skyline pavilion is that it's really not good for shows. The Plight Before Christmas suffered from bad sight lines and a lack of seating. 

I'd love to see a show in Coney as well, but I think they'd be better set with a new venue vs retrofitting one.

:wub: The Plight Before Christmas.  We had full houses and then there were times we were playing for 2 people (on the very cold nights).  I loved how we incorporated the poles on the stage into the show.  I miss it! 

• Like 7

• 2 months later...
On 7/9/2019 at 1:15 AM, calakapepe said:

The 2019 show for the bandstand is Off the Charts; another year, mostly different music.

Hot Rhythm Nights was only for Grand Carnivale here and at Kings Dominion. Probably will be brought to the next two parks for Grand Carnivale.

Thank you. I found that to be very confusing with the 2 names.

• Like 1

Off the Charts is a great show but Hot Rhythm Nights was absolutely outstanding.   It’s the same great vocalists and band, but it took the show to the next level with the dancers and tight choreography  

They should have one show like that at all season in place of the three nightly less choreographed shows.      It’s a shame all the effort put into Hot Rhythm Nights for just three weeks of performance.   

On 7/13/2019 at 11:19 PM, super7 said:

Off the Charts is a great show but Hot Rhythm Nights was absolutely outstanding.   It’s the same great vocalists and band, but it took the show to the next level with the dancers and tight choreography  

They should have one show like that at all season in place of the three nightly less choreographed shows.      It’s a shame all the effort put into Hot Rhythm Nights for just three weeks of performance.   

An almost a little known fact is that Hot Rhythm Nights actually ran twice nightly during Carnivale. The first showing, which was at like 6:00-ish didn't capture the same magic that the 9:30 did. Same is kind of true for Off The Charts.  The later the show, the better.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2019 at 12:38 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

An almost a little known fact is that Hot Rhythm Nights actually ran twice nightly during Carnivale. The first showing, which was at like 6:00-ish didn't capture the same magic that the 9:30 did. Same is kind of true for Off The Charts.  The later the show, the better.

The night shows are always better with the lighting.  The 6 show was still great with all of the choreography.    One could actually see the choreography better in the 6 show with the smaller crowd.  

The performers always put 100% into both shows despite the heat and lack of shade at 6

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2019 at 9:09 PM, RivertownRaider said:

Im a little skeptical for Drums of the Dead... Looks like they are trying to rip off blood drums and use basically the same consept with out paying SDC to license BD. 

That’s certainly what it sounds like.

I’ve heard this will be “bigger and better.”

We will see in a few weeks, I guess.

32 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

That’s certainly what it sounds like.

I’ve heard this will be “bigger and better.”

We will see in a few weeks, I guess.

Based off of what I've seen in the parade building next to The Racer following GC, it appears there may be floats for this show. Hopefully it's not a "Haunted Homecoming" version of Blood Drums.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ki95 said:

Based off of what I've seen in the parade building next to The Racer following GC, it appears there may be floats for this show. Hopefully it's not a "Haunted Homecoming" version of Blood Drums.

I think what you saw was the Carnivale floats but they were winterized. Unless you saw something that I didn’t...

11 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Does anyone else think that storage shed needs to have vines growing up it and trees around it. That thing is a horrible eye sore. 

Yeah, imo it's going to block a good portion of the view of Orion from The Racer's station. Remember the view of Firehawk you would get from Racer's station?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/4/2019 at 11:01 AM, BoddaH1994 said:

I think what you saw was the Carnivale floats but they were winterized. Unless you saw something that I didn’t...

Are they using the floats? I noticed some skulls & bones on the floats back when I originally posted the question.

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2019 at 2:09 PM, Skyrider said:

We need a Winterfest parade similar to Carnvale but at night with lights!

Carowinds is doing one this year.  https://www.carowinds.com/play/winterfest/attractions/wonderland-parade

I've talked to several other KI WinterFest performers and they (and I) would love to see that here too, but it's up to The Powers That Be.  Who knows what the future holds...

• Like 2

On 11/24/2019 at 11:57 AM, calakapepe said:

The performers I've spoken to are quite relieved that there isn't a WinterFest parade this year lol
Not to undercut you, just surprised those are the opinions you've found!

I would imagine they’d have to have separate performers for the parade. Could they black out 2 hours of the night to pull everyone for the parade when it’s only a 5 hour event? I know few details about how they are doing Carowinds’ parade but I imagine they would have to do something along those lines if they use the same performers.

• Like 1

You'd probably only need 30 minutes between other shows to use the same performers. They only have to change and then perform, the floats can be taken care of by a different team.

The summer had the parade.. 1 hour after HRN ended, and then.. idr what time their night time show started.. but i wanna say it went at 9pm.