Grammy nominated composer Scott Erickson is working on a project for Kings Island

BoddaH1994

1 minute ago, VortexBFForever said:

Fireworks show is my guess as well. I would LOVE to see The Greatest Show 2.0 with the new and improved I-Street, but something new for the fireworks would be cool too. Either way, I can't complain! :D

Under nearly any other circumstance I’d put money on the return of The Greatest Show, but I’d say a “new” I Street would constitute a new show - but likely bigger and better than ever. Stay tuned.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sonofbeast2.0 said:

Slightly off topic but, are we the only park in the chain to have fireworks on 10pm or later closes? I know a lot of then do something for the 4th of July though.

As far as “nightly” is concerned then yes. In fact, it’s very unique for any park. Even some of the parks down south don’t do it.

• Like 1

Could be new fireworks show? If so, do you Think they will incorporate the new fountains into the show as well, like what they do at EPCOT?  If they are hiring an artist like this, perhaps adding the fountain element to the nightly show makes sense instead of it just being for fireworks.

Would be awesome if it was for a new dark ride too though

Um, I would just like to go on the record as saying that I once daydreamed on here about Kings Island getting a custom score for the nightly fireworks*. I've also daydreamed well before now about the park getting another parade. If next year brings both, I might actually die of happiness. This is some pipe dream business coming true for me right now, people.

Hey KI, for the record: I also really admire Dollywood's event schedule and BGW's Food and Wine Festival. Why not think about introducing something similar? And have a companion event each evening on International Street and Tower Gardens called Nuits d'Amour in which vendors sell flowers and French pastries, International Street gradually transitions to songs like "La Vie en Rose" by Louis Armstrong or "Non, je ne regrette rien" by Edith Piaf, and a section of International Street or all of Tower Gardens gets new tables and becomes a place to have a candle-lit sit-down dinner, complete with reservations? No? Too much? Okay. I'm just really feeling like we're on a roll here.

* I'd love to hear something orchestral that starts well in advance of the show and gradually builds in energy and complexity and climaxes with the fireworks. I'm not a music composer, but what I imagine in my head is very much inspired by "Fireworks" by Nicholas Hooper from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (which they used during the fireworks in previous years.) Something that's the right mix of playful and grandiose.

• Like 4