Laura

Season pass sale

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if Kings Island runs a sale on their season passes prior to the park opening? I should have bought one in the fall when they offer the low price and I am kicking myself for not doing so. Debating on whether I should wait to buy a pass.

Thanks!

Laura

9 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

Hi @Laura the biggest sales are usually in October-December. There may be another small sale leading up to the park opening, but that isn't guaranteed. I would personally purchase now before prices increase. 

Will the price increase closer to park opening?

If you do purchase online, I believe you can opt to pay monthly for the pass with no additional cost after the initial processing fee.  So the earlier you purchase and choose this option, the less the monthly cost is is as it is spread over more months.

I don't understand the need for a processing fee for online orders.  Just another way to make money.  Online ordering, for the vast majority of industries, lowers overall cost.

But I have a feeling someone will come to KI's/CF's rescue and defend it, as typical.

I am not defending the processing fee, but I do believe that Cedar Fair uses a platform created by a third party for their online sales.  Cedar Fair uses accesso for their online sales platform.  https://accesso.com/news/cedar-fair-extends-accesso-passport-agreement-through-2022

I am not privy to the breakdown of that processing fee, but I would imagine that accesso gets a bulk of that fee.  

To be fair, the fee is only $7. It isn't really that big of a deal. 

I personally recommend the monthly plan as it's easier to budget.