X-base or not?

MaestroJr

Do you think this year the section know as X-base will remain called that or just called nothing? Obviously the sign out front will change to just say Flight of Fear, but what about the X-base theme and also I can’t remember but what was it like there before Firehawk? It’ll defiantly be strange this year without it.

5 hours ago, MaestroJr said:

Do you think this year the section know as X-base will remain called that or just called nothing? Obviously the sign out front will change to just say Flight of Fear, but what about the X-base theme and also I can’t remember but what was it like there before Firehawk? It’ll defiantly be strange this year without it.

From hearing from the park Xbase is more of like a little extension of Coney Mall. With that being said im sure its going to still stay as Xbase and we might see teasers back there. I don't remember what it was like before Firehawk as 2007 i was 15ish (i might remember) but im excited to see what this year/season brings! 

• Like 1

I think there's some key elements that are required to make an area an official section

• Rides
  • Eateries/food vendors
  • Restrooms
  • Ample seating/resting area

So far X-Base only has one ride, a small concession stand, and a few benches. I think more would have to be done in order to truly make the section its own. I think we'll see some more additions in the near future.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I think there's some key elements that are required to make an area an official section

• Rides
  • Eateries/food vendors
  • Restrooms
  • Ample seating/resting area

So far X-Base only has one ride, a small concession stand, and a few benches. I think more would have to be done in order to truly make the section its own. I think we'll see some more additions in the near future.

Yeah i agree. Also that little concession stand is almost never open. At least the time i was there,  i went at least 3-4 times a week. 

Just for my edification, what is with the Coke Freestyle machines?  We have one in Rivertown that is consistently closed, the Oktoberfest location is usually open, but on crowded days it is backed up.  They are inefficient and the fountain locations offer plenty of choices.  Not that I am against Freestyle locations, I just prefer the fountain locations personally.  I will admit my bias against the Freestyle machines--being a germophobe, I hate the thought of touching the screen, especially after seeing how many people do not wash their hands in the restrooms.

43 minutes ago, jtro223 said:

Just for my edification, what is with the Coke Freestyle machines?  We have one in Rivertown that is consistently closed, the Oktoberfest location is usually open, but on crowded days it is backed up.  They are inefficient and the fountain locations offer plenty of choices.  Not that I am against Freestyle locations, I just prefer the fountain locations personally.  I will admit my bias against the Freestyle machines--being a germophobe, I hate the thought of touching the screen, especially after seeing how many people do not wash their hands in the restrooms.

They added several machines in Oktoberfest last year which really helped with the lines. The problem they’re facing now is often being out of ice or several choices being grayed. That has everything to do with staffing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jtro223 said:

I hate them. Operationally, aesthetically and taste wise. 

• Like 1

I honestly hope X-Base gets a makeover, not just the alleged new ride, but some other things as well.  

What's the land like between X-Base and the Dinos Alive path?  Is it feasible for a path (as in, not too hilly and/or doesn't require a lot of smoothing out to put a path)?  I would like to think that'd be the logical place to build up since they already have some basic infrastructure to work with.  There should be ways to work around the warehouses.  I mean, if you're going to put a ride as large and elaborate as a B&M back there, it ought to have some supporting area to accommodate it and Flight of Fear.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jtro223 said:

Freestyle machines give some of us diabetics more options. The majority of my favorite Diet drinks, such as Diet Root Beer and Diet Dr. Pepper, aren't typical fountain selections. That goes double for beverages that are both Sugar Free and Caffeine Free. 

• Like 2

@Joshua, I never really thought about that.  Being T1D myself, I usually stick to water, Coke Zero, and the flavored waters at the fountain locations.  I do have to keep a close watch on my CGM when I'm at a park because I can go hypoglycemic fairly fast, and to keep levels around 100, I often have to mix some regular soft drink in with Coke Zero.  The Freestyle machines, for me, are a little more cumbersome for that.  But, that's just me.  I'm glad they work for you and others.  ;)

• Like 1

Two things,

Mr. Pibb zero is available at the Coca-cola Marketplace, it's the only place I've seen it, and its the best drink I've ever had.

Also, I have purchased a drink in the park in quite some time. Does the park still not carbonate the Orange Fanta? I remember when I had a refill cup some years ago the Fanta was always just the juice. It was the weirdest thing and it was like that everywhere, but I really liked it.

• Like 1