Worst Coaster You Have Been On.

13 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Ahhh yes now I remember! Well I will take the advil with me!

I can save you the trip... Take a garbage can, turn it upside down and place it over your upper body... Now get a local little league team to bash on the outside of the can repeatedly... This is a pretty good approximation of Time Warp...

I realize that it may be worth riding in a 'I have to see exactly how bad this is sort of way', but it's bad bad… 

On the bright side, it makes the neighbouring SLC seem not as bad... 

• Like 1

I didn't find T3 all that bad.  It had weird pacing issues and the restraints cut the circulation off to my legs due to the fact its a positive G beast that staples it on its own, but I'd re-ride it if I go back to the Hartland.  Same with MIA's Thunderhawk.   

14 minutes ago, Honorarius said:

I can save you the trip... Take a garbage can, turn it upside down and place it over your upper body... Now get a local little league team to bash on the outside of the can repeatedly... This is a pretty good approximation of Time Warp...

I realize that it may be worth riding in a 'I have to see exactly how bad this is sort of way', but it's bad bad… 

On the bright side, it makes the neighbouring SLC seem not as bad... 

Switch those two coasters for me, including the garbage can operation! lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Corkscrew at CP is also one I won't touch anymore. Spine breaker.

Is it just me or do the restraints on Corkscrew seem smaller than other rides of it's type? Before it even moves I'm hurting... It's like the seat to shoulder distance isn't big enough and my spine is compressed from closing the restraints causing every bump to translate into back pain...

• Like 1

^Its factually true.  I've ridden Michigan's Adventure's Corkscrew and CP's Corkscrew within days of each other, which was built around the same time and has similar rolling stock, but the floor is lower on the Muskegon ride than the Sandusky version.  I'm on the shorter side and I'm still cramped on CP's Corkscrew.  MIA's on the other hand is really fun for its size and age.  Its quite re-rideable, and it doesn't hurt it has a flashy paint job. 

• Like 2

For me the Outer Limits: Flight of Fear was one of the worst until they got rid of the OTSRs. Now i think it is quite enjoyable.   Son of Beast was bad especially after the work they did after taking out the loop.  I think after the new trains were added was when I could barely ride that one anymore.  And then Gwazi at BG Tampa.

• Like 1

Gwazi at Busch Gardens Tampa. The only smooth part of the ride was the pre-lift section and lift hill. It gave me an almost instant headache. Only the Tiger side was running and it was so bad that even if the Lion side had been running as well, I would have skipped riding the 2nd track for another coaster credit. This was with the Millennium Flyer trains and I would hate to see how rough the coaster was with the original PTC trains.

• Like 1

Geez.... so many to choose from.

The Boss at SFStL

Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain at Indiana Beach

Williams Grove Cyclone

Soarin' Eagle - Coney Island

Shockwave - SFGAm

Batman The Escape - Astroworld

Big Dipper - Camden Park

Revolution at SFMM (With head restraints)

There's more... but those are the standouts in my mind right now.

• Like 1

Rougarou, purely due to head banging.  I have likely ridden worse, Hair Raiser for instance stands out as being terrible.  I cannot really claim I have good memories of either Son of Beast or Mean Streak, but I never felt like I might get brain damage on either ride.  Rougarou is the only B&M I have vowed to never ride again.

55 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

The equivalent of being pushed over the side of a sharp hill in a shopping cart.

What a great analogy!  Clip is pretty funny too.  I knew there was one at Indiana Beach that needed to go on my list. I sat here thinking what it was.  I think the last time I rode that I was maybe a sophomore in HS?  Definitely one of the worst rides, but not all bad memories :) 

• 1 year later...
On 2/12/2019 at 12:59 PM, Shaggy said:

The Boss at SFStL

Thank You! Its good to see Im not the only one who thinks its bad. I hear so much praise for that ride, but I just can't like it. It has a nice setting but its to rough, and thats coming from the person who got off an SLC for the first time and wanted to run back in line to do it again. 

I've only been skimming through this comment thread, so sorry if someone did say it, but I'm surprised no one has said Green Lantern at Magic Mountain(soon to be vipere at La Ronde). There are. very few coasters I don't like, but there's only one a completely despise. Hopefully La Ronde has better luck with the thing then Magic Mountain, cause, good god, that ride hurt so bad. 

I have ridden some bad ones, but my current "worst coaster" is Nighthawk at Carowinds. I really enjoyed Firehawk, so I was expecting to like Nighthawk, but I dont think I have ever wanted off a coaster as much as I wanted off Nighthawk halfway through the ride.

54 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I haven't been on a lot of coasters (that was the plan this year)  but Mean Streak was far worse than Son of Beast. I got about halfway down the drop and wanted off. 

Riding Mean Streak didn't bother me as much as it did some, but it wasn't one I ever felt the need to ride when I was at CP.  I definitely can see where people hated it.  I always avoided a wheel seat, so that helped.

That having been said... Once while riding MS - I got the bottom side of my upper arm pinched between the wood on the side of the car and the metal trim they had on the edges.  See the picture below - I circled what I am talking about.)  Good Lord that hurt, and left me with a horrible pinch bruise.  I thought I was going to bleed all over the place.

814c5f93-6948-40be-bc2f-e342960083f0-medium16x9_IMG_7703.jpg

No matter how rough a wooden coaster is or how much jackhammering goes on, I still generally find them fun. Grizzly at KD, Minebuster at CW, or Legend at HW come to mind- I usually get off laughing and thinking “that was so awful I need to do it again”. I generally don’t classify wooden coasters into my list of worst coasters; the roughness is part of the fun. 

My pick would be Vortex at Carowinds. There is nothing redeeming about it. 

• Like 1