Worst Coaster You Have Been On.

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 4:41 PM, DeltaFlyer said:

the roughness is part of the fun. 

That's how I've always felt with older wooden coasters. I was one of the very few people who enjoyed the original Meanstreak. People said the layout was boring, but I always rode it for it's roughness. 

I think wooden coaster roughness can go well with speed. On The Beast it makes the ride more wild and out of control (unless you ride it when it's to hot and the coaster meanders down the track for most of the ride).  That's why I love to ride it in the back of the train (I probably couldn't have done Meanstreak in the back. I have limits). But I still think wooden coasters can also be to rough (see my rant on The Boss above)    

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:59 PM, Shaggy said:

Geez.... so many to choose from.

The Boss at SFStL

Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain at Indiana Beach

Williams Grove Cyclone

Soarin' Eagle - Coney Island

Shockwave - SFGAm

Batman The Escape - Astroworld

Big Dipper - Camden Park

Revolution at SFMM (With head restraints)

There's more... but those are the standouts in my mind right now.

You've been to Camden Park? I love Big Dipper because of the back row and only a buzzer bar to hold you down. The big drop is amazing!

Flight Deck at Wonderland is my all time worst.  Many of the other ones mentioned in this thread, I would agree are bad as well.

Time Warp at CW, Nighthawk and Vortex (both at Carowinds), The Boss at SFSTL, Mean Streak (CP), T3 (KK), and Lost Coaster at IB (it may not the worst coaster I ever rode but it was certainly the weirdest) would all be under consideration as well.

As far as KI, I had a love/hate relationship with SOB.  In the early years, I was an apologist but objectively it was not a great coaster.  SOB is a great example that when enthusiasts always rave about bigger and better that bigger doesn't necessarily mean best.  Mystic is a prime example of not the biggest but it is one of the best woodies I've been on.  

With current day KI, I will happily send them $10 to assist with the removal of Invertigo, but besides Invertigo, I think our coaster lineup is solid.   

18 hours ago, KIguy2004 said:

You've been to Camden Park? I love Big Dipper because of the back row and only a buzzer bar to hold you down. The big drop is amazing!

When I was there, there was literally no physical seat in the rear row of the last car - it was roped off!  And I dont recall the first drop being that "Big"  LOL!

Image result for big dipper camden park

I can add 2 more to the list of one and done....

Desert Storm and Patriot @ Castles N' Coasters in Arizona. Yikes! This is besides the roughness. The ride ops are so lax. On Desert Storm  there was only 1 person running the coaster. She checked restraints ( sort of). This is a lap bar only looping coaster. I am generally never worried about riding a coaster. This time i was actually worried. After she kinda checked lapbars.....she ran back to  control panel and tried to use the mic but it did not work. She had to yell whatever she was saying. haha 

Glad i got those done and out of the way haha. Desert Storm is the biggest coaster in Arizona lol not saying much but yeah haha

20 hours ago, Shaggy said:

When I was there, there was literally no physical seat in the rear row of the last car - it was roped off!  And I dont recall the first drop being that "Big"  LOL!

Image result for big dipper camden park

Well that back seat has been roped off for the last 6 years.