Phantom Therater......returns?

Maverick44

I was not sure where to actually ask this or post about it so here it goes.

Since the park actually listens to its fans and brought back the Tique's in 2019. Is it possible to start a campaign to bring back Phantom Theater?  This is literally the biggest thing I miss about KI. I would beg for them to bring this back from my knees if I could haha. This was such an amazing ride growing up. is there anyone else that would help me along my way to get the Phantom back in his rightful place? Maybe we can get KI reps to answer the question?

Help The Phantom and myself out!!! haha 

phantomtheatretshirt.jpg

• Like 7

Would love to see this, but I find it unlikely.

1. It would be expensive in today’s world and I don’t see them making a real, true investment in a dark ride.

2. Maintenance is a continuous investment with this moreso than some others and with the current dark ride in a perpetual “kind of working” state even with very few complicated animatronics so either the expertise or the investment isn’t available or important to them.

3. Let’s not kid ourselves - you’ll get your Planets v Zomies-esque thing soon enough, but the next ride going into the Boo building is going to be something Charlie Brown related with similar props and actions to what’s there now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I was not sure where to actually ask this or post about it so here it goes.

Since the park actually listens to its fans and brought back the Tique's in 2019. Is it possible to start a campaign to bring back Phantom Theater?  This is literally the biggest thing I miss about KI. I would beg for them to bring this back from my knees if I could haha. This was such an amazing ride growing up. is there anyone else that would help me along my way to get the Phantom back in his rightful place? Maybe we can get KI reps to answer the question?

Help The Phantom and myself out!!! haha 

phantomtheatretshirt.jpg

Sorry to double post, yes I would love a Phantom return as well. Not to rain on your parade, but many a petition and email, letter have been offered to the park over the years about returning Phantom Theater but to no avail. I’d love it to return but I doubt it ever will, however maybe a Voyage to the Iron Reef or something along that category will be opening sooner than later. But always keep the dream alive on Phantom Theater! 

• Like 4

Yeah I try to go in to Boo and look for any remnants of Phantom. I think the pics that the eyes moved when you walked past are still there behind whatever is there now.

Well it took the cars some time to come back.....I would expect the same for Phantom. We just need the reps from KI who frequent this page to take notice!

#PhantomReturns

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MaestroJr said:

Yes, same building, layout, and cars.  

Sort of.

Same building but the front entrance was expanded for the castle look. 

The layout was the same but the cars now sometimes face different directions. A fun fact is that now right when you enter the ride area you face to the right. For PT you faxed to the left and were greeted by a ghost usher. The platform he hovered over is still there.

It’s the same cars, although modified for the blasters, however there are about half as many. They were more frequent with PT. In the last few days of operation for PT they were loading every other car, presumably to test what would be the new operations.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Yeah I try to go in to Boo and look for any remnants of Phantom. I think the pics that the eyes moved when you walked past are still there behind whatever is there now.

Well it took the cars some time to come back.....I would expect the same for Phantom. We just need the reps from KI who frequent this page to take notice!

#PhantomReturns

I took these pictures of the Phantom faces a few years ago, they are still in use to this day. 842F1661-09D7-4E01-A8E4-6CB03355414A.jpeg4908670C-E90E-4936-AA2D-AB56560559CC.jpeg 

43 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Sort of.

Same building but the front entrance was expanded for the castle look. 

The layout was the same but the cars now sometimes face different directions. A fun fact is that now right when you enter the ride area you face to the right. For PT you faxed to the left and were greeted by a ghost usher. The platform he hovered over is still there.

It’s the same cars, although modified for the blasters, however there are about half as many. They were more frequent with PT. In the last few days of operation for PT they were loading every other car, presumably to test what would be the new operations.

Yeah Bodda, I knew that, I just didn’t want to elaborate, feeling lazy tonight, ;). Also, I know the platform your referring to I took a photo of it a while ago as I remembered the cars turning left, not right. It’s hard to see but it’s still there as well.77F6D54A-F2A1-49C0-AE0E-275E6BC878EA.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Not to be "that guy", but it was actually Maestro on the platform. He held the curtain open for vehicles to pass under (reference start of video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8BBYbkOWck)

• Like 2

They could easily adapt the system to not include animatronics. If I were the king of King’s Island (:P) I would convert the attraction into a virtual reality ride, using the virtual reality headsets. This way, the ride could be updated periodically with new and exciting adventures year to year, and holiday to holiday, perhaps even allowing riders to choose which adventure they want to participate in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, upstop said:

They could easily adapt the system to not include animatronics. If I were the king of King’s Island (:P) I would convert the attraction into a virtual reality ride, using the virtual reality headsets. This way, the ride could be updated periodically with new and exciting adventures year to year, and holiday to holiday, perhaps even allowing riders to choose which adventure they want to participate in.

This would be great! they could also make the same Phantom Theater that was already once there! Then you can choose other options during Winterfest and whatnot. When I have children I would love for them to experience Phantom Theater the way I did. 

• Like 1

Phantom Thestre was almost Disney quality.   Boo Blasters isnt even carnival quality.  

I would also take the return of enchanted voyage although that will never happen with the loss of Hanna-Barbera licensing   

Cedar Fair  really should install some high-quality family oriented dark rides at all their parks. There is a reason Disney has the highest attendance. There is something there that everyone can do together    

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

They also have the characters to base attractions off of so it should be east for Disney. Don if you read  this bring him back!!! #PhantomReturns 

Don is an Area Manager for Digital Marketing- this is a bit out of the scope of his job description and several levels under where those decisions are made.

• Like 3

I think it’s just fun to dream, regardless if Don or the CEO of Cedar Fair hears it, it’ll probably not be a financial option, and also I don’t know how popular it would be now anyways with the general public, they will probably stick to the interactive thing. 

53 minutes ago, Outdoor Man said:

Don is an Area Manager for Digital Marketing- this is a bit out of the scope of his job description and several levels under where those decisions are made.

I get that. I just know he comes on this page. Wouldn't hurt for him to know. Im not a n00b  I know what he does lol.

@MaestroJr they could make it interactive.

• Like 1

While i never really experienced Phantom Theater, i really do hope that KI (well CF) possibly invests some money into Boo Blasters. Yes it could receive a new design and style (while using the same layout and everything from its predecessors) or it could receive a refurbishment so that props work right, lazer guns work right and targets work right.

Don't quote me on this, but if i remember correctly I think Mike Koontz had mentioned something about boo blasters at last years Coasterstock during his Q&A? I cant remember off the top of my head on what was asked and everything though.