Phantom Therater......returns?

Maverick44

9 hours ago, jtro223 said:

Voyage to the Iron Reef and Plants Vs. Zombies were a let-down for me.  I never got to experience Phantom Theater, but it sounds wonderful.

I enjoyed Plants Vs Zombies, maybe because each time I did it, I won on my side :). It definitely isn't amazing, but it's not too bad. 

8 hours ago, Drummermattk said:

While i never really experienced Phantom Theater, i really do hope that KI (well CF) possibly invests some money into Boo Blasters. Yes it could receive a new design and style (while using the same layout and everything from its predecessors) or it could receive a refurbishment so that props work right, lazer guns work right and targets work right.

Don't quote me on this, but if i remember correctly I think Mike Koontz had mentioned something about boo blasters at last years Coasterstock during his Q&A? I cant remember off the top of my head on what was asked and everything though.

I can't remember, but that'd be a good question this year if they do a Q&A. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KIfan73 said:

If one of the purposes of having a "kids area" at an amusement park is to create lifelong customers, there hasn't been anything in that building that's gotten that job done in a long time.

The job done for you or everyone? Cuz Phantom is a classic for a lot of people.

• Thanks 1

Phantom Theater was a great ride.  But I still remember riding the Smurf`s Enchanted Voyage when I was really young.  I remember being super mad that Kings Island decided to remove the ride and replace it with a "dumb" haunted house.  Funny that now I would love to have that "dumb" haunted house back.  

• Like 6

My kids really like Boo Blasters, it is an appropriate level of scary for them, and they get to feel like they are helping people by blasting all the ghosts.

I'd like to see something new, I also think they could do good work making an Augmented Reality version of the ride, not full VR cause that is lame why sit in that tiny car just to watch a TV on your face. However setting up ride with the option of wearing a headset that adds to the ride would be nice. Heck they could even take it next level and let you pick your "scare" level if they kept the spoopy style.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chugh43 said:

Why? It's technically an International Street attraction.

Considering that it's been home to both The Smurfs and Scooby Doo in the past, "It's a Re-theme, Charlie Brown" certainly isn't outside the realm of possibility. I would prefer Phantom's return, but admittedly, a ride that takes you through the iconic moments of The Peanuts would be a pretty cool addition, as well. 

• Like 3

Besides the location of the actual show building, is there an actual reason as to why the rides it has hosted have been marked as being a part of International Street? I think most people would consider the entrance to be within Planet Snoopy as its right across from Charlie Brown's Wind Up. Even the exit is on the path that is the gray area between the two areas.

16 minutes ago, nicescoot said:

Besides the location of the actual show building, is there an actual reason as to why the rides it has hosted have been marked as being a part of International Street? I think most people would consider the entrance to be within Planet Snoopy as its right across from Charlie Brown's Wind Up. Even the exit is on the path that is the gray area between the two areas.

There is.

When Hanna Barbera went the way of Geauga Lake from Kings Island, they still had Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle - which operated on a different license from the Sally Dark Ride Corporation.  The problem was, Scooby couldn't exist in the same "universe" as Nickelodeon, so the compromise they were able to come up with was to say that it was on I-Street.  That just hasn't really changed.

• Like 5

I've done my fair share of riding boo blasters and to me the blasters seem super hit or miss. My high score was around 2700 with a good working blaster and then there have been times where i've only gotten a couple hundred. I've come to find out that each blaster has its own way of aiming

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2019 at 5:16 PM, chugh43 said:

While I don't disagree, but it is an International Street attraction, so if it were to get a re-theme I don' think it's out of the realm of possibilities to be themed to something other than Peanuts.

Possible to be something not Peanuts sure.. But I think it's more likely to be turned into a Peanuts theme than all other possibilities combined. I'm kind of surprised by your skepticism, but maybe you're just playing devils advocate?

Either way the current attraction needs some sprucing up I think we can agree on that.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:50 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

There is.

When Hanna Barbera went the way of Geauga Lake from Kings Island, they still had Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle - which operated on a different license from the Sally Dark Ride Corporation.  The problem was, Scooby couldn't exist in the same "universe" as Nickelodeon, so the compromise they were able to come up with was to say that it was on I-Street.  That just hasn't really changed.

This exactly is part of the reason why I could see it going pack to Planet Snoopy area. Up until Scooby Doo the ride building was classified as part of the kids area. The Scooby Doo licensing and theming necessitated the change to International Street. The boat rides prior to Phantom were part of Hanna Barbara Land and even on the maps it shows Phantom Theater as being part of it too. So the theming of the ride not fitting the theme of Nickelodeon/Peanuts seems to be the only real reason it's an International Street attraction. They could easily change it to Peanuts and make it a new addition to the land. To me it makes sense as the entrance is in the land itself pretty much. This would also help to solidify again the park's hold on best kid's area. It has a strong line up as is with many great rides for both kids and families, multiple coasters, shows, petting zoo, and a log flume. Add a dark ride into the mix and no other regional park comes close to beating it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Number5IsAlive said:

Possible to be something not Peanuts sure.. But I think it's more likely to be turned into a Peanuts theme than all other possibilities combined. I'm kind of surprised by your skepticism, but maybe you're just playing devils advocate?

Either way the current attraction needs some sprucing up I think we can agree on that.

Not playing devils advocate....speaking reality....it is an "International Street" attraction per the park. 

It does need sprucing up, I'll agree.

I would love to see the return of PT because I am not a fan of the mass production of Boo Blasters that Cedar Fair has across the chain and PT was a unique experience and certainly memorable. Sadly, I think that the park is going to choose to stay with Boo Blasters because it is a more interactive experience. It goes without saying that KI is low on dark rides and themed rides entirely. AE has lost a lot of it's theming and most of the animatronics do not work anymore. FOF lost the launch theming and the immersion throughout the ride. Lastly, we lost Tomb Raider: The Ride! I would not be surprised if we see a new dark ride in the old Tomb Raider building in the next 5 years or so!

• Like 1