Maverick44

Phantom Therater......returns?

9 hours ago, jtro223 said:

Voyage to the Iron Reef and Plants Vs. Zombies were a let-down for me.  I never got to experience Phantom Theater, but it sounds wonderful.

I enjoyed Plants Vs Zombies, maybe because each time I did it, I won on my side :). It definitely isn't amazing, but it's not too bad. 

8 hours ago, Drummermattk said:

While i never really experienced Phantom Theater, i really do hope that KI (well CF) possibly invests some money into Boo Blasters. Yes it could receive a new design and style (while using the same layout and everything from its predecessors) or it could receive a refurbishment so that props work right, lazer guns work right and targets work right.

Don't quote me on this, but if i remember correctly I think Mike Koontz had mentioned something about boo blasters at last years Coasterstock during his Q&A? I cant remember off the top of my head on what was asked and everything though.

I can't remember, but that'd be a good question this year if they do a Q&A. 

I absolutely loved Phantom Theatre as a kid. It would bring back so many memories if they brought it back. I can still feel the heat coming from the hot coals. I think it would be very possible to being it back and improved. The bare bones are there, they just need to keep the maintenance up. 

If one of the purposes of having a "kids area" at an amusement park is to create lifelong customers, there hasn't been anything in that building that's gotten that job done in a long time.

21 minutes ago, KIfan73 said:

If one of the purposes of having a "kids area" at an amusement park is to create lifelong customers, there hasn't been anything in that building that's gotten that job done in a long time.

The job done for you or everyone? Cuz Phantom is a classic for a lot of people.

Phantom Theater was a great ride.  But I still remember riding the Smurf`s Enchanted Voyage when I was really young.  I remember being super mad that Kings Island decided to remove the ride and replace it with a "dumb" haunted house.  Funny that now I would love to have that "dumb" haunted house back.  

Is there any easy to stay informed on if KI ever has Q&A sessions live in the park? It's too bad KI doesn't do winter chillout. This would be my question haha " Why haven't you brought Phantom Theater back yet?" haha

My kids really like Boo Blasters, it is an appropriate level of scary for them, and they get to feel like they are helping people by blasting all the ghosts.

I'd like to see something new, I also think they could do good work making an Augmented Reality version of the ride, not full VR cause that is lame why sit in that tiny car just to watch a TV on your face. However setting up ride with the option of wearing a headset that adds to the ride would be nice. Heck they could even take it next level and let you pick your "scare" level if they kept the spoopy style.

1 hour ago, chugh43 said:

Why? It's technically an International Street attraction.

Considering that it's been home to both The Smurfs and Scooby Doo in the past, "It's a Re-theme, Charlie Brown" certainly isn't outside the realm of possibility. I would prefer Phantom's return, but admittedly, a ride that takes you through the iconic moments of The Peanuts would be a pretty cool addition, as well. 

Besides the location of the actual show building, is there an actual reason as to why the rides it has hosted have been marked as being a part of International Street? I think most people would consider the entrance to be within Planet Snoopy as its right across from Charlie Brown's Wind Up. Even the exit is on the path that is the gray area between the two areas.

16 minutes ago, nicescoot said:

Besides the location of the actual show building, is there an actual reason as to why the rides it has hosted have been marked as being a part of International Street? I think most people would consider the entrance to be within Planet Snoopy as its right across from Charlie Brown's Wind Up. Even the exit is on the path that is the gray area between the two areas.

There is.

When Hanna Barbera went the way of Geauga Lake from Kings Island, they still had Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle - which operated on a different license from the Sally Dark Ride Corporation.  The problem was, Scooby couldn't exist in the same "universe" as Nickelodeon, so the compromise they were able to come up with was to say that it was on I-Street.  That just hasn't really changed.