When do you think Kings Island will receive a Giga?

Klabergian Empire

When do you think Kings Island will receive a Giga?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2022 seems like a good year for a major park renovation. Bring back elements of the park from the grand opening in '72. Although it seems they are already doing this for 2019 there is still much they could do in the future. I don't think it is out of the question to see a Giga/ new coaster in 2020.

Regarding the commencement, has their ever been a commencement filed involving a major company (B&M in this case) that referred to anything other than an installation of a new coaster? For example has work ever been done during the off season on Diamondback or Banshee that would require similar documentation? 

My point being 1. It could potentially be related work on a current coaster or 2. Plans can change. 

I’m not feeling 2020. Not sure why, but I feel like we would have seen more prep work. 

8 minutes ago, beastfan11 said:

Regarding the commencement, has their ever been a commencement filed involving a major company (B&M in this case) that referred to anything other than an installation of a new coaster? For example has work ever been done during the off season on Diamondback or Banshee that would require similar documentation? 

My point being 1. It could potentially be related work on a current coaster or 2. Plans can change. 

I’m not feeling 2020. Not sure why, but I feel like we would have seen more prep work. 

Who's to say prep work hasn't already started? 

I'll have to find the my post about the notice of commencement.

30 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

Who's to say prep work hasn't already started? 

I'll have to find the my post about the notice of commencement.

We saw prep work at the end of the season before work had started on Diamondback during that specific off season (Did that make any sense?). I’d imangine with the project being presumably larger, we would have begun to see noticeable work begin at the end of last season if the ride is to open in 2020. Of course this could totally be the case and I/we just are not yet aware of it. 

1 hour ago, beastfan11 said:

A similar document was filled before Mystic Timbers that had Great Coasters International as a contractor.  Also the removal of Firehawk very well could have been the start of the construction process and is why we may have not seen prep work before seasons end.

2 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

^^ Or they could reuse it for the new B&M project. That queue line is not that old and is in quite good condition and could transform well into a queue for a new coaster. 

Couldn’t they theoretically convert it into a haunt maze? 

22 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

^^ Or they could reuse it for the new B&M project. That queue line is not that old and is in quite good condition and could transform well into a queue for a new coaster. 

I didn't say they wouldn't. They could and probably will doesn't mean 2020.

19 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

Couldn’t they theoretically convert it into a haunt maze? 

Yes they could. They make everything a haunt maze haha

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

It doesn't 100% mean 2020, but I think 2020 is still pretty likely because of the notice of commencement.

I guess we will wait and see! That's all we can do at the moment. The queue line could be gone now for all we know.

1 hour ago, beastfan11 said:

We saw prep work at the end of the season before work had started on Diamondback during that specific off season (Did that make any sense?). I’d imangine with the project being presumably larger, we would have begun to see noticeable work begin at the end of last season if the ride is to open in 2020. Of course this could totally be the case and I/we just are not yet aware of it. 

It's very possible the removal of a major coaster could in fact be the prep work.

I mean I think they mean footers and land clearing.  yes they removed a coaster that was draining the pocketbooks in maintenance cost. That doesn't mean anything reallt for an upcoming attraction. Do I think it is yes, still they got rid of FH because it was a POS imo haha. We would need more proof then just the removal.

• Like 1

If you use the area that I have circled, you wouldn't need to remove that many trees. Diamondback was built in an entire forest. I don't think they'll use the Dino's area. I personally see the Dino's area used for a forbidden frontier type of attraction or they could do a ropes course in the woods. Anyways, if they use this area, they wouldn't need to clear out that many trees. Probably just a few sections for footers.

2019-03-12_16.48.17.jpg

• Like 1

If you use the area that I have circled, you wouldn't need to remove that many trees. Diamondback was built in an entire forest. I don't think they'll use the Dino's area. I personally see the Dino's area used for a forbidden frontier type of attraction or they could do a ropes course in the woods. Anyways, if they use this area, they wouldn't need to clear out that many trees. Probably just a few sections for footers.

I think that is going in the wrong direction. Coasters are loud regardless of their design and materials. Why would you want to built it towards your new dorms? You are eliminating space that could be used to build a 2nd dorm building, if the demand is there.

I think the other way back through the trees towards the river makes more sense. 300’ is going to require a serious lift hill and that will need a bunch of space.

I think this is a better idea:
441f4fc135e0592b995b07099c4bb4f1.jpg
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, fyrfyter said:

I think that is going in the wrong direction. Coasters are loud regardless of their design and materials. Why would you want to built it towards your new dorms? You are eliminating space that could be used to build a 2nd dorm building, if the demand is there.

I think the other way back through the trees towards the river makes more sense. 300’ is going to require a serious lift hill and that will need a bunch of space.

I like this as well, only issue is the interference with the fireworks launch area. Guess it doesn't necessarily need to go that close though.

22 hours ago, fyrfyter said:

*throws the Construction site behind Banshee that is being construction*

• Confused 1