"America Screams" Documentary on Amusement Parks

I recently came across this gem from 1979. It's a TV documentary called "America Screams," which eventually made its way to VHS in 1990. It features construction footage for Colossus (Magic Mountain), as well as an interview with John Allen. Also, while his name is slipping me, someone from Arrow Dynamics appears, talking about mine coasters and it even shows their prototype for a suspended coaster. 

Rides that appear include: Rebel Yell and King Cobra (Kings Dominion), Gemini and Corkscrew (Cedar Point), Submarine Voyage (Disneyland), and our very own Screamin' Demon. There are a number of other rides shown, but these are the ones that stuck with me. 

The best part is it's hosted by none other than Vincent Price, who even narrates while riding coasters at times. At one point, he tells a story about how he visited Pacific Ocean Park on the last day of its operation. He talked the park into letting him have a final farewell ride on one of the coasters, after hours and all to himself. According to Price, he got stuck on the ride and they had to have him climb down with the waves clashing below him, which he called a wonderful experience. 

P.S. I apologize if there's already a topic on this. I ran a search, but it didn't come up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chugh43 said:

Awesome @Joshua! Where did you come across this? Was it on YouTube or somewhere online? If so, can you link it for myself and others to watch?

I run a website/social media page and was searching for content when I came across some photos of Vincent Price riding a coaster, which led me to discover its existence. 

I was able to track down a copy on You Tube to watch. I initially didn't post it, because I wasn't sure if it was okay to link it. It's sourced from the VHS, so naturally, it's like watching it while submerged under water. :P 

• Like 2