Future Cedar Fair Coaster Removals?

40 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I mean its just a rumor so we don't need to go into too much about that. I personally hope it never leaves!

35 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

If it's a rumor why bring it up at all then?

You specifically said we don't need to go into too much about that...and I asked for a friend, so why bring it up?

I mean to get into so much you are having to be like this maybe? Since when did we shun rumors or speculation? I have seen this come up many times from Coaster.net or In the Loop so some people have heard this as well. I do not understand what your issue is with this?  Other people on this site have heard about it as well. Thought it was well known rumor / speculation that didn't need a source because most enthusiasts have heard it.  But its whatev's man what ever you need to do. Im just here for the fun. 

Back on topic at hand. I think out of all the rides at Kings Island, Invertigo would be the next one to go. That would be the one I'd go to if I had to make the decision. Especially since Stinger is gone. Plus, I think that space along the parking lot is perfect for a ride like Hangtime.

For Cedar Point, I bet the next ride to go is Cedar Creek Mine Ride. The space it occupies fairly large. I don't see it happening anytime soon though. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I mean to get into so much you are having to be like this maybe? Since when did we shun rumors or speculation? I have seen this come up many times from Coaster.net or In the Loop so some people have heard this as well. I do not understand what your issue is with this?  Other people on this site have heard about it as well. Thought it was well known rumor / speculation that didn't need a source because most enthusiasts have heard it.  But its whatev's man what ever you need to do. Im just here for the fun. 

Dude....you aren't understanding at all.....you need to provide a source "IF" you heard something....that's part of the TOS...people on this site have heard about I-Street as well before it was posted here, but it still needed to have a source per the TOS. 

No where did I say don't talk about rumors or speculation...all I asked for was a source to your friggin claim 

Back seat is amazing but I hear IF they do remove it its being sent to another park not scrapped.

I don't care if you implied that it's a rumor or not, you specifically stated that it'll be sent to another park and not scrapped implying you knew something....I don't even care about the content of the rumor...I care about people following the TOS. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JubJester said:

I think out of all the rides at Kings Island, Invertigo would be the next one to go.

With what's been happening to the other Vekomas in the chain I agree. Boomerang at KBF could have been relocated or sold but instead it was scrapped, same with Stinger and FH. I'm sure we'll get a few more years out of Invertigo until its ridership drops or maintenance costs go up enough to justify a removal. After that, I don't think we'll see another coaster removed for a while. For years I thought BLSC would be removed but now I'm leaning more towards a retheme.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

Just wondering, what kind of theme change could you see happening? 

I always wondered if BLSC lost all of it's theming, would people still ride it?

They could do a couple things. The first thing they could do is just update the current themeing and add some new effects. If they went with a completely new theme, maybe they could extend Rivertown's themeing to BLSC. Backlot really isn't a part of Coney Mall or Rivertown, so giving a theme area would be nice. Probably will cost more than idea 1, but I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem. 

In terms of having no theme, I'm sure people would ride it but not nearly as much.

• Like 2

In my world...If BLSC has to stay where it's at...a full retheme would involve somehow tying it into Rivertown with a mythical theme that is loosely connected with The Beast, D-back and Mystic Timbers.  It would also be heavily relandscaped and softened.  Maybe some flats up where Salt Water Circus was and gardens that would evoke the granduer of Les Taxis/OOAL.  

If not a retheme, soften the area up by planting trees, shrubs and flowers.  Maybe tie in the area closest to the ET to IS.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jtro223 said:

If not a retheme, soften the area up by planting trees, shrubs and flowers.  Maybe tie in the area closest to the ET to IS.

They have a lot of trees between it and Vortex, which would be great for a Rivertown theme, but either way they do need trees on the other side. It's just blank between the Eiffel Tower and BLSC. Totally agree.

I originally thought the antique cars could use that blank space and have a bridge going over the walkway. Since that's out of the equation. Maybe a former flat ride and heavy amount of trees.

• Like 1

While my list includes more than just coasters, I left this comment on an Amusement Indsider's video that was about future ride removals:

Rides I think could leave parks based on the past "trends":
  • Crypt - Kings Dominion (only top spin left in chain)
  • Gran Prix Raceway - Kings Dominion (go karts)
  • Scream Weaver - Carowinds (Enterprise)
  • Sledge Hammer - Canada's Wonderland (HUSS Jumper)
  • Enterprise - Dorney (Enterprise)

Still in Question:
  • Invertigo - Kings Island (Note both lifts received work around 2015 and the ride has become very reliable since that work was done)
  • Montezuma's Revenge - Knott's Berry Farm
  • Nighthawk - Carowinds
  • Boomerangs

Honestly, it all depends on what parts are like price wise to obtain. Arrow still operates very little with S&S so I wouldn't see any Arrow's leaving unless they are just old (e.x. corkscrew models).
Crypt could be gone as it is the last one in the chain, Go kart tracks could be removed for newer attractions, with the recent removal of 1 HUSS Enterprise and 1 HUSS Skylab i wouldn't be surprised if others where gone soon (looks like I need to ride Carowinds on opening weekend). As for the the rest that i mentioned it really still does come down to reliability, cost and ridership. It will be interesting in the next 1-3 years as to what is coming to parks and what is leaving.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not quite seeing why Cedar Fair would want to systemically rid themselves of coasters/rides from a certain manufacturer, especially when said manufacturer is still fully in business and selling replacement parts.

I believe Invertigo, Michigan's Thunderhawk, CW's Flight Deck, Bat etc., as with any other ride, will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

They will be will removed if their operating cost to rider ratio rises too high or face existential mechanical issues. Remember, the last thing a park wants to do is remove a ride, so there'd need be to a reason much more compelling than this "no more Vekoma" initiative that some think Cedar Fair is pushing. 

• Like 4