Does Kings Island need a giga?

Number5IsAlive

20 hours ago, p0rtal_guy said:

I believe the park should get some smaller things first. **chough**bathrooms in X-Base**cough**

Once the park builds a giga most anything built afterwards would be smaller things.  Personally living nearly equal distance to Kings Island and Carowinds,  the latter especially now with Copperhead Strike is becoming the more appealing park.  Still love Kings Island though especially during late night private events.

I don't think Kings Island "needs" a Giga Coaster to succeed and it's more of a "want" than anything. I think to fill the gaps in KI's ride lineup like a new modern launch coaster like Copperhead Strike or Blue Fire is far more important than getting a Giga. In Park Experience upgrades like special events and food are far more important in my opinion right now rather than a new roller coaster right now, and I think there will be more bang for the buck there from a business standpoint too. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rhyano said:

I think to fill the gaps in KI's ride lineup like a new modern launch coaster like Copperhead Strike or Blue Fire is far more important than getting a Giga. 

100% agree with this. BLSC and FoF are good, but I can definitely see where a Mack multi-launch would fit in very well with our lineup- especially one that uses the terrain to its advantage. 

• Like 1

Ki needs a giga desperately in my opinion. I know that the park already does extremely well, but a giga would easily make Ki a destination park. We have an excellent lineup, but we are lacking a coaster that people would travel far for. A giga perfectly fits that category and it also gives the park the perfect opportunity to remodel the whole area surrounding the giga. (x-base)

I am not sure if you can say KI would be a destination park just by adding a giga.  IOM they would need in park hotels / camping options. I think if they added those and maybe another bigger flat right or 2. I could also see the need for another dark ride and an updated Boo Blasters. I think the biggest thing would be an in park hotel or 2 would help out. Not just a giga. That's imo though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bjcolglazier said:

I would argue that briefly, at the time, yes it did. Kings Island has a way better rep than KD anyways, so not exactly an apples-apples comparison if KI were to put one in. 

I can kinda see that "at the time." But you'd think a ride that would make a park qualify as a destination park, that it would spar many return visits. Which at the same time, that park needs growth as well.

2 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

I can kinda see that "at the time." But you'd think a ride that would make a park qualify as a destination park, that it would spar many return visits. Which at the same time, that park needs growth as well.

I just remember seeing Intimidator on Travel Channel back in the day. It was the Dale Earnhart ride, it was huge, it was getting lots of press. But that was a crowded time for Giga's, and so I think it was probably a "destination" for some, but not everybody. I still think if KI built a record-breaker it would turn a lot of heads. KI is very well-known, and its proximity to Cedar Park only enhances its "destination" status, I think.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

I just remember seeing Intimidator on Travel Channel back in the day. It was the Dale Earnhart ride, it was huge, it was getting lots of press. But that was a crowded time for Giga's, and so I think it was probably a "destination" for some, but not everybody. I still think if KI built a record-breaker it would turn a lot of heads. KI is very well-known, and its proximity to Cedar Park only enhances its "destination" status, I think.

I don't disagree with you! 

• Like 1

Sorry I was thinking real destination parks like Disney and Universal. I think if KI gets a giga it will be a destination park for enthusiasts like ourselves but maybe not family's with little ones. Idk maybe I am wrong. I just think of a destination having different options to stay in the park at their own hotels and so on.

• Like 2