Best Decade for KI?

SonofBaconator

Best Decade  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was born in the late 90s so I grew up in the early 2000s Paramount Era. Which decade do you think was the best decade for the park?

Personally I think the 2010s is the best era for the park because of the additions like Banshee, Mystic Timbers, and the return of old favorites like the gliders, Winterfest, Bat, and the Antique Autos

• Like 1

I was also born in the late 90’s, so I would say the best decade was the 2010’s (if I could squeeze Diamondback in there I would). But growing up, I would always love going to Hanna-Barbara Land and Nickelodeon Universe. I feel like that was the only downside of this past decade.

In another viewpoint, I’d also say the 2000 era, especially if Son of Beast had of been successful. I mean Son of Beast, Tomb Raider, Delirium, Italian Job, Firehawk (although relocated), and Diamondback. That was a pretty stacked decade.

But my views are skewed because I’ve only been around for about half of Kings Island’s existence. I’m sure the late 70’s to 90’s were pretty great too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I chose the 80's because that was the KI of my youth.  I went from being a child to an obnoxious teenager to a misguided young man during those years.  I rode my first roller coaster, The Beastie, in 1980.  I was scared to death, but by the end of the day, I had ridden The Racer and The Beast.  I remember riding Vortex during its initial year.  I remember all the rumors swirling around school about Mr. Jon Harter on grad night in '83.  I remember the "oom-pah" music on IS, the meeting at the ET at certain times of the day, parking in Scooby Doo Row 3.  I remember the time our tram stopped in the safari and a bison rammed into the side.  I remember the paw prints that lead to The Beast and the iron fist that lead to Vortex.  I remember Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal.  I remember Enchanted Voyage and the Smurfs.  This is my nostalgia.

For KI, I definitely think the 10's have been great.  I think the park has a great future.  It is the decade that I became obsessed first with roller coasters, and now parks and their stories.  But I couldn't vote twice.  ;)

• Like 1

I voted for the 10s.  I feel the strides that the park has made this decade adding Banshee and Mystic, two great additions to the park, along with correcting some of the late era-Paramount blunders with bringing back the Eagles and Antiques.  They have also improved the landscaping and added solid food options.  I was young in the 80s but I have great memories of going to the park some and remember Vortex's early years.  The 90s was when I first started riding the big coasters so it also holds a special place but the 10s has the best decade overall.

• 1 year later...