What's your opinion about Haunt's scarezone Toxic Wasteland?

Joe Wastelander

I wanna hear opinions about my scare zone Toxic Wasteland from Haunt 2018. To be honest myself working there, it could be better. I'm saying that because I've been sent to many haunted houses during the entire event and it seems more organized and resulted in more fears than Wasteland. I've also seen other scare zones like Pumpkin Eater and it seems more successful than Wasteland

To be completely honest, I didn't like it at all. It felt like a waste. The theme was good...but felt the small area didn't do it justice. Also wasn't a big fan of the type of scares...what I observed was more of a prop/sound scare than jump scares. It almost felt like an afterthought. It also seemed to be rarely staffed, not sure how many scareactors there were but it felt like maybe 1 or 2. 

• Like 1

For what it was I thought it was ok, decoration wise I thought it was a bit repetitive...but I still had a good time when I went through it. There were a couple of scareactors who were very personable when I went through.

I think every haunt has something redeeming if you look around. On a side note, it must be agony for anyone who puts their heart and soul into doing their best, only to be stuck with people who are just there to collect a paycheck...it must seem like a no win situation.

• Like 2

I think it was to small of an area. If you remember when they had announced Wasteland we all thought it would of been in front of Mystic Timbers. Which I think would be a better location. 

If they add more props, and more staff it will be great. The dorms, I'm sure, will help that. They were usually spread out. When it's really foggy it's even better. 

Like @chad_1138 said, I liked Nightmare Alley better. Wouldn't suprise me if they get rid of it and add something else.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, JubJester said:

I think it was to small of an area. If you remember when they had announced Wasteland we all thought it would of been in front of Mystic Timbers. Which I think would be a better location. 

If they add more props, and more staff it will be great. The dorms, I'm sure, will help that. They were usually spread out. When it's really foggy it's even better. 

Like @chad_1138 said, I liked Nightmare Alley better. Wouldn't suprise me if they get rid of it and add something else.

I can definitely agree with that

• Like 1

From what I've seen and heard about Wasteland, it's not all that great. The houses and other scare zones seem to be much scarier. Wasteland feels like it could be so much more than it currently is. One improvement I can think of would be to add some animated props.

• Like 1

In my opinion it has a lot of potential, but as of now it could use some work. First, decorations, It could sure use some more props. All that is there so far are movable walls that weave victims in and out. It sounds good on paper but I usually always see an actor a good 5 seconds before he/she has a chance to scare me so that rules out many pop scares. It also is very well lit with yellow lights, so it's easy to pinpoint where actors are and aren't. I think if Kings Island adds some decorations in the trees (like nightmare ally) and add a couple toxic barrels here and there in the scare zone would add to the immersion. Plus, adding barrels would give the scare actors a lot more creative freedom to the actors and that will bring in many more scares just walking around with a prop or sometimes nothing. However, I will say those "clown blasters" and some of the actors sprayed a little water was really scary and I haven't seen it anywhere else in the park, so that's a plus! I don't want to judge the lack of actors too harshly because I thought that year many houses were pretty understaffed.

But overall, I would add some ground props for actors to get creative with scares and I think that would really improve the scare zone!

• Like 1