The BIGGEST question in my mind when I look at that crypt building.

Cedar Fair Fanboy

Vekoma Madhouse coming to Kings Island Crypt building?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 hours ago, rhyano said:

It's been a long time since Vekoma has built a Mad House, I can't see it. (Vekoma now lists where all they are on their website: https://www.vekoma.com/mad-house)

Well can I back it up and say LegoLand in the UK is going to add it.

19 hours ago, silver2005 said:

I'd like to see Sally or someone do something with Boo Blasters before anything is done with the Crypt building if we're talking dark rides. 

A Vekoma Madhouse "IS" a dark ride and will be fitting in with Kings Island style of really wired rides since the opening day.

The Crypt building is used for a very popular haunt maze. I doubt they would remove it for something as high maintenance as a madhouse. Seeing as they just removed a totally separate maintenance nightmare by Vekoma...

• Like 2

22 hours ago, scoriell said:

The Crypt building is used for a very popular haunt maze. I doubt they would remove it for something as high maintenance as a madhouse. Seeing as they just removed a totally separate maintenance nightmare by Vekoma...

Sorry but... Vekoma Madhouses are more advance and none maintenance nightmare. And also, Vekoma is getting better and better when times goes on.

And to make it fit without removing it, is too strip the walls down and put it in and build it back up. BINGO!

• Haha 2

Think it could be fun and add something new to the area. KI really needs some more good flat rides, whether family of thrill. Think a Madhouse could be a decent fit for that location. Whatever goes in I would like to see have a mining theme to some type. Then they could keep the queue line pretty much as it, just re-theme the exterior of the opening. This would fit in well with the theming for the area too. Would still prefer a Screamin' Swing (which could get rid of the large unsightly building then too.) but could put that in a new X-Base as well. Could see a Madhouse themed to a lift to go down the shaft or something in a mine and fit in well there.

8 hours ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

Houdini at great adventure reopen in 2011.

And they fix the ride, and now Houdini's Great Escape is still operating at Great Adventure.

(go check it out some time)

I have...I just couldn't remember the years. 

It does seem like it had a significant amount of downtime....so I wouldn't say it's exactly free of maintenance nightmares.

So Their is more about that.

I draw the layout of the Crypt building and made it so what will it look like.

TempleoftheLost.png

Each shows will be about 4 min. Their will have 2 group of 78 people inside the building. 1st group goes in and the 2nd group will go in once the 1st goes in the main show (madhouse part).

That's makes the total ride time with safety checks is about 21/23 min. Is like a show at Kings Island, but as a attraction.

How do you like that idea.

• Like 1

The slight decline of Vekoma has lead me to speculate that, if we do get a new ride, it will most likely not be made by Vekoma. I back this up with how they literally just tore down Firehawk. Also, there are only 6 existing, and are in other countries, according to Vekoma's Website.

While I would be surprised if a madhouse made an appearance at Kings Island, Vekoma seems to be making quite a come back.  They were recently purchased by S&S and have some pretty exciting looking new coaster projects going on in Europe and Asia as well as new trains.  It looks like they are a very different company now than they were when Invertigo, Firehawk and Flying Ace Aerial Chase were installed.

Lech in Poland looks pretty awesome don't you think?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheBeast54 said:

The slight decline of Vekoma has lead me to speculate that, if we do get a new ride, it will most likely not be made by Vekoma. I back this up with how they literally just tore down Firehawk. Also, there are only 6 existing, and are in other countries, according to Vekoma's Website.

Which is weird since I've been on the one in Six Flags Great Adventure and there is supposed to be one in Six Flags New England as well.

• Like 1