New Restaurant - Miami River Brewhouse (Replaces Reds)

Fye Coasters

I think this is s much better use of this space. The reds thing had no relation thematically to the area at all. Now I think the reds idea could definitely live over to coney. Maybe retheme the leftover happy days jukebox diner or even new build someplace over there. Baseball and burgers make more sense on the midway. No if they could just get LaRosas out of river town (maybe fried chicken? -even chick fil a) we’d be getting g a better food-theme fit. 

• Like 3

This is exciting! That location is always my favorite place to eat at Kings Island; it's air-conditioned, and the food is always pretty decent. I don't know that it will ever be as good as it was when it was a BBQ chicken place (I think even before it was Wings), but this sounds really promising. The menu sounds fun, and I love that there will be a place to go get some local brews (because after a few hours with the kids, I usually need a drink, lol). I love the new BBQ place in Coney Mall, and this sounds like another interesting addition. I feel like between this, the IS renovations and the re-installation of the Antiques, Kings Island is going all in on honoring the park's unique identity. I've always loved KI; I feel like we're seeing a shift to make it even more special. 

• Like 5

As a Reds fan, this bums me out.  Yeah the food service stinks and probably still will.  This seems so trendy to me, I get it.  Brew Houses, micro beer, blahblah. 

The Reds HOF was a great place to have a rest, check out the Reds game, grab an unoccupied table in the AC and re-set.  Now I can vision it as a hipster version of Applebees.  I hope I'm wrong. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I like this idea! The reds thing didn't really fit the rivertown thing imo. I wonder if maybe they could build a new Reds HOF Grille somewhere else in the park in the future. Like maybe do a whole reds themed area like what Kennywood is doing with the Steelers thing with Steel Curtain. 

I’ll miss the Reds theme and the memorabilia was awesome, but I can bet there are three solid reasons why it’s going:

1. They didn’t have the license forever.

2. The display cases and stuff cut into the seating in an age where throughput is king.

3. New menu, new look, new you. The beer garden theme is really popular now and if the menu is going to be essentially 100% revamped they might as well promote it as a totally new experience.

• Like 5

Just received the press release. 

A new restaurant will open at Kings Island for the 2019 season, which begins April 20. Building on the themed Rivertown area of the park, Miami River Brewhouse will be located directly across from the park’s newest coaster, Mystic Timbers.

The menu, personally crafted by Kings Island’s Executive Chef, James Major, will feature taps from the finest local breweries as well as appetizers, salads, gourmet sandwiches and premium burgers. Selections will include:

• Pull Apart Bread – cheddar, garlic butter, scallions with beer mustard and Sri-Rancha (appetizer)
  • That’s One Big Pretzel – Bavarian twist with bacon jam and beer cheese (appetizer)
  • Texas Bahn Mi – smoked beef, cucumber, carrot, cilantro with Sri-Mayo served on French bread
  • London’s Bridge – fried cod, cheese, tartar sauce served with super slaw
  • Big Bacon Burger – a double patty burger with Havarti cheese, candied onion, bacon jam and sliced bacon
  • Impossible Burger – vegan burger with herb mustard, cucumber, lettuce, tomato and onion

“In 2018 we opened Coney Bar B Que, featuring ribs, pulled pork, rotisserie chicken and other barbecue favorites,” said James Major. “This season, with the addition of Miami River Brewhouse, we’re continuing to build on a dining experience that guests will talk about long after their visit to Kings Island.”

Miami River Brewhouse will be included in the park’s dining plans.

A Busy Offseason for Kings Island

Kings Island’s construction crews have been busy in the offseason. In addition to the new Miami River Brewhouse, when the park opens on April 20 guests will experience a remagined International Street, as well as the brand new Kings Mills Antique Autos and celebrate the fortieth anniversary of The Beast wooden roller coaster.

In February, the park announced the construction of One Team Village, a new associate village with dormitories opening in May.

brewhouse logo final_preview.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, YOULLBEBACK said:

As a Reds fan, this bums me out.  Yeah the food service stinks and probably still will.  This seems so trendy to me, I get it.  Brew Houses, micro beer, blahblah. 

The Reds HOF was a great place to have a rest, check out the Reds game, grab an unoccupied table in the AC and re-set.  Now I can vision it as a hipster version of Applebees.  I hope I'm wrong. 

If any of the food in the park was half as good as Applebees, they'd be in a good spot.  And I hate Applebees.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

I would say that removing the Reds HoF Grille for this new eatery actually enhances the theme of Rivertown.

I`m kind of disappointed that Reds HoF grille is leaving though.  

I never understood why Reds was in Rivertown; it never really fit the theme, whereas this looks like it could be more in line with it (at least the logo looks kind of country-ish). 

I'm from Detroit, so the Reds didn't mean much to me (aside from the plaque for Sparky Anderson) but I always liked going there, and the food was decent. I feel like it would be an ideal concept to try and port to Coney Mall, Action Zone, or International Street -- heck, maybe re-open the International Restaurant as Reds. 

• Like 3

I feel like they placed Reds in Rivertown because of the physical location of "Great American Ball Park" next to a river, "Rivertown." 

I saw someone out there say they didn't understand why the new restaurant was named Miami River Brewery as the Miami River is 10 miles away from the park....doubtful they'd call it "Little Miami River Brewery." Doesn't have the same kind of ring to it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

I feel like they placed Reds in Rivertown because of the physical location of "Great American Ball Park" next to a river, "Rivertown." 

I feel like they did it because the existing structure offered up the best space to be converted in to a sit-down experience and since it was being underutilized. I don't think the theme played in to it at all. 

• Like 5

Just now, Gordon Bombay said:

I feel like they did it because the existing structure offered up the best space to be converted in to a sit-down experience and since it was being underutilized. I don't think the theme played in to it at all. 

I mean it could be both things. It was marketed as guests being able to experience the rich history of the Reds, which would include the waterfront.