New Restaurant - Miami River Brewhouse (Replaces Reds)

Fye Coasters

I vaguely remember the feel of Rivertown before Diamondback. I'm hoping with this restaurant's transformation and hopefully some more landscaping (this year or down the line) that we'll have that kind of feel again. 

I honestly long for a place in the park to have a relaxing walk...while being able to ride rides, like the feel of Frontier Trail at Cedar Point. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, teenageninja said:

The bar will stay, but I don't think there are any laws that prevent them from sitting at the bar in Ohio.

Highly unlikely that they will offer a sit down experience.  

Not sure of any legal reasons, but the bar tenders were adamant about checking ID's and having any patrons under 21 not sit at the bar itself. However, they could sit at the tables within the bar area. 

• Like 1

Not sure of any legal reasons, but the bar tenders were adamant about checking ID's and having any patrons under 21 not sit at the bar itself. However, they could sit at the tables within the bar area. 

They don’t want to deal with the fallout potential of serving alcohol to someone underage. That’s why. Every establishment is allowed to set its own rules.
  • Like 2

On 3/15/2019 at 12:22 PM, chugh43 said:

I vaguely remember the feel of Rivertown before Diamondback. I'm hoping with this restaurant's transformation and hopefully some more landscaping (this year or down the line) that we'll have that kind of feel again. 

I honestly long for a place in the park to have a relaxing walk...while being able to ride rides, like the feel of Frontier Trail at Cedar Point. 

Rivertown will not have a great feeling as long as that hideous warehouse that was tomb raider is standing 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, super7 said:

Rivertown will not have a great feeling as long as that hideous warehouse that was tomb raider is standing 

To be completely honest, seeing it doesn't even phase me...it's one of those unless my view is specifically moved toward it, I pay it no mind.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, super7 said:

I really wish they'd relocate Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror somewhere else like they did with Slaughterhouse in 2014, then they could tear down the tomb raider building.

I actually hadn’t really noticed it at all my first couple seasons back to the park (2014 & 15). It was the constant harping on it by a small subsection of commenters on KIC that caused me to actually look for/at it. 

I don’t get why it is somehow more deserving of ire than any of the buildings alongside Racer (and the big one at the turnaround), the offices at the end of Woodstock Express, or the greenhouses alongside Bat.  

Is it because it was once a ride that people think it should either be constantly accessible or in use?  I mean to ask, was there this much anger about the building when TR:TR was in it? Or is it simply not being allowed inside that is so upsetting?

• Like 3

It’s a huge building that takes up tons of space (and offers tons of storage space for the park, and room for a maze during one of their most popular yearly events) that was not cheap to build nor would it be cheap to replace it with some other maze and/or storage building. Why the big desire to completely ditch that investment and remaining usefulness by tearing it down?

• Like 2

The ire is because it’s a frontier-ish themed section and metal warehouses did not exist in those days.   Parsmount didn’t even bother to disguise it other than some bamboo in front.   Neither did 60s pick up trucks but at least Timbers station matches the overall area theme.   

• Like 1

And for some reason, nobody seems to be complaining about the /other/ giant sheet metal building in the area, even though that one is directly next to the lift hill, station, and brake run of KI’s historically secluded roller coaster.

In fact, I believe someone actually suggested it would be better to build another one like it to house Madame Fatale’s. 

The point is that amusement parks are by their nature a place to suspend your disbelief: they are never going to be a 100% representation (except, possibly at Disney World level and Disney World prices). There is just no good reason to raze a serviceable building because it “sticks out.” Either it makes financial sense to the park to put something else there, or it doesn’t. It probably eventually will but as long as it doesn’t, at least in the meantime the park is getting some use out of the financial investment in the building. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Magenta Lizard said:

And for some reason, nobody seems to be complaining about the /other/ giant sheet metal building in the area, even though that one is directly next to the lift hill, station, and brake run of KI’s historically secluded roller coaster.

In fact, I believe someone actually suggested it would be better to build another one like it to house Madame Fatale’s. 

The point is that amusement parks are by their nature a place to suspend your disbelief: they are never going to be a 100% representation (except, possibly at Disney World level and Disney World prices). There is just no good reason to raze a serviceable building because it “sticks out.” Either it makes financial sense to the park to put something else there, or it doesn’t. It probably eventually will but as long as it doesn’t, at least in the meantime the park is getting some use out of the financial investment in the building. 

I think that the main issue (to me at least) is that there is a giant, very visible, vacant building right on the main midway. That is "bad show" as they would say at Disney. I have the same feelings toward the KillMart building as well. The reason no one really has a problem with Slaughterhouse or Blackout is because they are off the beaten path enough IMO. Guests understand that those buildings are used for mazes--they have signage on them. If you knew nothing about Kings Island and visited the park for the first time, what would your thoughts be of the park if you saw two large abandoned buildings? 

• Like 1

The building's Rivertown placement never bothers me, because I feel like it's in that transition area from Rivertown to Coney. What bothers me is seeing it on the skyline. 

That said, I don't know that the building bothers me as much as the old Crypt entrance, just sitting there dormant. The building could get lost in the background; the queue entrance to nowhere is distracting. 

My opinion:  I wish the building that housed The Crypt would either be removed or modified so it wasn't so much of a sore thumb.  FOF also sticks out, but it is being used most of the year now.  In a strange way, each balance the park out.  

The park is making wise decisions about renovations and restoration which I am quite excited about.  As they do this, and right some of the Paramount/Viacom/CBS woes, the park gets better and better, but things like the former The Crypt building will stand out more.  If they keep making wise decisions, I am sure it will be addressed in the future, but if not, I'll enjoy the park and all it offers.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

I think many are over analyzing what the casual KI attendees see/think. I doubt the thought really crosses their mind, if it does it's more of a "oh, man I miss Tomb Raider/The Crypt."

I agree. I feel that most people would see it and think it’s just a storage building or something of similar use.

Everyone needs to remember that there should be a very good reason to remove something of that size. If it was falling apart and unsafe, sure. It is a safe and functional building and there would be no need to remove it because it is visually unappealing. It shouldn’t have been put there to begin with but it was and it shall remain. 

• Thanks 1

No one is saying it doesn't make financial sense to utilize the building for Haunt nor is anyone saying its current state bothers the GP. Some of us would just rather that land be used for something else. That's all. I mean this respectfully, but must we control and frame every opinion against what the park wants? 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Creed Bratton said:

I think many are over analyzing what the casual KI attendees see/think. I doubt the thought really crosses their mind, if it does it's more of a "oh, man I miss Tomb Raider/The Crypt."

I think your point is valid, but I'm going to fix one thing:

"oh, man I miss Tomb Raider/The Crypt."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2