New Restaurant - Miami River Brewhouse (Replaces Reds)

Fye Coasters

2 hours ago, chugh43 said:

I feel like they placed Reds in Rivertown because of the physical location of "Great American Ball Park" next to a river, "Rivertown." 

I saw someone out there say they didn't understand why the new restaurant was named Miami River Brewery as the Miami River is 10 miles away from the park....doubtful they'd call it "Little Miami River Brewery." Doesn't have the same kind of ring to it.

They had the idea of the Reds theme, and they had one one building (sans IR) that was equipped for full service.  It's fun to think that there was more thought put into it but I highly doubt it.

42 minutes ago, Drummermattk said:

the real question is, what are they doing with the reds memorabilia.......................id love to buy an item or two:D

Most of that stuff was on loan from the Reds or private collectors.  I imagine it'll go back to them.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, AnyPancakes said:

I forgot to add I welcome the craft beer.  It’s a favorite hobby of mine and something that seemed to be severely lacking at KI. 

..and Rivertown, given Cincinnati brewing history,  is the perfect place for it.

Second place would be for Oktoberfest to franchise a Hofbrauhaus!

• Like 1

So I think the coolest thing about this is that it kind of shows the direction they are going.  Chef Major said he wanted to create dining as an experience at KI.  The food service needs work, but at least on the implementation end this is a really cool thing to see come to fruition.  Imagine if they were offering cod in 2008.  

Exciting things are on the horizon. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

So I think the coolest thing about this is that it kind of shows the direction they are going.  Chef Major said he wanted to create dining as an experience at KI.  The food service needs work, but at least on the implementation end this is a really cool thing to see come to fruition.  Imagine if they were offering cod in 2008.  

Exciting things are on the horizon. 

Exactly. The direction they are going is great. If the service comes around to meet everyones expectations it would enhance the park a lot.

Also will save the headache of reading some people's constant negativity on here. Which is the real reason I want the service to be better. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gordon Bombay said:

I feel like they did it because the existing structure offered up the best space to be converted in to a sit-down experience and since it was being underutilized. I don't think the theme played in to it at all. 

Bingo. Big building, no thought. Former Kings Island at its best! 

I enjoyed the reds HOF grill when it first opened but it became less interesting over time.  Sports bars have given way to breweries so this is a good direction.  the ROHF grill predates both Chef Nate and Chef Major so its good to see them take "ownership" of the space.  I expect the quality to improve as a result.  I spend a lot of my free time at the local breweries and they are surprisingly family oriented and it is common to see kids in them.  I never would have thought to take my kids to a brewhouse, but millennials think differently.  Kid friendly is a requirement for Kings Island so there is definitely a pattern to follow to make it work.  

• Like 1

Dang. This seems really soon to be taking this out. When working at the park, I can’t tell you how many people asked for that buffet place, only for me to tell them it’s been replaced with Reds. Guests are still getting use to it being RHoFG and now they’re changing it again.

Correct me if I’m wrong, wasn’t this opened in 2014 to replace Rivertown Junction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have to say I’m kind of glad Reds is going out. It’s not that I didn’t like Reds, because their chicken tenders and Saratoga chips basket was really good. I just think there are already a lot of places in the park to get food like chicken tenders and burgers so it will be nice to have more of a variety in food selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

CF chainwide is investing heavily their in sit down food options this season.  The new Brewhouse at KI will be a great addition to Rivertown (and the beer brews likely will bring in more profits for the park).  Other chainwide improvements include the CP Midway Buffet being remodeled to Hugo’s Italian Kitchen while at Carowinds Wings has been remodeled/expanded to become Blue Ridge Country Kitchen.

• Like 2

I've never been much of a sports fan. So this sounds more up my alley. Although they're not local, it'd be cool if they offered Not Your Father's, if not something similar. The menu sounds great!

EDIT: I love how the background of the logo looks like an inflatable raft, like an homage to WWC. 

• Like 2

Kind of hoping that they keep all of the TV's in the restaurant though. and does anyone know if the restuarunt will be full service like Reds used to be? or will it be like the way it currently is: pay at counter > guests sit at a table> food is delivered to them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Drummermattk said:

Kind of hoping that they keep all of the TV's in the restaurant though. and does anyone know if the restuarunt will be full service like Reds used to be? or will it be like the way it currently is: pay at counter > guests sit at a table> food is delivered to them.

Hard to predict.

The reason why the Reds was switched from full service to pay at the counter was because they had a lot of trouble finding servers to work there. Now they have employee dorms sooooo maybe.

• Like 2

Always happy to see more good beer. Craft beer may be trendy, but it is a good trend. Food sounds amazing but I see (taste) better than I hear. Glad that they are keeping it a sit down bat area. Hopefully they will still have the Reds games on at least.

• Like 1

If we could get a retheme of the Log Flume to go with Mystic Timbers and Miami River Brewing, that would be amazing.

Charlie Brown and the Little Miami River Run!

That would be the Miami Lumber Company, Miami River Brewhouse, Little Miami Scenic Railroad, The Beast (who we all know is a non-fictional creature living around Peter's Catridge), and that Funnel Cake place who's name I can't remember.

But yeah, I agree with most of you guys. Reds Hall of Fame did seem out of place, I stopped going once they got rid of the spicy garlic wing sauce, it was the only thing that saved that place from just being a unnecessarily large and comically slow pub. On hot days people would eat there just to get out of the heat, but the majority of times I walked back, half the place wasn't even open. They need to split the place down the middle and offer up two different styles.

I am most excited to see the Pretzel, but since it is marked appetizer I am curious if it will also land on the meal plan

• Like 1

4 hours ago, txdrummer said:

As it is a brewhouse, I expect the bar to stay. I also expect to be able to walk right in to the bar (bonus that children can't sit at the bar), order a brew and have access to the full menu. Otherwise, meh.

The bar will stay, but I don't think there are any laws that prevent them from sitting at the bar in Ohio.

Highly unlikely that they will offer a sit down experience.  

I'm very excited for this change. To me the RHoF Grill stuck out in a bad way where it was. And especially after the addition of Mystic Timbers it looked really bad to me. It was surrounded by nice Rivertown theming that it didn't belong to at all. This change will help improve that area greatly for me. RFYLCB even gives a nice transition from Planet Snoopy to Rivertown with it being a bit of a combination of the two.

• Like 1