2019 KI map officially released

BoddaH1994

15 hours ago, chugh43 said:

When this project was announced, it was announce that there will be day time and night time shows. 

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2019/january/international-street-and-royal-fountain-to-get-major-offseason-renovation

1 hour ago, starlitfire said:

So if the new fountains on I-Street turn out to be show fountains, does anyone have any idea if they'll do shows hourly (similar to what happens at The Island in Pigeon Forge) or if it would just correspond with the fireworks show? My guess is more likely the fireworks show, but I'd love to see mini shows happen hourly.

We know there will be day time and night time set of shows. 

• Like 1

I do not think that the pedestals were out dated.  If true that they are going, I will be a little disappointed.  They added a sense of elegance and grandeur to the fountains that I thought was lacking at both Kings Dominion and Canda`s Wonderland`s fountains.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Imperial79 said:

The fountains at KD and CW look kind of boring to me, nothing to give it character.  The pedestals do that at the KI fountains, and makes you feel like you at KI,  fits perfectly for the theme of International Street. 

I’m okay with the pedestals going but I wouldn’t be thrilled if they painted the bottom black like KD’s. I think it looks kind of gross.

• Like 4

On 3/15/2019 at 7:07 PM, KIghostguy said:

It was like a little stand selling corn on the cob and turkey legs(?) IIRC.

That was on the other side of the building. (Where the other set of chairs are on the map.) I don't think there was anything other than tables in that spot before, so they corrected it for this year by putting the tables there instead.

13 hours ago, Shawn Meyer said:

Why won't they show a live cam on international street yet? I want to see what it looks like for peeking purposes.

They probably want it to be a surprise for when it opens. You'll either have to go on opening day or wait for pictures.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I’m okay with the pedestals going but I wouldn’t be thrilled if they painted the bottom black like KD’s. I think it looks kind of gross.

Fountains should be sky blue.   KDs I Street is absolutely gorgeous with all the trees, landscaping islands and detailed buildings.   But I agree.  The water looks bad. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2019 at 11:32 AM, upstop said:

Oh my gosh! According to the new map, there was no entrance to Vikings Fury last year! What does that mean? Did anyone ride it last year? :P

One can hope they demolished the entrance as a precursor to demolishing the rest of it. I hope there's an auction to be the person who gets to give it the first hit with the wrecking ball. I'll be saving up for that moment.

I mean... [awkward cough] No, I don't have any ill will towards that ride left over from my ride op days. What do you mean? ;)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

I can't see anything but the hill on MT. I wanna see testing going on! haha Give me a Coney Mall cam! haha

This time of year is about when I start having the webcams open all day at work waiting to see something cool happening. Last year I sat and watched them put the trains on Diamondback! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lifetimecoaster said:

This time of year is about when I start having the webcams open all day at work waiting to see something cool happening. Last year I sat and watched them put the trains on Diamondback! 

Yeah I do this every year haha. Love it!!!

10 hours ago, 139Signal27 said:

I don't believe it is run without water.

They tested it without water back in 2009. My understanding is that the water is considered park of the braking system. It can run without water, but I don’t know if it has or if it even can with people on it.

• Like 2