The Italian Job

upstop

Sorry bud, but I don't think you'll be seeing Timberwolf get relocated anytime soon, much less to Rivertown. As far as where could PKI stick an Italian Job coaster, well, out of that survey, I think PKI would personally go with the Addams Family coaster as it seems to suit them better.

Timberwolf relocated to Rivertown??? Where did that come from? Action Zone has gotten enough new rides in the past several years... it's time for the rest of the park to benefit from new stuff. Why move Timberwolf to Rivertown when they could just build the new ride in Rivertown? An Italian Job themed coaster would go well in Coney, but I really hope you guys don't have your heart set on a coaster in 05 because your heart will probably be broken.

Probably Coney Mall. Like was stated in another thread, Coney Mall is

getting a makeover this year. Like has been seen in the past, the new

ride (what every it may be for 2005) will probably go in the area that if

getting a face lift (Coney Mall). Plus, that seems like it is the only place

to put a 200ft tall coaster, every place else seems a little crowded for

this addition.

I don`t think that the park will be moving TimberWolf anytime soon. I especially don`t think that they would be moving it inot Rivertown. In its current location it is close to the parking lot for the performer`s busses and associated vehicles. Certainly they could revamp TimberWolf as it seems to be out dated and its colors too muted for the brightness of the Action Zone.

I think that the addition in 2005 will be in Coney Mall. I personally think that an Adamms family themed ride could be a really good theme to a ride. I just hope that the ride that would be associated with it would be a fun, high capacity ride. From all indications I`ve heard, 2005 will indeed be the year that PKI receives its next major roller coaster. It has been three years since the last coaster was added (Runaway Reptar in 2001) and four years since the last major coater. (Son of Beast in 2000.) The longest PKI has gone without installing a coaster was back when the park opened in `72 they didn`t add another coaster, the Screamin Demon until 1977, five years. I think that we will see a roller coaster in 2005, and as stated above, I hope it is a high capacity, and re-rideable ride.

My only question would be how could PKI incorporate an Addams family

theme or The Italian Job theme into any area of the park.  Would PKI add

a new themed section?

They may have to. If I was in charge, and we were converting the park into a movie-themed entertainment facility, I would gut Oktoberfest and maybe make it into part of the old Coney, and retheme it. Of course, this would take millions of dollars and a long time and a lot of labor to complete. But that's if I was in charge, since I'm not...

I think that Old Coney could possibly get an expansion. There seems to be a hell of a lot of room on the north side of the park like everyone has said. As for making a completely new area, I have no idea. I think PKI may have a hard time doing that and keeping this new area unclogged with people and making it large. I just don't know.

My vote goes to the OC.

Edited by fryler87

• 3 weeks later...

Despite being EXTREMELY cool and almost sensible, that would be one hell of a long path.

Plus, I don't see any NEW rides going into Action Zone that soon - it already seems a little cramped in there as it is...remember, the park used part Top Gun's exit as the entrance and queue area (or maybe the park just had that oddly planned out 12 years ago...). If we do see a new coaster soon, placement back near The Racer and Flight of Fear would be the logical thing to do in my mind.

i wouldnt mind seeing the Addams Family in Kings Island

Yea that was actually going to happen at one point...a long time ago, in place of phantom theatre.

What The? Dude! PT was built before Paramount bought the Park theres noway they could have themed PT to the Addams Family!! besides i would Rather see The Addams Family Coaster than The Italian Job

What The? Dude! PT was built before Paramount bought the Park theres noway they could have themed PT to the Addams Family!! besides i would Rather see The Addams Family Coaster than The Italian Job

Believe it. I said "in place of Phantom Theater" , which does not necissarily mean before it was built.

Speaking of the antique cars i was wondering they used to have two different tracks for them and they closed down one of the sides. Does anybody know if they are planning on putting something else there or just keep the old track there?

I read somewhere that the tracks are intertwined with on another. So there is no way to take one out without taking the other out. But I don't think that would happen because sometimes in the summer it's really busy. But I have heard that if they are putting in a new coaster that it might be there. So they might take it out after all. unsure.gif

Believe it. I said "in place of Phantom Theater" , which does not necissarily mean before it was built.

Do you have Proof? Prove Me Wrong......

I know a lot of people like the antique cars, so, why don't they relocate

the cars in the woods behind FOF and put a coaster in the antique cars

area incorporating a fly by over the lake.

How awesome would that be!

Why are people always obssesed with moving things to new locations to put other rides in their spots? First Timberwolf, and now Antique Cars. Personally, I think that the Antique Cars are fine exactly where they are. It PKI wanted to, I`m sure they coluld fit in a coaster over and around the lake in Rive Town if they wanted to, without removing the Antique Cars. Will, they? I highlt doubt it. Most likely, the next major coaster they build will be build as yu suggested, over by Flight of Fear.

Will PKI see the Italian Job coaster realized? I think not, however, the Addams Family one, in a few years I could definetly see that happening, it just seems like it'd fit the park more. As far as 2005 goes, I'm predicting the anouncment, or part of the anouncement, will be on The Beast's birthday celebration. I'm also claiming a prediction that it will be named Sum of All Fears, and possibly hold the new height record. Also it will be located in Coney Mall, to the left of FoF, behind AE, and to the right of SOB. This is all just guesses boys and girls, so take it for what it's worth. With that said, maybe it will be the longest coaster as opposed to the tallest.