Best Part of the Beast!

stephenmayes

I think that if you are not a seasoned coaster rider and are not use to the feel of a first drop, the first drop on The Beast is great. But after you've riden it so many times that great initial feeling tends to wear off. As far as the second drop after the first tunnel....I always loved it up untill they started adding breaks to it. But yes the one element of The Beast that consistently gives me a thrill is the final helix, hands down....or up cool.gif

I think the majority of the people here are going to say the helix (just like me.) It's the signature of that ride. It's that feeling when you go into the darkness and your whole body gets slammed into the seat - it's classic and unbeatable. wink.gif

I love ALL of the tunnels! Everyone on the trains screams and if they aren't it still sounds like they are. I like night rides too because the ride ops get you so pumped up and then you're so exctied! And then you only hear things and can't see much else. So you have the feeling of darting around the woods. That's one of the best feelings in the world! Whenever I'm at PKI I always try to have a night ride on The Beast! biggrin.gif

Hm...dunno. I would think no because the helixes are very large and it might be pretty costly to have that much wood. And plus...they're already spending money on retracking it to make it smoother. But who knows? 

WEll dont think about the money...just as a rider would tunnels on SOB make the ride more fun?

Steve

The only place where I see tunnels going on Son of Beast is where the track actually runs along the ground. Tunnels 150 feet in the air make little sense, and don't anybody complain about how The Beast has elevated tunnels on the helix. I'm not stupid. If Son of Beast was a TRUE terrain coaster, tunnels would actually look like they belonged. Sorry, kids.

Eh... this isn't in the poll, but I'd have to say that the part between the last magnetic brake run and the 2nd lift hill is the best. I mean, there's not much to it, but the seclusion is awesome especially at night. You just can't beat a terrain coaster that goes through the woods.

Eh... this isn't in the poll, but I'd have to say that the part between the last magnetic brake run and the 2nd lift hill is the best. I mean, there's not much to it, but the seclusion is awesome especially at night. You just can't beat a terrain coaster that goes through the woods.

I gotcha, I wouldn't say there's not much too it, the connector tunnel is one of my favorite parts of the ride and the turn before just before the second lift "quick dip" is the fastest part of the ride.

The second drop into the helix....By far the greatest wooden coaster experience ever.I especially love the anticipation of gradually picking up speed faster faster more more....than darkess "bang" sharp left ballz to wall speed "on the edge of out of control"than lightness only to be followed by more.