Music in station?

StXBomber

Now that The Beast has music on the lifts, the question arose in my mind about adding music to the ride stations and queue. Now I know we have Q-TV, but let's face it, sometimes it gets annoying seeing the same music video in every queue. When I was at SFMM, they didn't have Q-TV's. Instead, they played music that fit the mood for the ride. X and Scream! both had techo music playing in the station and lines. What made them interesting is that each ride had a different soundtrack. Now I think this would be a nice addition to PKI if they used this. There is a song called "The Beast" by Twisted Sister that I think fits the ride perfectly. It has lines like, "This killer knows his buisness, he is the predator." Everytime I ride The Beast now, I can hear that song playing in my head.

So would you prefer music that you only hear at one ride, or Q-TV?

Dude I totally know the song your talkin about, I never really thought about it but that song really does fit the mood of The Beast. (I like twisted sister a lot) I remember when Cedar Point put music in the Millennium Force station Kings Island tried to copy by putting music in the SOB station but in never worked out. CP playes this techno music every time the train comes into the station. However I do think its cool how at Top Gun we play the soundtrack to the movie Top. Also I remember when The Outer Limits Flight of Fear first opened up they had some techno/space/alien type music in the station. I always like when there is music in the station, personally I think it really adds something. Even if its like at SOB where they play the eighties music that they play in the Action Zone.

Personally, I love music in the ride lines. As long as it fits in with the theme of the ride though...Here's a list I've compiled that shows what kind of music could accompany the major coasters. Add ideas or comments if you got them...

Face/Off- Techno

SOB- Rock

Top Gun- Soundtrack, duh

Adventure Express- The soundtrack that plays now is very nice.

Racer- This ride screams classic rock for some reason.

FoF- Sci Fi type music

Vortex- Techno

Beast- Classic Country maybe?

Face/Off- Techno

SOB- Rock

Top Gun- Soundtrack, duh

Adventure Express- The soundtrack that plays now is very nice.

Racer- This ride screams classic rock for some reason.

FoF- Sci Fi type music

Vortex- Techno

Beast- Classic Country maybe?

Racer- Oldies (like rollercoaster of love and songs that have that same sound)

Beast- Rock (like father like son)

FoF- X-Files type music (like what Sparky was saying)

Has anyone here ever ridden Dragster up at the Point? They have this sweet kick-ass remix of Republica - Ready to Go and over it, a guy talks about Dragster (hands back, hold on, talles coaster, etc.). It's sweet, because it has been oddly (and possibly accidentally) so that as this clip of music is playing, the trains are launched or are going up the tower...GAH! It's hard to explain but it's awesome.

They also (used to) play music in the queue. I think playing music (GOOD music with no foul language, and music that any ride patron could listen to) would really make waiting in those *long* 15 minute lines easier. wink.gif