Designated Smoking Areas

StXBomber

The other topic is pretty wide, which is obvious by the 100% voting for one choice. This question is about PKI's policy. Holiday World just set up designated smoking areas, and banned smoking from the park beside those areas. Do you think PKI should ban smoking and have a couple designated areas, ban it only in Hanna-Barberra Land, Nickelodeon Central, and Boomerang Bay, or just keep the current smoking rules?

I find it EXTREMELY annoying when people smoke in the queue...sometimes I almost yell at them for doing it. Park rules specifically state that there is no smoking in the queues. Then again, the people who are usually doing the smoking don't look intelligent enough to read and understand English.

Designated smoking areas would be AMAZING and would make the park's more thrilling rides more family-friendly. It won't happen, but I would consider going to the park more if I knew that I wouldn't be inhaling smoke all day. wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think the designated smoking area is a good idea, I don't like smokers either, but I know they can't wait. I think the no smoking in line works fine.

I agree with him. The no smoking in line rule is just fine. Most people don't do it. But if we are outside then I don't see a problem with smoking as long as you don't purposely try to blow smoke at other people, I mean, sometimes you can't really help it but as long as it's not on purpose then it's fine with me.

I think its a good idea but at this point maybe a little too hard to enforce. I think that the no smoking in line rule is good cause when ur in line you cant really escape the smoke but just in the park you can kind of walk away. I do however think there should be a lot more emphasis on the none in line rule. It just seems that when people get into a long line, they just think that it will be ok and they wont get in trouble which they usually dont.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't really like smokers, but I understand that it is an addicting habit. The only thing that I ask is that they step out their cigarettes when they are finished with them, and it would be great to throw them away. But if they don't step them out then there is always a chance that a little kid will pick up a partially smoked cigarette and put it in their mouth because they see adults doing it. This may seem really gross, but it happens, and i would like to hope that if nothing else the cigarette wont still be lit when they put it in their mouth.

The park needs to add little bins for the cigs anyhow, so people dont just throw them on the ground. Businesses down town have them, and so do other attractions in the area. I just wish that PKI would. If they had convenient places to put them they would rather than on the ground for ecology to sweep up

I smoke too, and I have to admit that having designated smoking areas is a good idea. Simply put, I really don't want my bad habit to be an inconvenience to anyone else. I also agree with everyone about how there should be ashtrays in the park as well. I usually knock the cherry off, step on it, and then throw the butt away in a trash can. The cherry (which is entirely ash by the time it's stepped on) simply blows away, and since the butt is thrown away, it doesn't cause an unsightly mess and isn't a hassle for the great eco people.

Should smoking be banned from HBL and CDBB? Definitely. There's no reason for people to smoke in front of kids. I mean, you can't avoid it at the park, but you should respect their territory. As far as CDBB goes, red-hot cigaretts, bare feet... doesn't mix well. Of course, this year there will be a designated smoking area in BB. That will work out well since it doesn't cause the same hazard that general smoking would allow, non-smokers can avoid it, and you don't have to go an amazingly far distance to light up.

It wouldn't be a difficult thing for the park to do. I mean, they don't necessarily have to build shelters for smokers. They can just set two signs on a midway 30 or so ft apart with the "no smoking beyond this point" message on it. Of course you wouldn't be able to avoid walking through it most of the time, but at least it won't be everywhere. If they had one smoking area in every section of the park (maybe even tucked in a corner in HBL) then I really don't see it being a problem.

No smoking in line? Totally agree with that. I was next to a guy in the FoF hanger and he was smoking one of those big nasty cigars. Totally bothering everyone, but no one said anything. If you see someone smoking in line, let them know that it's not allowed. I mean, there are only two possible cases, the first is that they simply didn't know the rule, and you are informing them, or they are blatantly disregarding the rules and if they are pointed out, they may refrain from the action.

Ryan

The smoking area's would almost have to be sheltered. You wouldnt be able to see to the other side of the midway if they had smoking area's like they have the beer area's. lol. Not to mention passing 10 people on your way to something is alot less obnoxious fumes then having to walk thru a section of a midway with 50+ smoking.

What about something like the multiple rooms the CINCY airport has, or just an area designated for smoking a little off the path, so that nonsmokers don't breath it in.

Frankly, I'm thinking they should install one in the Paramount story, No one hardly goes in there anyway. Everytime I walk from my ride to the restroom, or through it to spy on my crew at the carousel, there is only like 4 people in it. I think it's just an area for Paramount to toot their horns, as if having rides named after movies isnt enough?

I don't like to smell other people's BO. I don't like to listen to almost any guest in the park while I'm there, cause they all say stupid things and are moslty just dumb. I don't like a lot of things about other people in public places... but you can't really prevent it. No matter what is set up, people won't do it.

I think the smokers area in the waterpark may just be one of the more populated areas. Think about it, there are ash trays, benches, some shade, surrounded by people doing same thing.. and most importantly... there will be a beer cart right there. rolleyes.gif

I'm sure you're right, Beastfreak. Does anyone else remember how many people camped out under that "smoking tree" just outside of WW?

Again, I have nothing against smokers. I used to smoke through my High School and college days. I just wish that some of these people weren't so bad about it. It kills it for everyone.

I don't think the designated smoking area would work. It's already against the rules to smoke in line but people do that anyway. Good job Tomb Raider crew for trying to inforce the no smoking rule on Sunday.

I really wish smoking could become illegal in the future. My lungs already can't handle it.

I really wish smoking could become illegal in the future. My lungs already can't handle it.

Actually, studies show that second hand smoke is nearly harmless unless you inhale large amounts. Now if you are breathing all the air that someone is exhaling, everytime they smoke that could be a problem. And if you are standing that close to someone then you got problems.

Actually, studies show that second hand smoke is nearly harmless unless you inhale large amounts. Now if you are breathing all the air that someone is exhaling, everytime they smoke that could be a problem. And if you are standing that close to someone then you got problems.

That's not entirely true.

Yeah, you aren't allowed to, but it doesn't mean people won't do it. I hate that, and I always make a bunch of comments under my breath.

Another issue that hasn't been adressed yet is all of the clearly underage smokers that are all over the park. That's kind of weird too.