Grand Carnivale - June 15-July 7

chad_1138

Spectacle of Color Parade

Duration: 30 - 40 Minutes

Take in extraordinary sights and sounds of sparkling floats and extravagantly costumed performers during the Spectacle of Color parade hosted by the King of Carnivale. An electrifying musical score fills the air as a larger-than-life elephant, Bollywood performers, a Jules Verne airship and more take to the street to delight park guests. Activities and interactive experiences make this one parade you won’t want to miss.

Carnivale Street Party

Duration: Until Park Closes

As the parade concludes, thunderous music builds to a crescendo and the King of Carnivale kicks off a street party filled with performers, an interactive dance party and more.

Grand Carnivale

• Like 10

And that is what Cedar Fair has mentioned time and time again on their conference calls.  They want to create a sense of urgency to give people a reason to visit the park multiple times.  Especially when things like Haunt and Winterfest aren`t going on.  

• Like 4

I am SO here for this.

That sounds incredible. They're putting some international back into (I'm assuming) International Street.

SIGN. ME. UP. We are truly in the best timeline. Kings Island's out here living its best life. I've never been so randomly excited for mid-June.

• Like 7

This is so cool! Love to see that this kind of festival is coming to Kings Island, especially after all the effort put into International Street. It seems like perfect timing.

I know this is very doubtful, but I wonder if the "electrifying musical score" is original, or if it'll just be some bollywood hits and top 10 charts like some of the previous years' fireworks shows have been. I think an original score would be cool, and worth the investment for Cedar Fair if they're putting this parade at multiple parks. Regardless, I'm especially excited to see how they use the new lighting package on International Street for this show!

I'll echo the others and say I'm also curious about parade routes. Anyone remember what path the Nickelodeon parade took?

• Like 2

The Nickelodeon Celebration Parade started out in Planet Snoopy, (back by what the back of house gates that are now near Surf Dog.  The parade then continued in front of Blue Ice Cream, in front of Chik Fil A and the Eiffel Tower.  It continued into Coney Mall, and stayed on the side of the midway closest to Racer.  It then went off stage at the gate between Racer and Zephyr.  It would then repeat in reverse the next time it was performed.

• Like 1

My guess for the parade route would be starting from the employee entrance area that is in between the men’s and women’s restrooms inside the front gates, along international street on one side of the fountains, circling the tower, and back along the other side of international street then out the same way they came in. That would allow all the floats to be stored between parades, in that parking lot that is over there, which we’ve walked through on occasion to get to train tours at Coasterstock

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I’m really glad to see things like this coming to fruition. It reminds me of how Universal does things...

This just might be it’s downfall. Having experienced Universals Mardi Gras, this is what I’ll be comparing it to and if their give a darn of this Grand Carnivale is the same as their give a darn of the Haunt from last year, well, we all know how that turned out.

Or maybe I just need to temper my expectations of a seasonal park compared to the giant that is Universal. 

Edited by AZ Kinda Guy
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, AZ Kinda Guy said:

This just might be it’s downfall. Having experienced Universals Mardi Gras, this is what I’ll be comparing it to and if their give a darn of this Grand Carnivale is the same as their give a darn of the Haunt from last year, well, we all know how that turned out.

Or maybe I just need to temper my expectations of a seasonal park compared to the giant that is Universal. 

You could very well be correct. I’ve heard they’ve put quite a bit into this. This will be interesting to say the least.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Italian Job 2005 said:

This is so cool! Love to see that this kind of festival is coming to Kings Island, especially after all the effort put into International Street. It seems like perfect timing.

I know this is very doubtful, but I wonder if the "electrifying musical score" is original, or if it'll just be some bollywood hits and top 10 charts like some of the previous years' fireworks shows have been. I think an original score would be cool, and worth the investment for Cedar Fair if they're putting this parade at multiple parks. Regardless, I'm especially excited to see how they use the new lighting package on International Street for this show!

I'll echo the others and say I'm also curious about parade routes. Anyone remember what path the Nickelodeon parade took?

Remember this post?  I would say that original music is likely on it's way.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Shman said:

Remember this post?  I would say that original music is likely on it's way.

Well the only thing that might be wrong with that theory is the fact he specifically said Kings Island when several other Cedar Fair parks are doing the festival.

57 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

Well the only thing that might be wrong with that theory is the fact he specifically said Kings Island when several other Cedar Fair parks are doing the festival.

That is an interesting thought. He did specifically say Kings Island.

12 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

Hopefully this will be something similar to the way that Disney does their parades. I like the fact that they do them a few times a day. You get to stop and catch it once, and then the next 2 or 3 times you can go and get on rides quick while others are watching. 

Per the links throughout the thread, it'll be toward night time only.