Grand Carnivale - June 15-July 7

chad_1138

I'm guessing that the Fireworks show will be similar to last year with a specific song set for the fireworks/fountains and lights (although last year the fountains weren't really a part of it). 

I truly could see that this person is composing music for either the parade or for the fountain show(s).

I'm excited for this. Having visited Cedar Point annually for the past 3+ years, I've always been impressed by the late-night activities they've had. I do realize that CP is a destination/resort park more than just a seasonal one, but still, it's fun to see the parks doing things that both cater to all guests regardless of thrill level and encourage people to stay at the parks later. I typically visit KI with my sister and nieces, and this will be something else that they can enjoy, especially the younger one who hasn't hit the 36" mark yet.

Whoa.

So, I’ve been checking out the blog posts from Worlds of Fun (thinking about visiting this summer), and they have an entry about Grand Carnivale (WoF is getting it too).

There’s some concept art, but some of it isn’t WoF:

(Images by Cedar Fair, from Worlds of Fun blog | Source: https://www.worldsoffun.com/blog/2019/new-international-festival-announced-grand-carnivale)

7CC58A1E-B6BC-4649-8D5D-B08C8BE43998.png

D3ED9E90-B41B-4331-9EBF-4725883C453F.png

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, KIBOB said:

Whoa.

So, I’ve been checking out the blog posts from Worlds of Fun (thinking about visiting this summer), and they have an entry about Grand Carnivale (WoF is getting it too).

There’s some concept art, but some of it isn’t WoF:

(Images by Cedar Fair, from Worlds of Fun blog | Source: https://www.worldsoffun.com/blog/2019/new-international-festival-announced-grand-carnivale)

7CC58A1E-B6BC-4649-8D5D-B08C8BE43998.png

D3ED9E90-B41B-4331-9EBF-4725883C453F.png

The concept art definitely looks like it’s for the “Kings” parks. 

1 hour ago, 139Signal27 said:

I wonder how this will interact with July 4th celebrations?

They don’t do much for the 4th nowadays anyway. Paramount used to nail it, but CF seems to rely on a slightly bigger fireworks show. There’s a lot of competition for that day now.

• 1 month later...

More details about Grand Carnivale sent to me by park!

Grand Carnivale is a brand new immersive international festival coming this summer. Guests will be able to celebrate the sights, sounds, smells and tastes from cultures around the world, daily from June 15 through July 7 beginning at 5:00 p.m.

The Celebration Starts at 5:00 p.m.

Every Day Discover how the world kicks up its heels at Grand Carnivale, a larger-than-life festival celebrating the rich traditions of India, China, Italy, France and Germany. Savor authentic tastes and sips, play lively games, make unique crafts, be mesmerized by our extravagant parade and top off the night at the party of all parties filled with international music, magic and merrymaking. Kings Island’s famous International Restaurant will re-open to the public for a special Grand Carnivale themed dining experience each night of the festival.

The Spectacle of Color Parade

Daily at 8:00 p.m. An electrifying musical score fills the air as a larger-than-life elephant, Bollywood performers, a Jules Verne airship and other larger-than-life floats make their way take through the streets of Kings Island, ending at the base of the Eiffel Tower. Activities and interactive experiences will make this parade unforgettable.

Carnivale Street Party, Fireworks Finale and Weekend Concert Series As the parade concludes, thunderous music builds to a crescendo and the King of Carnivale kicks off a street party filled with shimmering lights, high-energy live entertainment, and an interactive dance party. The party will fill International Street with music, magic and merrymaking until fireworks fill the sky at 10:00 p.m. each night. Live music, DJ’s and a special Friday and Saturday night concert series will create the perfect atmosphere at center stage near the base of the Eiffel Tower.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Grand Carnivale to also have weekend concerts! 

Get ready to rock at Grand Carnivale! Not only will there be authentic tastes and sips inspired by France, Italy, India, Germany and China, a street party and extravagant parade, this amazing event will be amplified with a weekend concert series. 

More details on the blog!

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2019/june/grand-carnivale-features-weekend-concert-series

2 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Ohhhh… and check this out.  More parade info.  I hope you guys are as excited as I am!

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2019/june/spectacle-of-color-parade-a-must-see-experience-during-grand-carnivale

Think that confirms that the concrete pad they built was for the Grand Carnivale floats.

Those light trusses look so much better dressed with the banners. Looks like a picture I posted a while ago and got slammed for saying I was asking for Disney level theming. Great job by the park adding color and excitement to the area and downplaying the industrial look of those. Would love to see something like that stay after this event to add to the already wonderful area that international street has become. 

• Like 1

It’s a crying shame that the Spanish and Italian flags on the buildings have been replaced by the generic Carnivale flags. Why? Aren’t the banners enough? And the tacky giant masks on the Swiss Building? Blegh. Italian bunting on the Spanish Building? Really? I get that it’s close to the Italian section, but they could have kept the Italian decor on its own building. Enjoyed the parade, but why does the decoration have to mostly detract from the buildings, not add to them?

10 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

It’s a crying shame that the Spanish and Italian flags on the buildings have been replaced by the generic Carnivale flags. Why? Aren’t the banners enough? And the tacky giant masks on the Swiss Building? Blegh. Italian bunting on the Spanish Building? Really? I get that it’s close to the Italian section, but they could have kept the Italian decor on its own building. Enjoyed the parade, but why does the decoration have to mostly detract from the buildings, not add to them?

I think none of the flags have replaced the ones that were up. So the Spanish, German, etc Flags are still on the buildings. They just added a lot of decorative Grand Carnivale flags to the buildings. 

9 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I think none of the flags have replaced the ones that were up. So the Spanish, German, etc Flags are still on the buildings. They just added a lot of decorative Grand Carnivale flags to the buildings. 

I noticed yesterday the Spanish and Italian flags were replaced.

I was fortunate enough to see the parade dress rehearsal last night. 

From the first glimpses I had of the floats (when they were mostly covered in tarps around Timberwolf), I was fascinated with them. They are gorgeous, and well beyond what I would have expected for a temporary event. 

During the parade, though, I barely noticed them. There is so much going on! So many amazing and excited performers! 

The floats are fantastic, but this parade as a whole is well beyond even that. This event is spectacular, and definitely not something to risk missing. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KIghostguy said:

I noticed yesterday the Spanish and Italian flags were replaced.

It might have been because they have “sections” for those countries. I was looking back at my photos and the Swiss flags are still there.

As first seen on Twitter several months ago, there is, in fact, an original score for the parade. It’s actually super catchy. Here is a clip from when they played it at the dance party.

At the park now... it’s raining. :mellow:

It’s so unfortunate. I hope the parade still goes on if this ever lets up. And darnit I want my last 5 samples. :( 

The cannoli was top notch! Holy cow, that was gooood! 

Edit the parade is awesome!!!! I hope to see it at night! It’s a fantastic addition!!!!

• Like 1