KI 2019 Pre-Season Poll

aross0805

KI 2019 Pre-Season Poll  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Creed Bratton said:

@aross0805 Your poll is not accessible. 

It would probably be better if you used the poll feature here on KIC.

Oops. :wacko: Sorry! I'll have to do that. Does anyone know how to edit an already published poll or delete one? I created it and accidentally published it before I finished it.

My Votes (and my reasons for each):

Most Anticipated 2019 Feature: International Street Renovations

The Antique Cars are a great addition for families, but based on rides I have done at other parks similar to them, they are probably not for me (though they probably will make the back of Coney Mall look and feel much nicer). So I am looking forward to the I-Street updates, particularly how the Royal Fountains are going to look and function in 2019.

Favorite Non-Coaster: Delirium

I love this huge flat ride. Swinging 137 feet in the air, spinning slowly, and dropping at 75+mph while getting airtime is just so fun to me, and is actually a bit relaxing at the same time.

Favorite Coaster: The Beast

Largely for the epic night rides- by day, I do find Diamondback, Mystic Timbers, and Banshee more enjoyable but after dark even though those 3 all get better, The Beast becomes something else and crushes them all. Being buried deep in the woods behind KI, racing through dark tunnels, the awesome views from both lifts, and the double helix finale at the end are all big reasons I find this ride to be awesome.

Least Favorite Non-Coaster: Boo Blasters on Boo Hill

This attraction just feels kinda cheap and gimmicky to me. The guns often being tricky to use doesn't help much at all. From what I have seen, I probably would have liked Phantom Theatre a LOT more than this. IMO, Kings Island needs a better dark ride.

Least Favorite Coaster: Invertigo

I didn't vote for any "kiddie" coasters because I think including them in a poll like this is a bit odd, since they are clearly aimed at younger riders. But of the "adult" coasters, I find Invertigo the worst- it is still a good enough ride, but something has to be the worst in the park (I don't think KI has any truly horrible coasters ATM). Invertigo is a short ride, and while it has great forcefulness, but when Invertigo gives a rough ride (I feel you have a 50% or so chance of getting either a smooth or rough ride here) I get headbanged no matter what I try, which sucks.  And is enough for Invertigo to get my vote here.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I actually like Invertigo. I don't find it to be rough or a headbanger. What helps is keeping your head on one side. I do it and it works. But, I still wouldn't be shocked if it is one of the next rides on the chopping block.

Agreed. I like it, as well.  I don't ride it often, but always have fun.

My votes:

1) The Parade. If I had more information on the I-Street renovations, that may be my choice, but as I have little information to go on, the Parade is something I'm looking forward to.

2) Drop Tower. I enjoy Drop Towers in general... No matter how many times I ride one, my heart leaps in my throat when the fall starts... I'll always make time for a Drop Tower...

3) The Beast. Love it. Still a hard choice when there are so many coasters I really enjoy at KI.

4) Boo Blasters. It's just bad. 

5) BLSC. I didn't pick any of the ones that are geared for kids, as they serve their purpose fairly well (I'm assuming on the GPC, I've never actually rode it)… BLSC is not a terrible ride, it's just the one I'd miss the least... 

• Like 1