2019 Meals and Restau...RANTs

Stoan

On 4/22/2019 at 10:27 PM, LondonFreak said:

Am I the only one that thinks that La Rosa's by the slice at Kings Island or the zoo has the best La Rosa's pizza smell? It smells like summer and fun parks! :D Although, the taste at KI is not always up to the quality I have come to expect with La Rosa's! 

Larosa's Rivertown is my favorite Larosa's!

• Like 1

It is really sparse for a blog post. I think it would be better served as a Facebook/Instagram post. Otherwise, it could use some extra details. Did she personally speak with guests at the park? If so, what are their names, where are they from? If, let's say, Ashley, mother of two, came all the way up from Michigan and dug those tater tots, that would give some credence to the sensationalism of this post, as well as a little tribute to the guests. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Joshua said:

It is really sparse for a blog post. I think it would be better served as a Facebook/Instagram post. Otherwise, it could use some extra details. Did she personally speak with guests at the park? If so, what are their names, where are they from? If, let's say, Ashley, mother of two, came all the way up from Michigan and dug those tater tots, that would give some credence to the sensationalism of this post, as well as a little tribute to the guests. 

She quoted me in the Tiques blog. Recorded my comments on her phone.

Personally, I don’t care if the person who likes the tots is from Dallas or Dayton. 

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2019 at 10:01 PM, pianoman said:

Yes panda express is back to 2 entrées. However, I was told that they will not have chow mein this year. So your options for sides are either fried rice or steamed white rice. It also appears that they had some new items on the menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was combing through the fountain war on the I-Street improvements discussion board for the last 20 minutes. I had a lot to say but decided to keep quiet.

But this?! Oh no! The sole reason I ever get Panda Express, at least at Kings Island, is for its chow mein. AGHHGHGH! I am about to start an entire thread for this issue alone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I know many liked the noodles... But when they didn't move fast enough and sat too long, they got nasty... So in that regard I like that it's just rice now, which they can keep fresher. I was disappointed they dropped the mixed veggie option... As it seemed moderately healthy... But that's been gone longer than the noodles.

On 3/28/2019 at 5:30 PM, Joshua said:

And now it's named Hank's, like Tom Hanks. Coincidence? Probably. 

I realize this is a several weeks old post, but the name was not a coincidence, but that's not where it came from. After Cedar Fair bought the Paramount parks, it remained a seafood restaurant for several years and was called Outer Hanks. The pun is not Tom Hanks's name, but rather the Outer Banks. After changing it to Mexican food, they kept the Hank's name, likely due to people already referring to that building by that name.

I initially thought the same thing, that it was a pun on Tom Hanks, but I put two and two together when I noticed Outer Hanks at Carowinds. I'm sure the pun is a lot more immediately recognizable to people in that region.

• Like 1

Newbie here, I haven't been to the park since the 90s and took my little kid for the first time today. We loved it! I added the meal plan to my pass as we were standing in line for Chick-Fil-A when I saw how expensive the prices are. It will be worth it for how often we plan to go.

Maybe a dumb question - I saw on the website that meals are every four hours, but I also read somewhere it's just a lunch and dinner. Does that mean max two meals per day, or we can get something at 11, 4, and 8pm, for example, on the meal pass?

We also got LaRosa's and it was great!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DonnaFan said:

Newbie here, I haven't been to the park since the 90s and took my little kid for the first time today. We loved it! I added the meal plan to my pass as we were standing in line for Chick-Fil-A when I saw how expensive the prices are. It will be worth it for how often we plan to go.

Maybe a dumb question - I saw on the website that meals are every four hours, but I also read somewhere it's just a lunch and dinner. Does that mean max two meals per day, or we can get something at 11, 4, and 8pm, for example, on the meal pass?

It’s a max of two per day with 4 hours in between.

Welcome back to the island life!

23 minutes ago, DonnaFan said:

I tried out the meal plan last season on a day where I was going to be there all day, and it was $30 for a meal every two hours. I ate a lot that day and rode little (it was pretty cold and windy that day, so many rides were down). This year, I purchased a meal plan and retained my drink plan. It seems to be worth it for the meal and drink plans. 

I tried to visit the Brewhouse on Friday evening for dinner. Stood in line for a half an hour after asking the associate if I could order food at the bar. They said no. I got to the register and was told that I could order food at the bar. I went to the bar to order and their POS system was down.  

#kingsislandcomplainer

• Sad 1

On 4/27/2019 at 11:48 AM, chuck norris said:

Today's special at the smoke house...
Gumbo.
Includes your choice of side and a hush puppy, a well as corn bread.
Served over white rice.

Nice flavor, light spice (more than most park food), and I always enjoy trying a new option.

0baa6aaa221beef367f2569f8c33505a.jpg

Was that on Dining plan?

• Like 2

On 4/27/2019 at 11:48 AM, chuck norris said:

Today's special at the smoke house...
Gumbo.
Includes your choice of side and a hush puppy, a well as corn bread.
Served over white rice.

Nice flavor, light spice (more than most park food), and I always enjoy trying a new option.

0baa6aaa221beef367f2569f8c33505a.jpg

Are the specials on the dining plans? My bf and I got the dining plans for this year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coasterfanatic2012 said:

Is anybody able to share a Brewhouse menu with prices?

IMG_20190419_193656_01.jpg

1 hour ago, LondonFreak said:

Are the specials on the dining plans? My bf and I got the dining plans for this year. 

At Coney Bar-B-Que, the dining plan includes one entrée and one side. This includes permanent choices as well as specials.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Starkey111 said:

gavelbanger... amazing

br.jpg

Thanks. I attempted to find this list on the Facebook page mentioned above, but after scrolling through 100 posts and not seeing it, I gave up.  I also love You Betcha from Sonder. I’m hoping they continue to bring in local options and don’t stock it with just lift/truth/psychohopathy. 

• Thanks 1

That's only what they have on draft. According to the bartender on Preview Night, the selection is supposed to change periodically. 

They have bottled selections, as well. For example, I had a black cherry-flavored hard seltzer. I am not sure why those are not included on the menu. 

• Like 3

Yes... Although it was a special... So it wasn't on the menu board, nor did it even have a placard.
I usually always check to see what new options are there... As it keeps the dining plan "exciting" add the season goes on.

We also ate at Coney BBQ on Saturday. The special (Gumbo) was on the dining plan. Chef indicated they’d occasionally have specials such as this.

We didn’t get the Gumbo but it looked good.