2019 Meals and Restau...RANTs

Stoan

Does anyone have a list of the beers on tap at the brew house?

Edit - seems you got the list

If you haven’t got one yet I’ll make you one this weekend.... however I won’t be happy until this gets put on tap or even brought back in bottle form.

767c599c98d978b6b0493e1570cbcf8f.jpg331847928b3cd800946fe1873c34ee4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I tried the Brewhouse this weekend. I had heard mostly good things about it, so my younger brother and I went there for dinner on Saturday night. We moved through the line to order fairly quickly, I believe it was about 7:50 when we had our locator and sat down. We were not given a receipt, nor were we asked if we wanted it. He ordered the chicken tenders and I ordered a pub burger. 

It took 7-8 minutes, and he received his order. I did not. They did not take our table locator. His chicken was very burned/overcooked, and did not taste good. The tater tots were cold. He didn't want to wait on a supervisor or to be "that guy" that complains about the food on the second week of operations, so we let it go. I figured by food would be out shortly. 

After about ~30 minutes of still not receiving my food, I went back up to the register and asked what was happening (I could see plenty of people who ordered Pub burgers after me receiving them). The young woman at the register had to ask a server to get a supervisor from the kitchen. He came out and I told him I was still waiting on my food after we had received half our order. He asked for my receipt, which I did not receive, so I gave him my locator number and he went back in the kitchen to "check on it". No supervisors were out in the dining room, and there was a line of people at the register at this point just waiting to speak to one of them about various issues. Another 10 minutes went by (by this time it is 8:30). The supervisor that did eventually come out was not the same one as before, and he again disappeared into the kitchen to "check on it". A few minutes later I finally got the meal, delivered by the first supervisor. I was highly disappointed in the service and the lack of supervision/customer care. 

However, the burger was juicy and flavorful and the tots hot and quite good.

That being said, I think I will wait a few months before returning.

Opening weekend @pianoman and I had a similar experience, but it was remedied a little quicker than your experience. 

We both ordered the London Bridge...mine was without the cole slaw and his was completely plain. I received mine and it had the slaw on it...so I asked to have it fixed...it took forever to get it fixed....Pianoman's order came out as it would without being plain...he sent it back....it came back before mine I believe and it had cheese on it....he doesn't eat cheese so it went back again..mine came out from a 2nd supervisor...mine was fine...Pianoman's finally came out plain...and then we had another order come out completely plain...like what? 

I understand how it can be overwhelming in the kitchen but it definitely seems as if there is minimal communication between the ordering system, those preparing the food and those delivering the food. 

I hope that it continues to improve. Our experience was a little blip and I'll definitely go back (I went back an additional time since then). 

My biggest suggestion would be to let Guest Services know your experience...they take feedback seriously...they send the feedback to the management over that area and I'd assume with food it would reach Chef Nate and Chef Major if it's a consistent thing.

3 hours ago, Creed Bratton said:

My biggest suggestion would be to let Guest Services know your experience...they take feedback seriously...they send the feedback to the management over that area and I'd assume with food it would reach Chef Nate and Chef Major if it's a consistent thing.

I find this difficult to believe.  They have to know 90% of the food is bad.  I really wish they allowed picnic lunches.

1 hour ago, AnyPancakes said:

I find this difficult to believe.  They have to know 90% of the food is bad.  I really wish they allowed picnic lunches.

A few bad experiences does not coincide with 90% bad food. Not liking the food offerings does not make it bad either. 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, AnyPancakes said:

I've come to learn that when I stopped comparing the efforts/quality to upscale restaurants and even resorts...my opinion changed. 

I will say, nothing will change when people only talk about the legitimate issues they have at the park when all they do is post about it on a website. 

14 hours ago, Creed Bratton said:

I've come to learn that when I stopped comparing the efforts/quality to upscale restaurants and even resorts...my opinion changed. 

I don’t think it should be upscale. I don’t even want Chipotle or Five Guys quality. But when paying $14 for a cheese burger, I do expect it to be at least as good as McDonald’s dollar menu cheeseburger. I’ve talked with guest services about this.

I really like the food at the coney bbq. I don’t think I’ve ever had a bad meal from there. I should just stick to it. 

It was so nice for the first couple seasons when RHoFG first opened to sit down and be waited on (I usually sat at the bar and got great service) during a visit to KI.  It just must be terribly difficult to sustain that type of service.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AnyPancakes said:

I don’t think it should be upscale. I don’t even want Chipotle or Five Guys quality. But when paying $14 for a cheese burger, I do expect it to be at least as good as McDonald’s dollar menu cheeseburger. I’ve talked with guest services about this.

I really like the food at the coney bbq. I don’t think I’ve ever had a bad meal from there. I should just stick to it. 

Agreed, the only hamburger I find edible is at jukebox, everywhere else's burgers taste funny

20 hours ago, Creed Bratton said:

I will say, nothing will change when people only talk about the legitimate issues they have at the park when all they do is post about it on a website. 

It’s funny. Just for fun I looked at the park’s last Facebook post about the Brewhouse. Many had a great experience, some did not. Some liked the change, some preferred Reds. It was very reminiscent of this thread actually. When the moderators don’t audit everything that’s posted on the site then differing opinions tend to happen. 

Also, it’s going to take time to retrain people in the manner in which they can take issues up with the location’s supervisors, and if still not satisfied take it to guest services. Don’t forget that until very recently the leadership in that department was either unwilling or unable to affect change when there were sweeping issues that were very evident. Most of that leadership is gone now, but some remains. Also, if you had a dining experience a few years ago then what exactly would you tell GS? The lines are long, the employees are rude, the food is bad, and the prices are high? That was the experience for a lot of people for many years. If their first experience this year is negative then they are just going to assume that things hadn’t changed. 

• Like 1

I liked the Big Bacon when I ate the Brewhouse. But I get the sense that it is intended as a different experience from the rest. The majority of the diners at the park cater to the needs of an amusement park: high traffic, fast food. Personally, I haven't had any food at the park that was below McDonalds' quality*, and I really have enjoyed the past several dining installations (Chicken Shack, Smokehouse, Coney BBQ, Brewhouse). 

For me, I think the issue is price. IMO, the Big Bacon was worth $14, but a number of meals at the park aren't. If the park charged a more reasonable price for two slices of pizza and a breadstick, people may feel less inclined to complain. Another thing that might help is the park offered traditional amusement park food, such as corn dogs and hot dogs, for reasonable prices. 

*Although LaRosa's at the park is well below LaRosa's stellar quality. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joshua said:

For me, I think the issue is price. IMO, the Big Bacon was worth $14, but a number of meals at the park aren't. If the park charged a more reasonable price for two slices of pizza and a breadstick, people may feel less inclined to complain. Another thing that might help is the park offered traditional amusement park food, such as corn dogs and hot dogs, for reasonable prices.

I think the problem with the price of the chain food such as LaRosa's or Chic-fil-a is that not only does KI have to make money off of it, so does Chic-fil-a.  Which is why prices for these are basically double what it is on the outside.  Whereas Reds, and now Brewhouse are run strictly by KI.  The food cost would be the same, but there are not as many pocketbooks to fill with the profit as with the chains.  So Brewhouse can offer quality choices for prices competitive with the rest of the quick service options, because KI is the only brand that has to make a profit and they aren't having to pay royalties or a percentage or whatever it is that they pay to Chic-Fil-A or LaRosa's.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MonteCristo said:

I think the problem with the price of the chain food such as LaRosa's or Chic-fil-a is that not only does KI have to make money off of it, so does Chic-fil-a.  Which is why prices for these are basically double what it is on the outside.  Whereas Reds, and now Brewhouse are run strictly by KI.  The food cost would be the same, but there are not as many pocketbooks to fill with the profit as with the chains.  So Brewhouse can offer quality choices for prices competitive with the rest of the quick service options, because KI is the only brand that has to make a profit and they aren't having to pay royalties or a percentage or whatever it is that they pay to Chic-Fil-A or LaRosa's.

I'm not so sure that KI has to split profits with Skyline and LaRosa's.  They are listed as sponsors, so do they pay to be in the park?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I'm not so sure that KI has to split profits with Skyline and LaRosa's.  They are listed as sponsors, so do they pay to be in the park?

I would assume they pay to have their name in the park, as for profit I would assume they would spit it with KI but with KI making most of the profit. 

3 hours ago, DonnaFan said:

Do any of the LaRosa's in the park offer salads? My mother loves them at the regular restaurant but I didn't see any at the one near the front entrance.

They all do, but I think they only have a limited number.

I know they are supposed to have at least a Chef's Salad and usually 1 other. They do tend to look a bit wilted by the end of the day, and I've never seen them put more out before.

Pro: I street la Rosa moved the soda machines to after the cash registers, so it doesn't slow down the line of people want to fill up drinks.
Con: the new machines have no water option. So they stopped doing water cups. Really frustrating that someone made a conscious choice to remove free water from this location.

I rarely do this, but I complained to guest services, and they were equally shocked that free water has been removed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Confused 1

My wife and I tried the Brewhouse tonight. She had the chicken tenders and I had the Texas Bahn Mi. The tenders were fine. The Texas Bahn Mi was fine. But just fine (and probably overpriced). We will have to try some other menu items on our next trip.

For now, it seems like a nice addition that will provide value for the park. We don't view it as a must-have after our first visit - maybe that will change.

I ate at the Coney Island BBQ for the first time this year last night.  I had the ribs with a side collard greens. Both were really good. They really have their rib recipe down.

When checking out I saw they had two really good looking entre salads in the cooler. Both were $10.  The cashier told me they were not part of the dining plan.  I may have to pony up the $ for one next time. I’m always on the look out for a healthy option. 

My wife and I did the dining plan and have had 10 meals at the park this year between the two of us.  The quality has been good.  On of the bonuses of the dining plan is we get to try things we normally wouldn't.  I hjad the chance to try the Impossible burger yesterday and it is fantastic.  I'm not vegan (or vegetarian) by any means, but I will definitely be getting it again.  I was on the edge about the cucumbers but they actually give the feeling of pickles without affecting the taste of the mustard.  A must try, especially for anyone on the dining plan.

Compliments to Chef Major! 

^ I think that’s where they’re going wrong with the marketing of the Impossible Burger. They’re really hammering on it being a Vegan option and while it is, it’s not only an interesting option for people who keep Vegan. It really does taste like meat, and depending on why somebody is Vegan, that factor may be quite unappealing. They really should focus at least as much on people who like and eat meat, but want something a little healthier or environmentally friendly than meat, or just something new and different. 

I feel like if you gave the burger to someone and didn’t tell them what it was, they would likely recognize the texture (it’s got a smooth almost creaminess) and color (it’s too red/pink) was different than most burgers, but I don’t think their first (or even third) conclusion would be that it is meatless.

• Like 2

E75C774D-52EF-4546-841F-E00DD0F650BF.jpeg

Rough day to be a food person.

Looks like the rain created some pent up demand which finally popped today - the first nice operating day of the season. Lines for food were spilling out of the buildings for much of the day. 

Hopefully they get things sorted out because with any luck more days will look like today than they did Friday this season.

I agree with the posts concerning price v. expectations. I used to complain that everything to eat at KI was $8. They fixed that, everything is $14!

That said, I visited the new Brewhouse. Had the Big Bacon and found everything hot and fresh. It's price, but seemed made to order and very quick (about 15 minutes). I hope the draft selection broadens a bit, but overall I loved it and I'll be back.

This has the potential to be a huge homerun, thanks KI!

• Like 1

Had 2 meals on Sunday, which was a very busy day at the park with all of the after prom kids.  Went to Coney BBQ at around 12:30 which I had not tried yet since it has been in the park.  There was no wait at all, we walked right in and were served immediately.  Service was good.  I had the pulled pork and corn on the cob.  My brother got the ribs and the Fried potato things.  They weren't quite fries but not really tots either and I don't remember what they are called on the menu.  Temperature-wise my pork was somewhere between cold and lukewarm.  Didn't mind eating it with the mustard based bbq which i thought was pretty good. All around decent flavor.  The corn was charred, cold and flavorless.  Pretty much like an ear of corn was shucked, put on the grill a bit too long and then taken off and set aside for a while.  No work put into it at all.  

I sampled a bite of my brother's ribs.  Good flavor.  But also barely above room temp.  His Fries, whatever they are called there, were a bit warmer. Not hot by any stretch of the imagination, but still not too bad and I thought was a unique menu item, and if they were served hot I think would be a great side. 

I'd give Coney BBQ maybe 3 Stars out of 5 for good potential and a bump for the quick and friendly service. 

Had the Potato Works chicken tender basket later on.  Not much of a line, and the food came out quickly.  Interaction with the staff was not pleasant, but was not bad either.   Chicken Tenders were warm.  It was nice to have a hot sauce option as well as the bbq.  Tenders were just ok.  Almost seems like a Banquet Meal brand tender just fried up, not really impressive at all.  Fries were nice and hot.  No seasoning on them at all though. Not sure if that is normal or not. You'd think nice big hot fries like that would have sea salt put on them, maybe a bit of pepper or something.  But completely flavorless.  And the iodized salt packets are almost undeserving of being put on these fries that could be otherwise glorious.  Needs sea salt put on right after being pulled from fryer.  I'd Give Potato Works a 2 out of 5 stars for the idea that Chicken Tenders so generic makes a $14 meal and the Fries were bland and disappointing without smathering them in Ketchup which i would generally prefer to avoid doing. So yeah, that was my dining experience Sunday.

I went to the brew house on the first day.  The burger was great and so was the beer I had.  My issue is it will always be frantic with the current set up.  The food servers have no way of knowing where you are sitting, and will have to struggle to find you.  They also have no real way of knowing how much seating is available when they take your order.  I know they want to get more people in and out, but I feel it would improve everything if they went back to a restaurant style of eating. 

On another note, if they do expand X-Base to include food, I would like to see them bring a Chickies and Petes down to KI. 

4 hours ago, Firehawk44 said:

I went to the brew house on the first day.  The burger was great and so was the beer I had.  My issue is it will always be frantic with the current set up.  The food servers have no way of knowing where you are sitting, and will have to struggle to find you.  They also have no real way of knowing how much seating is available when they take your order.  I know they want to get more people in and out, but I feel it would improve everything if they went back to a restaurant style of eating. 

On another note, if they do expand X-Base to include food, I would like to see them bring a Chickies and Petes down to KI. 

I'm conflicted with the style of set up...I like the order and sit down, not feeling as if you have to tip a server....but I dislike the "order ___" and waving them down. 

Yes please! I'll take an order of Crab Fries!