2019 Meals and Restau...RANTs

Stoan

As has been the case in previous years, many food stands and drink stations are not fully operational until after Memorial Day.  Maybe a staffing issue, but on a warm day having limited food/drink options when the park is busy on a regularly scheduled operational day leaves many guests frustrated.  Be sure to stop at customer service on the way out and leave your feedback on lack of dining/drink options.

12 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

To be clear, I don’t think that this came from a disagreement with the Reds or anything like that. Reds debuted in 2013, so last year would have been 5 years - likely the length of the license. Probably when it was up for renewal the park just decided to go a different direction so they could market it as being new since the menu was being redone anyway.

My apologies, I should've elaborated a little further with my post. I didn't mean to insinuate there was any discord/dissatisfaction between the Reds and Kings Island. While I waited in line for the Brewhouse on Preview Night, one of the higher ups was there (the assistant chef I believe, according to the bartender that night) mingling with the guests. When the gentleman behind me asked about the change, the higher up mentioned the Reds license was expiring. The impression I got was what you just described. Sometimes licenses run out and companies decide to try something new. :) 

• Like 1

Went to the Brewhouse last night, place was just as empty as the rest of the park.

I got the 3 Little Pig sliders. The pulled pork is exactly the same as the Coney BBQ pulled pork, only less of it. The tots were actually pretty good, nice and crispy.

I tried the brew house with my family today. The only complaint I have is that there was only one cashier.  It took a half hour to order. But our food was up in 15 minutes. 

I had the wedge salad and smoked chicken wings.  The wings were good. The salad was excellent, but way too big. It came with an entire head of ice berg. 

My wife enjoyed the burger.  My kids enjoyed the tenders.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thatguyfromohio said:

99c6f591c5ac0103924b63f9a12b9339.jpg
If I could add a restaurant from another park, I would have to add Chickies and Pete’s at Cedar Point. Amazing. They also have philly cheese steaks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YES!!!! I love chickie's!

We did Brewhouse on Saturday. The line to get in was long, but we found out that you can eat and order at the bar, so we went and sat at the bar and ordered. Had clucks and barrels, and was not disappointed at all!! Took about an hour all in, but we drank a few beers while we were there. 

My family went to the Brewhouse yesterday and it was a great experience. I was surprised to see that they opted for ordering at a counter instead of tableside but this made for a very efficient operation. It’s essentially the same set-up as McAlisters. The food was fresh and delivered to the table quickly. There was a problem with our meal plan and shout-out to the associates and supervisor for correcting it quickly. We had 2 pub burgers, a big pretzel and the kids chicken tender meal. The burgers did not taste like amusement park burgers (a good thing). My kids are very picky eaters and they loved it. It was nice to be able to sit down and relax to eat while it didn’t take away a big chunk of time. The line to order moved quickly even though it was out the door. The associates also cleared the tables quickly. I watch a lot of Gordon Ramsey shows and it seems they took his advise of keeping the menu simple to showcase what you really do well. This menu would be hard to mess up so I think they have a winner on their hands.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HandsUp said:

Does this mean that it will take less than 45 minutes to get a sandwich from Subway? Woo Hoo!

That better be a good sandwich! I’ve had some less than stellar food experiences at KI but nothing like that. You could drive to the Subway on Kings Mills and be back in 30 minutes tops. Something tells me they don’t take the meal plan though.

I tried the new Brewhouse on Saturday and was happy with my experience. There was a couple at the bar when we sat down that huffed about how we were going to be spending at least an hour there, which to me didn't seem like an outlandish amount of time for a sit down dining experience. We were all in about 1 hour, ate, drank 2 beers each, and were out. The clucks and barrels were good. Chicken was fried well, and the tots were hot and crisp. There were 2 cash registers open when we came in, so it appears that staffing is getting better. No complaints from me, just figured I'd drop a good experience in here to help you see that you're moving forward. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, befat said:

That better be a good sandwich! I’ve had some less than stellar food experiences at KI but nothing like that. You could drive to the Subway on Kings Mills and be back in 30 minutes tops. Something tells me they don’t take the meal plan though.

It was really a sitch that could have been remedied with decent training. The crew was working-quick-they just had no good process in place. I'd mentioned it before, but they were making the sandwiches, wrapping and bagging them--then throwing them in a pile for the cashier to open back up-find the right sandwich, and then ring the guest up! Horribly inefficient but totally correctable. 

6 minutes ago, HandsUp said:

It was really a sitch that could have been remedied with decent training. The crew was working-quick-they just had no good process in place. I'd mentioned it before, but they were making the sandwiches, wrapping and bagging them--then throwing them in a pile for the cashier to open back up-find the right sandwich, and then ring the guest up! Horribly inefficient but totally correctable. 

Wow, just wow. Classic example of the left hand not knowing what the right is doing. Was this the Coney Mall or Soak City location? I’ve never eaten at the Coney one but the Soak City line moves pretty quick as long as both lines are open.

36 minutes ago, befat said:

Was this the Coney Mall or Soak City location?

It was Coney a few weeks back. My wife & I split up since we each have meal plans on our passes. She and my son got BBQ, she ate--then came to check on my daughter and I at Subway, took my spot in line (at this point my sandwich had been sitting in the pile for a few minutes)...I went back to BBQ, ate some BBQ-then she finally made it back. Essentially, in the time they'd been served BBQ and 2 adults had eaten, we finally got out 6 inch sub!

On 5/16/2019 at 8:31 AM, Winterfestguy said:

As has been the case in previous years, many food stands and drink stations are not fully operational until after Memorial Day.  Maybe a staffing issue, but on a warm day having limited food/drink options when the park is busy on a regularly scheduled operational day leaves many guests frustrated.  Be sure to stop at customer service on the way out and leave your feedback on lack of dining/drink options.

When I worked at Kings Island, they would close food stands based off of attendance in the park. They would close stands and send people home on low attendance days. It is not necessarily based off of staffing 100%. 

The Brewhouse line was out the door and twenty people outside today so we didn't even try there. We foolishly did Chick Fil A and took ages and ages. One problem I had both yesterday and today in food lines was teens cutting in. It happened at Chic Fil A and was egregious at Auntie Anne's, where it took me 20 minutes standing in the sun to buy a pretzel. In both instances I'd gotten in line behind a couple teenagers and then a few minutes later a group would descend upon them, joining up and laughing and being jovial. Then they'd stand around and not leave, so I realized they were cutting but I didn't have the nerve to say anything. Of course I was ordering one pretzel and the group of kids each ordered and paid individually and wanted mango smoothies and stuff that took extra time to make. I have a sunburn on my scalp from the hell of that stupid line.