2019 Meals and Restau...RANTs

Stoan

Is it me or did they change the roasting style of the chicken? The skin is paler and the white meat is dry as a desert. I wonder if they dropped the temp and increased the duration, it's not nearly as good as it was last year.

17 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I ate at Panda for the first time this season yesterday.  No chow mein!  They also didn't have teriyaki chicken, which is my favorite.  The sweet fire chicken was pretty good.  Service was quick, portion sizes giant.  

No Chow Mein all season, unfortunately.  They now often have someone loading up rice into the containers, which does help speed up the process.

Just now, BoddaH1994 said:

They now often have someone loading up rice into the containers, which does help speed up the process.

In my experience, this leaves the rice very cold depending on how long it has been sitting. Days when there is a line and the containers don't sit for very long it tends to be less of a problem. 

Just now, DeltaFlyer said:

In my experience, this leaves the rice very cold depending on how long it has been sitting. Days when there is a line and the containers don't sit for very long it tends to be less of a problem. 

Oh, I totally imagine that could be a thing.  Honestly, after eating Panda like it was my job for the past 10 years I'm kind of tired of it so I can't speak to too many experiences.  

6 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

No Chow Mein all season, unfortunately.  They now often have someone loading up rice into the containers, which does help speed up the process.

Yes, that is what the worker told me.  The decision is unfortunate.  I wonder why they decided to do that?

Had a new item last weekend when I was there, because they accidentally brought it by me instead of my pub burger, and I decided that my next meal would be that, because it smelled delicious. The three pigs... highly recommend that one if you haven't had it yet. Really good! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

Had a new item last weekend when I was there, because they accidentally brought it by me instead of my pub burger, and I decided that my next meal would be that, because it smelled delicious. The three pigs... highly recommend that one if you haven't had it yet. Really good! 

And it’s so much food!!!

2 hours ago, lifetimecoaster said:

It really is! It doesn't look like much, 3 little sliders and some tots, but dang, it filled my chunky butt up!! 

Definitely!  My wife got it the last time we went and I couldn't believe how much pork was on each of those sliders!!

Went to the Brewhouse again thought I give it another try. The line was super long and only had one cashier working with 6 people standing around. Took about 20 mins to get the food. Needed a refill on my cup but the line was out the door. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vortex said:

Went to the Brewhouse again thought I give it another try. The line was super long and only had one cashier working with 6 people standing around. Took about 20 mins to get the food. Needed a refill on my cup but the line was out the door. 

That’s the thing I’ve always noticed, the line is almost always out the door and typically there’s only 1 or 2 cash registers. They could definitely use more staffing.

On 6/30/2019 at 10:00 AM, IndyGuy4KI said:

I ate at the Feast of Nations on Friday and thought it was wonderful. The restaurant was beautifully decorated and the view was, as always, spectacular.

D739C1F1-6B88-44AE-BF9C-62E75B520754.jpeg7B78816A-D2F6-443B-AC3D-CD1B54A90DF9.jpeg461FBA87-5905-4704-A587-54F4255A1488.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why is the food at Coney Barbeque always cold?   Is it because the use bowls on hot plates instead of steam tables?    It’s a huge disappointment every time I have eaten there.  They should visit one of Busch’s smokehouses....

8 hours ago, DonnaFan said:

What would be the "healthiest" option in the park? I went today and feel really gross from pizza and fried foods. We're going back tomorrow and ugh, the thought is making my stomach hurt already. What isn't fried or covered in cheese?

Coney BBQ hands down. Non-fried low-processed meats (pulled pork, rotisserie chicken, tri-tip beef), and several vegetable sides. If you don’t want meats at all, you can get three sides instead of a meat and side, still on dining. The corn on the cob, baked sweet potato, and collard greens are all tasty choices if you’re looking for something a little healthier than traditional park fare.

Also as was mentioned, the KI Salad at Brewhouse is fantastic. Mixed greens with a sweet vinegar and oil type dressing, dried cranberries, feta, and peanuts. 

9 hours ago, DonnaFan said:

What would be the "healthiest" option in the park? I went today and feel really gross from pizza and fried foods. We're going back tomorrow and ugh, the thought is making my stomach hurt already. What isn't fried or covered in cheese?

I eat at the Coney BBQ almost every time. Some meat and a side collard greens.  It’s not too filling. It’s not greasy. Its not covered in cheese. It’s very low carb.  The island smoke house has similar offerings  

i also like the antipasto entre salad from Larossas .  You can get a taco salad at Hanks.

Side note- I hate the word healthy because it means something different to everyone. I’m tired of being fat, so I stopped eating carbs, but some people would be appalled by the amount of fat I eat.  Healthy to me is pork rinds and beef jerky, lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnyPancakes said:

I eat at the Coney BBQ almost every time. Some meat and a side collard greens.  It’s not too filling. It’s not greasy. Its not covered in cheese. It’s very low carb.  The island smoke house has similar offerings  

i also like the antipasto entre salad from Larossas .  You can get a taco salad at Hanks.

Side note- I hate the word healthy because it means something different to everyone. I’m tired of being fat, so I stopped eating carbs, but some people would be appalled by the amount of fat I eat.  Healthy to me is pork rinds and beef jerky, lol.

Yep that's why I put quotation marks around healthy. Because some people think pizza is just fine as part of a balanced diet, and it probably is but I felt rotten after LaRosa's and Chick Fil A yesterday. Everyone has their own definition. Some salads would be a calorie explosion over fried nuggets but the fiber would feel better on my tummy than fast food!

• Like 2

On 7/14/2019 at 7:30 AM, DonnaFan said:

Yep that's why I put quotation marks around healthy. Because some people think pizza is just fine as part of a balanced diet, and it probably is but I felt rotten after LaRosa's and Chick Fil A yesterday. Everyone has their own definition. Some salads would be a calorie explosion over fried nuggets but the fiber would feel better on my tummy than fast food!

Did you end up finding something better on Sunday?

2 hours ago, AnyPancakes said:

Did you end up finding something better on Sunday?

My little one only wanted breadsticks so I ended up getting pizza at LaRosa's. I want to try other stuff someday but with a little kid it's hard. It was so crazy hot Sunday! It's going to be even worse this weekend. We've gotten our KI fill for a few weeks.

4 hours ago, DonnaFan said:

I want to try other stuff someday but with a little kid it's hard. 

Choosing a place to eat does get more of a challenge with a little one...the first thought in your head is “Is there anything _____________ can eat there”! :)

• Like 1

I’m coming for just one day, from out of town, & I’m considering buying the all day dining plan for my two sons & me. If I purchase it online, do I need to specify a specific date or does it start the day I activate it at the park? Also, is there a discount on the price of $29.99 per person if you buy more than one? I’m considering sharing two all day dining plans among the three of us, since we can use it every 90 mins. Do you think that would be reasonable? Thanks! 

On 7/13/2019 at 8:35 PM, DonnaFan said:

Bring a cooler with your own food.

• Like 1