KIC Podcast #5: Beast Unleashed Giga Concept

CoastersRZ

Most have watched the Youtube video of "Beast Unleashed", a non official Giga concept making its way across the internet.  This spawned a wave of excitement on social media, the enthusiast community, and even made local news. Kings Island fans believed, and some still believe, the park will be getting "Beast Unleashed" in the next season or two.

This of course, was just an excellent fan made concept that was not associated with the park. In this latest podcast we talk with KIC Member RuthlessAirtime who was the creator of "Beast Unleashed".

Before listening to the podcast, please watch the video if you have not already done so:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV5UyTOezvY

Drop.jpg

kicpod 1.jpg

• Like 3

Kentucky Kingdom info:  the out of state offer for 2019 is $39.95 for two consecutive days and includes free soft drinks both days.  https://shop.kentuckykingdom.com/webstore/shop/viewItems.aspx?cg=outofstate&c=consecday

The park has a maximum height limit of around 210', IIRC.  I think it is in the area by the Viking ship and goes across the road to the empy field behind Kentucky Flier which is part of the park's future expansion area.  (Source:  behind the scenes tour at an enthusiast event)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Somewhat topical question (and maybe this is covered in the podcast (haven't had a chance to listen yet)): why do the B&M gigas utilize the "4-across" trains as opposed to the Diamondback style "stadium" seats?

At one point, I heard that it was to cut down on cost for the stations....the longer the train (with the stadium style seating) the longer the station has to be. 

6 hours ago, Creed Bratton said:

At one point, I heard that it was to cut down on cost for the stations....the longer the train (with the stadium style seating) the longer the station has to be. 

That may be true, but I think that the DB-style seating was also more of a trend for the 2005-10 range and both guests and parks prefer the shorter 4 person across trains.  Otherwise some parks would still spring for it.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

That may be true, but I think that the DB-style seating was also more of a trend for the 2005-10 range 

I could have swore Behemoth that opened in '08 was the one that started that trend...with DB following in '09....followed by Intimidator in '10 and Shambhala in '12. The same year Shambhala opened, B&M brought their first version of a Giga Coaster with Leviathan, utilizing the 4-across seating, Fury 325 also utilized the 4-across seating. The most recent hyper, Mako, opened in 2016 with the 4-across seating as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Creed Bratton said:

I could have swore Behemoth that opened in '08 was the one that started that trend...with DB following in '09....followed by Intimidator in '10 and Shambhala in '12. The same year Shambhala opened, B&M brought their first version of a Giga Coaster with Leviathan, utilizing the 4-across seating, Fury 325 also utilized the 4-across seating. The most recent hyper, Mako, opened in 2016 with the 4-across seating as well.

Right, but what I’m saying is that I think the seating style fell out of favor rather than being unused for cost savings.

Yeah, I had one of my friends tag me in a Facebook post telling me how they are so excited for Beast Unleashed haha

I had to tell her the bad news that it's a fan-made thing linking to the video which had a disclaimer in the description.
I'll listen to this podcast when I have more time later today

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Whens the next podcast? How do we do more frequent pod casts? Is there a person who does them? I have all the equipment to do a really really good sounding podcast. I would love to do a coaster related one. But would need at least two more people to have on and talk with. Idk if anyone would be down or if you mods would want to get something rolling again but id love it. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got no response on this...would anyone tune into a podcast?

Construction updates, Speculation, Questions, Talk parks

Does anyone want to join it and possibly do it with me and have conversation, with live chat and questions.

Ill get it all set up if people would want to do it.

Sorry for no response.  I have topics for future ones.  Hopefully we will have another one recorded soon.  Things got busy, as I work full time at an architectural firm and was working close to 60 hours a week over the summer while also working the final season of rides at Coney.

What things would you like to hear in future podcasts?

• Like 3

On 10/8/2019 at 2:40 PM, CoastersRZ said:

Sorry for no response.  I have topics for future ones.  Hopefully we will have another one recorded soon.  Things got busy, as I work full time at an architectural firm and was working close to 60 hours a week over the summer while also working the final season of rides at Coney.

What things would you like to hear in future podcasts?

There's just so much....

Latest results

Grand Carnivale

Orion

Haunt

Upcoming WF

Regular season look back

Possible Six Flags takeover

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

A new episode will be coming soon.  We already have the subject picked out.  Just need to record the episode.  I know it has been a LONG time since the last episode posted.  We will try and have more frequent episodes.

awesome thank you very much!