GLOCKENSPIEL TO RETURN FOR Kings Island’S 2019 SEASON

nhimes90

“When Kings Island opens to Gold and Platinum Passholders for preview night on April 19th, guests will get a first look at the completely restored characters and new clock at the main Festhaus entrance in the Oktoberfest area of the park.”

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2019/march/glockenspiel-to-return-for-kings-island’s-2019-season

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, super7 said:

Things like this matter in park quality.     Without a doubt, current  mgmt is sending the Taft parks back to the top after they bottomed out during the Paramount years.  

Kind of funny you say that considering Paramount maintained the clocks but I get your point. Although I do wonder if it’s the new CEO or the relatively new GM who is mostly responsible for these recent renovations.

• Like 1

I think Mr. Kootnz has a huge influence, but I also think the reaction to Winterfest has energized the park. I think the company is seeing the value of the investment and furthering it more.

Winterfest has really excited me. I am an old man, but it truly brought back the magic of the KI of my youth. IS seemed alive. Kids may not express it, but the music, smells and sights can be cemented in your mind.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I think Mr. Kootnz has a huge influence, but I also think the reaction to Winterfest has energized the park. I think the company is seeing the value of the investment and furthering it more.

Winterfest has really excited me. I am an old man, but it truly brought back the magic of the KI of my youth. IS seemed alive. Kids may not express it, but the music, smells and sights can be cemented in your mind.

Winterfest is my favorite time to go to the park.

• Like 3

Wow! To quote Josh Groban's Believe (sung by Tinker in Tinker's Toy Factory) "There's so much to celebrate". They are really stepping it up with all these "little" improvements that will surely make a big impact on the overall experience. Makes me wonder what "little" improvement will be announced next! I'm sure this site will be hoppin' come Opening Day with all the excitement about any new surprises the park might have in store! :D

• Like 1

My Lord they are not only knocking the ball out of the park... they are hitting the moon.  I cannot tell you how much the restorative effort they are putting into the park means to me, us, all.  I am so glad to know KI is finally in the hands of those that cherish, respect and honor it's past as much as its future.  APPLAUSE!!!

• Like 11

Its little improvements/restorations like this that make Kings Island special.  Hopefully they continue to update things like this.  I am excited that they have spent the time, money and energy to make this happen!  Truly a wise investment that will help create memories for scores of Cincinnatians and tourists alike!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, nhimes90 said:

“When Kings Island opens to Gold and Platinum Passholders for preview night on April 19th, guests will get a first look at the completely restored characters and new clock at the main Festhaus entrance in the Oktoberfest area of the park.”

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2019/march/glockenspiel-to-return-for-kings-island’s-2019-season

From the article-"A place where families can come together and create memories while eating together or enjoying a show." Or, in reality, a bland food court filled with noisy people, dim lighting and loud blaring music on occasion.

From the article-"A place where families can come together and create memories while eating together or enjoying a show." Or, in reality, a bland food court filled with noisy people, dim lighting and loud blaring music on occasion.
Well aren't you pleasant.

haha! I get that its his job to fluff up the article, but really, how many families are making memories inside that building? Outside-totally love the rehab and think it will make for fun photo ops.  All of us know, though, that the theming long ago stopped at the door ;).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Yeah, it’s time to focus on the interior BIG TIME. more color, more light,food that makes sense ( Asian in a German food hall?) either make it MORE international with more ethnicities offered, or go all in non branded, non franchise and get away from average food branded from the “outside world”. And why do we always have country shows in the German area? Why is that not in a new, purpose build venue in rivertown. ( hey, there’s a big tall building that’s air conditioned that might work as a theatre) 

3 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I love the renovations that we are seeing this off season. A big ride is nice, but these little things make a big impact as well. To me they are just as appreciated!

I could not agree more. I want a 500 foot tall coaster, I really do, but this is the kind of stuff that I can now bring my kids to a park I enjoyed as a child and point out and say "Daddy thought this was so cool when I was your age". These are those memories that most of us have of KI, and the types of things that you get to see all over again through the eyes of your own kiddos. Huge thanks to KI for seemingly doing most of what is being begged for on the forum!! 

• Like 3