GLOCKENSPIEL TO RETURN FOR Kings Island’S 2019 SEASON

nhimes90

17 minutes ago, PKIVortex said:

I'm loving what the park is doing. Just when you think they are done announcing new things they pull something else out of their sleeve.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I wonder if there will be any other surprises they have in store for us. Not getting my hopes up but at this rate who knows what else they have done!

• Like 2

This looks amazing, I had long ago given up on this ever being fixed and assumed it would never return.  Between this, the festival this summer, and the Internal Street renovations, I am really starting to look forward to spending the summer at Kings Island in a way I was not expecting at the end of last year.  I figured this would be a slow year with just the antique cars and I am very happy to say I was wrong.

I would love to see some interior renovations, mostly because I would like to see more food options, I feel like a third restaurant should be possible with some minor building expansion.  I really want to see a harmony hall style food court but that feels unlikely, but then so did the return of the glockenspiel.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Creed Bratton said:

I find it really interesting that after Mike Koontz became GM/VP of KI we're getting all these awesome renovations. Truly feels as if we've got someone in leadership that really cares about the park, the history and the like. 

Mr Koontz is doing an amazing job! In addition, it seems as though this new emphasis on theming, atmosphere, and restoration may be more chain wide. Worlds of Fun just announced similar changes, including theming enhancements across the park, which I’m guessing will help take guests back into the classic Jules Verne story it was originally themed after:

https://www.worldsoffun.com/blog/2019/cotton-blossom-bbq-new-2019

Amazing things are happening with Cedar Fair.

• Like 4

Yeah I think this is chain wide,  maybe its more noticeable at Ki, because the park used to be more of a theme park then an amusement park.  It probably also has to do with Matt Ouimet and his vision for Cedar Fair, and they're continuing his vision.  I like it!!!!  

• Like 1

As much as I love hearing about the on goings of park, and the blog post was beautifully written, I kind of wish they left this a secret for us to discover on opening day. I have to be honest. I thought 2019 was going to be a non-eventful Kings Island season. I was not thrilled for the antique cars, and have been waiting for the big roller coaster announcement. However as the time has gone by, and the announcements of International Street Renovation, new eateries, and now a Glockenspiel return I am very excited to see everything. I am going to pay closer attention to the details. Hats off to Kings Island management for paying attention to the little details that make Kings Island such a wonderful place for us all. 

• Like 3

This is another example of why I love Kings Island so much, it is not just about the rides, it's also the atmosphere. Thanks to everyone that made this happen!

(As for the inside, I am perfectly happy with the decor and the level of the lighting... I do wish they would turn down the volume on the shows to make it a little more tolerable...it's not the quality of the shows, it's the volume that drives us away sometimes.)

• Like 4

I think the return of nostalgia at the park all started when Top Gun/Flight Deck was renamed The Bat. Then the theming of Banshee and Mystic Timbers, the return of the Antique Cars, the Glockenspiel at Festhaus, International Street renovations, The Beast’s trains original colors and now the paw prints! I’ve never been this excited to go this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

3 hours ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

I think the return of nostalgia at the park all started when Top Gun/Flight Deck was renamed The Bat. Then the theming of Banshee and Mystic Timbers, the return of the Antique Cars, the Glockenspiel at Festhaus, International Street renovations, The Beast’s trains original colors and now the paw prints! I’ve never been this excited to go this year!

Don’t forget the return of Winterfest also. That’s a big one.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I know there used to be a fountain in front of the Festhaus. But this planter in new for 2019 isn't it?

Ironically the old fountain was converted into a planter (likely late 1990s), then was removed in 2011... and now a new planter has been returned to that area.

On 4/18/2019 at 3:18 PM, TombraiderTy said:

Ironically the old fountain was converted into a planter (likely late 1990s), then was removed in 2011... and now a new planter has been returned to that area.

I wonder if the pipeworks are still down there.

I'd guess they are.

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I wonder if the pipeworks are still down there.

I'd guess they are.

Would be cool if they reused one on the old fountain pedestals (repainted and way dialed back) for a fountain there as a nod to the past in a few ways. 

3 hours ago, chuck norris said:

Stood outside the fest haus waiting for noon... Nothing happened.

Has anyone seen it "animate"?

We were out there too.  Nothing :(  Oh well, I'm sure we will see it later in the season.

I was over there at 2 different times, I think I was there today around 2PM and again at 6PM and nothing happened either of those times I was over there. Seems to be hit and miss. Looks like they have some kinks to work out.