Looking at doing a 2-3 day mini trip to Dollywood and the surrounding area.  A day at dollywood, another day or 2 doing whatever else.  2 adults, 3 kids (10,6,3, though perhaps 11,7,3 at the time of visit if that makes a difference).

Any recs on where to stay (dollywood resort is one option), things to do aside from dollywood.

TIA

Also doing a trip down that way in a few weeks.

There are cabins/condos out the wazoo.

There is an insane amount of stuff to do in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlingburg area.  It's basically a tourist trap, like Myrtle Beach.

Lots of cool easy hikes in Smoky Mountain National Park.

I did the Smoky Mountain Alpine coaster last Sunday after Dollywood closed. Definitely worth a try- very fun and faster/longer than I expected. Look for a groupon to save 25% off the tickets. 

12 minutes ago, medford said:

airBnB was my first thought, I've never rented thru that; honestly a little Leary though I really shouldn't be.

I've rented through AirBNB multiple times.  My friends rents his place out on there.  It's a pretty secure system.

Visiting the area for the first time in early June for a week... Will obv be hitting Dollywood, and will make a swing over to Knoxville to catch a minor league baseball game, but with a week to fill, any other suggestions are very welcome... Dinner shows, rainy day activities, funky giftshops, awesome putt, great places to eat, historical sites, anything you can think of...

10 hours ago, Honorarius said:

Visiting the area for the first time in early June for a week... Will obv be hitting Dollywood, and will make a swing over to Knoxville to catch a minor league baseball game, but with a week to fill, any other suggestions are very welcome... Dinner shows, rainy day activities, funky giftshops, awesome putt, great places to eat, historical sites, anything you can think of...

Do you like tourist trap attractions? I know that sounds funny, but there are tons! I definitely will get my recommendations for the area up here soon for you all.

26 minutes ago, Creed Bratton said:

Do you like tourist trap attractions? I know that sounds funny, but there are tons! I definitely will get my recommendations for the area up here soon for you all.

That's the problem, there are so many, I don't know which ones are worth the time/money and which are a waste...