What can my pregnant Fiencé ride at Kings Island?

kingsislandfan1972

Well its official earlier this week we found out that we are going to have a baby, which was a big suprise for the both of us and we are both really excited. :D In towards the end of May will be her 3rd month, my question for everyone is what can she ride at Kings Island, and is there any advice or tips you can give us?

This is from 2017, but you can get the picture 

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/binaries/content/assets/ki-en-us/general-information/help/ki17-257-guest-assistance-guide-revised_v2.pdf

Carousel, Boo Blasters, and the train would be safe. All of the coasters and big thrill rides advise against riding pregnant. 

It would be safest for her to get further advice from her doctor on whether and how far into pregnancy any of the other rides may be considered low risk, for her. 

• Like 1

Congrats! 

Third month, at least she probably won't be miserable walking around the park. But there's not a ton to do for pregnant women at Kings Island. 

A few years back, my wife was pregnant with our second child and we made the trip to KI from Detroit when she was eight months pregnant (we would have cancelled, but this was for my son). She could ride Boo Blasters, the carousel and the Eiffel Tower and...that's about it. We even tried to head to Water Works so she could do the lazy river; nope, she got kicked out of that, too. Add to the fact that it was hot and, oh yeah, she was eight months pregnant, at it was pretty miserable. 

But! At three months, the discomfort is usually not as high! And if your fiancee is okay sitting out rides, there's still so many shows to see, places to eat, things to do. Should still be a fun trip (just don't be the jerk that I was and run off to ride a few rides while she sits by the fountain eating LaRosa's.) 

Congratulations!   The best thing is to ask your dr and abide by the signs at the rides. My wife was pregnant last season and she road the merry go rounds train and the Effiel tower. She didn’t ride anything outside of that. We use Kings Island for a lot of our date nights and she was a real trooper when dealing with all the dirty looks while waiting in line with me. 

When my wife was 6 months pregnant we went to Tweetsie Railroad and the local County Fair, she rode anything and everything she wanted. The Zipper, Round-Up, Tornado, Musik Express, Chairlift, Skycoaster.  

11 years later and the only side effects was the child is a coaster enthusiast and isn’t scared of any ride at Carowinds. 

• Like 4

I would always play it safe. I'm currently in my first year of medical school, and there is just so many things at stake. I would stick to rides with no fast motion at all. To be honest, if I were you I would only ride rides such as the train if anything. 

But that's a question for your physician. Not any of us. Stuff like that is not worth taking a risk on! Congratulations to you and your wife!

My wife is currently 28 weeks pregnant with our second child.  So she will not be able to ride anything until around the end of July/August (they advise you to wait six weeks after giving birth to resume normal activities.  As others have said, the Eiffel Tower, and KI&MVRR are her staples.  She also enjoys the shows and we utilize the meal plan. 

When my wife was pregnant with our first, we had just found out we were expecting, and we were going on a trip to Disneyland after my cousin`s wedding in Pheonix, AZ.  She couldn`t ride all the rides, but still enjoyed the visit.  So now she can take our son to Planet Snoopy while I go hop on a coaster.

My mom always tells me the story of her riding the eagles while she was pregnant with me and how those were my first ride because it was all that she could ride lol. Woodstock Gliders should be ok since they're basically the same thing! y'all could also hit up the shows at the park! they're a fun time  

All the "my mom rode The Beast"s and "my wife rode everything"s are all great, but neither you nor the OP know if there will be complications with the pregnancy. This is definitely a time to follow her doctor's instructions.

Also, based on my reading of the statute concerning filming on a ride, it would technically be illegal for her to ride anything marked as prohibited for pregnant guests. 

2 minutes ago, 139Signal27 said:

Ope sorry. Let me just turn on my magical sarcasm detector...

Yeah you need to turn that on. because if you didn't get the joke I'm worried for you.  

I'm sure they looked at my post and said oh, Luvingki says we can ride it all so we will.. if you ain't trolling,  you ain't got no sense

Last time

Good luck

Just now, LuvingKI said:

Yeah you need to turn that on. because if you didn't get the joke I'm worried for you.  

I'm sure they looked at my post and said oh, Luvingki says we can ride it all so we will.. if you ain't trolling,  you ain't got no sense

I think the bigger issue is that there are people out there who actually think that. 

• Like 1

Just now, 139Signal27 said:

I think the bigger issue is that there are people out there who actually think that. 

If that's the case and I thought they actually thought that, I wouldn't say that... but kingsislandfan isn't no rookie to rides and definitely wouldn't take my joke of advice. He's been on here far longer then me.. 

My post was meant to be nothing more then just a funny..