•  

Area Manager Live Entertainment

Posted Date5 days ago(4/6/2019 6:04 PM)
    Position Type

Regular Full-Time

Category

Entertainment Shows

Overview

Assist with leading entertainment crews in the successful completion of installs and show runs. This position supports the day to day operation of the Entertainment Division

This is not necessarily an endorsement or advertisement of this position.

I mention this due to the interest in the fact that the Live E department is, in fact, growing. According to @Jes on LinkedIn, the team is getting bigger so that squashes  any thought that this means someone else has departed.

Why is this significant? Live E has gone from one person to two and now three in the past 5 years. This is an implication that a greater emphasis maybe made on the live shows. This also is likely resulting from the emphasis on festivals and events - which is exciting in its own regard.

What are your thoughts on this? Where would you like to see the entertainment department in the next 3 years?

https://careers-cedarfair.icims.com/jobs/5180/area-manager-live-entertainment/job?mobile=true&needsRedirect=false

• Like 2

It actually doesn’t surprise me to see KI focusing more on entertainment, due to the popularity of the Cirque shows and all of the entertainment at Winterfest, along with the current emphasis on nostalgia (shows used to be much more of a selling point for the park).

The thing I would be most interested in the park adding is roaming entertainment. There have been at least a couple attempts on that front in the past few years (the KI Five, the KI Paint Department improvisational drummers) but for reasons unknown to me they fizzled. I personally enjoyed those attempts quite a bit so I don’t think “lack of quality” were the reasons they apparently failed or were cancelled. The roaming entertainment at Winterfest has also been quite enjoyable. 

• Like 3

•  

Area Manager Live Entertainment

Location : LocationUS-OH-Cincinnati Posted Date5 days ago(4/6/2019 6:04 PM)
    Position Type

Regular Full-Time

Category

Entertainment Shows

Overview

Assist with leading entertainment crews in the successful completion of installs and show runs. This position supports the day to day operation of the Entertainment Division
    This is not necessarily an endorsement or advertisement of this position.
    I mention this due to the interest in the fact that the Live E department is, in fact, growing. According to [mention=11516]Jes[/mention] on LinkedIn, the team is getting bigger so that squashes  any thought that this means someone else has departed.
    Why is this significant? Live E has gone from one person to two and now three in the past 5 years. This is an implication that a greater emphasis maybe made on the live shows. This also is likely resulting from the emphasis on festivals and events - which is exciting in its own regard.
    What are your thoughts on this? Where would you like to see the entertainment department in the next 3 years?

https://careers-cedarfair.icims.com/jobs/5180/area-manager-live-entertainment/job?mobile=true&needsRedirect=false

They are adding more roles in a lot of departments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk