Ride Wait Times 2019 Season

IndyGuy4KI

Looks pretty busy today. Praise be to the Fastpass!

Can't seem to find the DB thread, but it was closed for a bit early in the morning. After riding MT and Beast it did seem to be running. Funny I saw them testing empty trains as I rode The Beast, so the whole time I was distracted hoping it'd open ha ha. Rode it back-to-back when I saw that. Both times since I'm a perpetual single rider I/the guy I shared the row with were asked if we minded. Can't recall that happening too often this season.

The only lengthy wait I had with FP was on Delirium. I rode it right when it opened at 10 (so maybe the 2nd or 3rd train) but came back around 1 and FP was backed up pretty far. From where I was standing it almost seemed like it would've been quicker as GP, but that's because they were looping in their own maze. All the 'big boy' coasters had pretty large lines. Probably the longest line I've ever seen for Banshee since I started going this season. Up until today I wasn't sure if season-long FP was worth it. Maybe not before July, but if today is anything like it'll be until Labor Day... yeah I'm glad I went all in.

Been going nearly every weekend since the park opened (think I only missed opening due to the weather) but may change that up and go on the 4th going by the current discussion. Busy or not never really influences me, but I got the day off work so why not?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Oh really? May have to reconsider my July 4th plans I always just assumed it would be slammed as hell.

Two things:

1) I was not at the park last year, but I watched the webcams like a hawk out of curiosity to plan for this year.  Diamondback was basically a walk-on until at least 1-2pm as I recall. I think crowds increased as the afternoon and evening wore on, but nothing crazy.

2) I have no idea what will happen this year.  (Although I'm guessing based on the forecast and the holiday that it won't be busy early in the morning. But that's just a total guess!)

We're going! We won't stay till fireworks, probably leave around 2 or 3pm, but we'll be there hoping to get many rides in over the course of 4-6 hours.

3 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

2) I have no idea what will happen this year.  (Although I'm guessing based on the forecast and the holiday that it won't be busy early in the morning. But that's just a total guess!) 

I'd also like to take a trip out there but the wife has other plans for us this year. I really hope it's a great day for you though! I'd be prepared for it to possibly be busy just because the park has really been slammed lately.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, McSalsa said:

^

Not at the park, but via the wbecams, Diamondback looks like a 15-20 minute wait. So it probably isn't too packed, unless everyone has gone to Soak City.

App puts most things around 15 - 25 and Diamondback does look around 20. Soak City did look crowded and the park feels busy overall although the lines don't look too bad atm.

Park today was busy, but not bad. 

DB was 12 min wait

Votex walk on 

FOF was 35 min wait

MT was 5 min wait 

Banshee walk on

Soak City wave pools were packed and the tube slides had long wait, but all other water slides we only waited around 5 min each 

• Like 2

Kinda but mostly waterpark apparently. Mystic was 20 minutes. Now about 2 ride...BEAST!

Update: No! Beast is down!!! 

Update 2: Beast back!

Update 3: But now DB is down. Beast was already 20-30 minutes when I got off...I waited 1 cycle.

• Like 1

Extreme heat waves are typically a good time to visit the park without long lines, as long as you stay hydrated and are careful not to over-exert yourself.

The longest line at the park tomorrow will probably be White Water Canyon.

• Like 2