Ride Wait Times 2019 Season

IndyGuy4KI

I can say from my experience this year between CP and KI has been IMO short wait times when we have went and it's been on Saturdays.  I think my longest wait has been MT the first time we went this season which was around an hour and a half.  Thus far everything else has been 15 to 20 minute max.  Scratch that, I believe Steel Vengeance may have been 45 minutes to an hour, but had to walk of shame off of it "due to the nature of the restraints".  I'm a big guy, I get it.  

• 2 weeks later...

KI is PACKED! 

Flight of Fear earlier hit 3hrs. Line went all the way out to where the ground changes to black.

Invertigo we waited for 1hr 20min.

The Bat was 1hr 40min

Vortex line all the way out to juke box diner right after rain around 330.

Flying aces kid ride hit just over 1hr..

We are about to wait for Diamondback but this is how it's going to be next year.

We're getting the APFLPs for $849. This giga just going to make it worse.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, brent said:

Don’t forget today was free day for health care workers. TONS of park comps today. Was there and still had fun doing “little things” with the kids.

Healthcare represents 13% of the total workforce in Ohio, 12% nationally. Think about that for a minute. Nearly 275,000 people in the Cincinnati metro area alone are eligible for free admission this weekend.   That dwarfs first responders and military combined and they all get free admission this weekend PLUS lowest ticket prices of the season for friends and family.  

6 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

Healthcare represents 13% of the total workforce in Ohio, 12% nationally. Think about that for a minute. Nearly 275,000 people in the Cincinnati metro area alone are eligible for free admission this weekend.   That dwarfs first responders and military combined and they all get free admission this weekend PLUS lowest ticket prices of the season for friends and family.  

Plus PLUS the first weekend 2020 on sale with unlimited 2019 visits (why we were there last night) so yeah, busy day yesterday. 

• Like 1

After attending this year as many times as we have it seemed like the shortest wait times were earlier in the season... We went Memorial Day weekend as our first visit and was pleasantly surprised with the 10 to 15 minute wait times for almost everything, save for MT which was around 45... The longest we've waited all season were yesterday and last saturday... Yesterday we got to the park for Rope drop and were able to get to Banshee first with around 10 minutes, and The Bat was walk on... We tried for Inverigo as were already over there but it was down at the start of the day... We ended up getting on DB and it was a little over an hour... After that the lines got stupid long so we decided to get in a showing of Gravity during the rain as we wouldn't be making it back today to see it before it goes away...

I'm trying to factor in for FLP for next year at this point...

Overall today wasn't too bad in the end.  There was a lot of activity in the morning with people coming into the park, but by mid-afternoon we waited only about 30 minutes for Diamondback and 20 or less for Beast. 

In early afternoon, Banshee had a queue with about a 25 minute wait.  They were stacking the trains a lot for some reason.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2019 at 10:30 PM, Pagoda Gift Shop said:

Overall today wasn't too bad in the end.  There was a lot of activity in the morning with people coming into the park, but by mid-afternoon we waited only about 30 minutes for Diamondback and 20 or less for Beast. 

In early afternoon, Banshee had a queue with about a 25 minute wait.  They were stacking the trains a lot for some reason.

I may have finally figured out the Banshee stacking thing on Saturday. I rode Banshee 3 times.... and of that 2 of the times I went to get on, the OTS was only about half way up. They had to up bar for me to be able to actually even get into the seat. I think what's happening is short people, and or jerks are not putting the OTS all the way up when they get out, causing a major slow down in the loading process. Top that off with the number of people that kick off their shoes when they get on, and then the ops have to walk through and physically put peoples' shoes back on them for them... it can become a mess. 

Has the shoe policy changed on Banshee again?  On Sunday, there was basically a mess of shoes under where the trains park in the station.  People just kick off their loose shoes and leave them there until their train returns.  If one was interested in a new pair of shoes, it would be an easy place to get one, provided you can find the right size...

If I'm to be honest, I think it flows with the ops on train that day. I've seen the same thing, 4 or 5 pairs of shoes per line when you come into the station one visit, then Saturday, when we got on, people would kick off their shoes, and someone would come around and tell them that you have to wear your shoes while you ride and put them back on them. Its actually never the same from visit to visit (as evidenced by your statement that literally the next day it was different). I did notice however that it makes the load process take longer than it should... and further, the unload process when people get off, and then stand in the row putting their shoes back on keeping people from loading. 

This again is one of those situations where I wonder what people are thinking. I wear a pair of hiking sandals when I go to the park. They are made by Keen. They are incredibly comfortable, they have an elastic strap that holds them tight on my feet, they are water proof too for those trips down the White Water Canyon. I on average walk 11 to 15 miles in a day at the park, and couldn't imagine trying to do that in a pair of 99 cent flip flops. 

21 hours ago, lifetimecoaster said:

This again is one of those situations where I wonder what people are thinking. I wear a pair of hiking sandals when I go to the park. They are made by Keen. They are incredibly comfortable, they have an elastic strap that holds them tight on my feet, they are water proof too for those trips down the White Water Canyon. I on average walk 11 to 15 miles in a day at the park, and couldn't imagine trying to do that in a pair of 99 cent flip flops. 

Not at KI but Holiday World we saw the same person trying on multiple pairs of shoes left at the queue for water park rides, then walk off with a set. Sad part is it didn't surprise me to see it happen.