Ride Wait Times 2019 Season

IndyGuy4KI

Please use this thread to update wait times for the 2019 season.

Please remember a ride going down is normal and is okay to report, but please don't post "Riders are stuck on the lift hill of DB." A vague statement like that is not helpful and that is when the media starts calling the park.

We can not wait to get the 2019 season started and look forward to seeing everyone at the park opening day! Don't forget the KICentral picture on opening day at 2:00 PM at the Antique Autos.

KIC Admin

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RiDeFrEaK said:

Let's say the weather forecast doesn't change... what kind of attire is suitable so that you're not completely miserable? 

A few layers and a poncho for most of us.

Then again there might be someone here in shorts and a T-shirt the whole day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, TheBeast54 said:

I kid you not I seen a guy wearing shorts during Winterfest.

I saw at least one to two people wearing shorts during Winterfest too!

And, if you (and anyone else on here) remember October 20 last year (that extremely windy Saturday where the wind chill was in the 30's), I was working at Firehawk that night and a few riders were wearing shorts! I couldn't help but think, "Are your legs not FREEZING?!?" especially since I had no fewer than two layers on and still struggled to keep warm! @malem definitely isn't the only one who sometimes likes to sport shorts in cooler weather! :lol:

Pertaining to the topic, the wait time for anything as of 12:24 pm is approximately 4 hours and 36 minutes for my passholder friends, and 21 hours and 36 minutes for everyone else going tomorrow!

• Like 1

Hey we came to the room to warm up and thinking about heading back over for a night ride or two before close... is everything running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I left an hour ago, several rides weren’t running. Nothing in Action Zone at all.

3 minutes ago, Thabto said:

The line for the Antique Autos moves very slowly. THe station queue and overflow queue went almost back by the KillMart building. I waited an hour from that point.

I waited 45 minutes for my ride on Antique Autos, it was a beautiful area and was very well done. I can’t really get to mad though, it’s an brand new attraction and ride operators have to get into the swing of things. That being said, lots of things were running at a very slow pace.  

14 minutes ago, Theoutdoorkid107 said:

lots of things were running at a very slow pace.  

We have to keep in mind this was the first full day of operations, and I saw lots of employees being trained. 

I think this was one of the most successful opening days I've seen at Kings Island.

• Like 2

We have to keep in mind this was the first full day of operations, and I saw lots of employees being trained. 
I think this was one of the most successful opening days I've seen at Kings Island.

Your right, It is opening day.

Making our annual pilgrimage from Nashville this Friday and Saturday.  What should we expect for crowds on these two days since it's not opening day but also early in the season?  I've been poking around online and some people say April-May is a good time to visit before school is out and people are traveling for the summer but I imagine Saturday will still be pretty busy.  We plan to leave home early in the morning Friday to be able to spend the afternoon and evening at the park.  Then all day Saturday, coming home Sunday.  Since we (my family of 4) only visit once a year I don't mind paying for Fast Pass Plus if necessary but am hoping to be able to do without on Friday.  Saturday I assume will be pretty busy but maybe we will luck out since it's not opening day.

3 hours ago, asouthern729 said:

Making our annual pilgrimage from Nashville this Friday and Saturday.  What should we expect for crowds on these two days since it's not opening day but also early in the season?  I've been poking around online and some people say April-May is a good time to visit before school is out and people are traveling for the summer but I imagine Saturday will still be pretty busy.  We plan to leave home early in the morning Friday to be able to spend the afternoon and evening at the park.  Then all day Saturday, coming home Sunday.  Since we (my family of 4) only visit once a year I don't mind paying for Fast Pass Plus if necessary but am hoping to be able to do without on Friday.  Saturday I assume will be pretty busy but maybe we will luck out since it's not opening day.

My guess:  You'll be fine on Friday. Especially early in the day.

Saturday could be a different story.

It looks like it will be warmer than last weekend, so they should be able to open Vortex, Adventure Express, and The Bat.  That will help, a bit, with lines for coasters.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FoolCrzy said:

My guess:  You'll be fine on Friday. Especially early in the day.

Saturday could be a different story.

It looks like it will be warmer than last weekend, so they should be able to open Vortex, Adventure Express, and The Bat.  That will help, a bit, with lines for coasters.

Good to know, thanks.  We originally planned to go last weekend but my wife mistakenly asked for the Thursday before Orthodox Easter off work (this Thursday) instead of last Thursday so here we are :D Weather wise it appears we will be much better off.