So I just watched the video of the new 'tiques... in action

Shaggy

...and it literally brought me to tears. 

Sincerely, this throw back - and the nods to some of the lost rides of KI's past along the route - are so overwhelmingly heartwarming I cant help but be emotional. 

This, my friends, is how "The old days" at KI felt.

Thank you Kings Island - you're doing incredible stuff.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

...and I just saw a pic of International Street that had the very same effect....  it appears the concession wagons at the corners of the Fountains are back - that's an incredible throwback.

...and I just saw the fully restored Glockenspiel in action - better than ever!!!!

Seriously folks - this is on tap to be one of the best seasons in KI's recent history.

Wow

Wow

WOW

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Shaggy said:

...and I just saw a pic of International Street that had the very same effect....  it appears the concession wagons at the corners of the Fountains are back - that's an incredible throwback.

Yes, but are the concession wagons going to sell the little plastic barrels of juice? That would up the game from my childhood (I feel like that's what they sold; I could very well be misremembering). 

Also, it is truly remarkable how much care Kings Island is showing to the park. I've said it elsewhere, but it's so easy to toss in a new attraction to entice people. But to make an investment in nostalgia is truly special. I usually hate the way movies and TV exploit our love for childhood things, but I feel like a theme park is a different matter. You are going to recapture some portion of your childhood, and there are so many little things that have a precise chemical impact on people. A sign with a certain color paint. Music. Beast paw prints. Going to KI is going to bring a lot of people to tears this year. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, cdubbs727 said:

Yes, but are the concession wagons going to sell the little plastic barrels of juice? That would up the game from my childhood (I feel like that's what they sold; I could very well be misremembering). 

These?  I loved these when I was a kid (I'm old now) and no one seems to remember them.  It seems as if there were several flavors shaped like the respective fruit?  Orange, apple?

Image result for Kings Island cup shaped like grapes

• Like 5

...and I just saw the fully restored Glockenspiel in action - better than ever!!!!
Seriously folks - this is on tap to be one of the best seasons in KI's recent history.
Wow
Wow
WOW

I’m probably collect some moisture under my eyes when I go Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, Pedro Cerrano said:

These?  I loved these when I was a kid (I'm old now) and no one seems to remember them.  It seems as if there were several flavors shaped like the respective fruit?  Orange, apple?

Image result for Kings Island cup shaped like grapes

These was one of the best things I looked forward to at Ki as a kid!!!!!! I miss them days

Though I never had this one. I got to go once a year and was allowed one and always got Fred, it was my favorite cartoon as a kid, so I had to get it everytime

2 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

We always called them “sippers”, but yeah, lack of a consistent, unique, name for them makes researching them difficult.  

Found this Cedar Point version of the Orange I mentioned but I still can’t find any pics of Fred  

8E0D9456-FB9D-4ECD-B59D-069B6C8FFAEC.jpeg

I remember calling them sippers also.  Was always a big deal when my parents would buy me one of these.  I liked the grape and then the Scooby ones the best.