Decoding 2020

fryoj

16 minutes ago, BeastlyKI said:

Also, when riding The Beast you can see some clearing as well. I imagine they are rerouting maintenance roads.

I noticed that yesterday. My guess was some of that clearing was to clean up the limbs and weeds that were close to the coaster. The weeds that were growing on the track last year are gone too. Although, I spotted some paths and a drainage ditch I've never noticed before. The whole area seems to be cleaned up, I wasn't sure if there were new or not. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kenban said:

I see it now, had not seen any pictures which showed that area clearly at the time I was questioning it.  Looks very similar to the maintenance buildings and I do not see any of the clearing heading in that direction other then the existing maintenance road.  That’s also where the boneyard is located.  The park might be relocating a maintenance building or just needs more maintenance space, could also be a warehouse.

I do not believe that building will be directly used for part of the coaster.

Oh that absolutely is not for the coaster. Or at least not for the coaster to go in. That type of building can be built in a week, and could easily be built over top the footers and coaster. There's no need to build it right now. I'd say most likely a maintenance building. Warehouse is less likely just because of location. I won't discount it completely but it being so far from things that would need that much warehouse space. 

Looking in the area that they are building on Google Maps, theres a boneyard type area. I saw something odd. Is that a 57-ish era Chevy?

Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 12.18.06 PM.png

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Fingers crossed we can get up to fly in the next two weeks. Then, I will get aerial pictures for you  people. 

Are you becoming a pilot? Or have a friend pilot? just curious.. I love coasters, wouldn't be scared of a 1000ft one, but planes scare the s##t out of me

I went to Amsterdam a while back, couldn't really enjoy myself, because all I could think about was I had to fly back and it truly scared me

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

The land clearing is excited. I’m interested to see if/when the land clearing expands. The only odd thing in my eyes are that there are no teaser posters on the wall. 

From what others have said in this thread and previous threads is that teasers show up typically a few weeks after opening.

1 hour ago, fryoj said:

Oh that absolutely is not for the coaster. Or at least not for the coaster to go in. That type of building can be built in a week, and could easily be built over top the footers and coaster. There's no need to build it right now. I'd say most likely a maintenance building. Warehouse is less likely just because of location. I won't discount it completely but it being so far from things that would need that much warehouse space. 

Looking in the area that they are building on Google Maps, theres a boneyard type area. I saw something odd. Is that a 57-ish era Chevy?

Happy days diner car probs

• Like 1

From what others have said in this thread and previous threads is that teasers show up typically a few weeks after opening.

More teasers pop up throughout the season, but usually on opening day there are posters usually (Banshee and Mystic Timbers for example)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 7

More teasers pop up throughout the season, but usually on opening day there are posters usually (Banshee and Mystic Timbers for example)

Mystic didn’t have posters on opening day... those showed up later.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

There is part of me that wonders if they are relocating some of the existing maintenance buildings to open that current maintenance area up to foot traffic.

This is what I am thinking too. It is hard to tell the size of the new building going up out by the boneyard from the pictures though.

• Like 3

I was thinking, maybe they will move the fireworks. Maybe closer to The Beast or in the middle of it. There was clearing by The Beadt after the first turn, but I don't think they'd light it from there. I'm sure they could find a space closer to The Beast.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I saw this on Instagram, but unfortunately, I cannot read what it says! Could someone who is at the park snap a better picture?

I think it says something about 2020 if I am correct, but I have no idea where it is

84DD5D86-6468-467D-95DF-8EB0F2FDA16D.jpeg

If it was an official thing, it wouldn’t be just hastily taped to the bottom of the structure like that.

• Like 2

I swear I've seen that flyer before. Was it during the Mystic Timbers construction thread?

Somebody put it in the giga speculation thread the other day. Claimed they had “insider information” from somebody in marketing. They never proved any sources.

1 minute ago, DonkeyKong said:

Somebody put it in the giga speculation thread the other day. Claimed they had “insider information” from somebody in marketing. They never proved any sources.

And I said I swear I've seen it before when they posted that. It's not the first time it's showed up on this board. 

If I remember correctly, teasers for Copperhead Strike and Yukon Striker didn't pop up till mid season. This kind of goes along with what Chad said in a news interview like a week ago where he talked about how we should focus on 2019 right now. I say they are doing exactly that with not putting up teasers now so that it doesn't over shadow the new additions for 2019 and if I were to make a guess, they will start dropping teasers once summer starts.

• Like 6

Looking back at Fury 325 construction on Carowinds Connection I have determined the following.

1. The first teasers didn’t show up until July 7th with a large banner hanging on the fence. It was a false teaser hinting at a Roman theme and people speculated “Centurion” as the name.

2. First footer poured was on July 18th.

3. Teal Track started appearing at CSF around late June. It was originally speculated this was invert track and was written off. It wasn’t confirmed as Fury’s until August 5th when the track was loaded onto flatbeds.

With all the land clearing that has been done we are on track for a big summer!

• Like 10

27 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

If I remember correctly, teasers for Copperhead Strike and Yukon Striker didn't pop up till mid season. This kind of goes along with what Chad said in a news interview like a week ago where he talked about how we should focus on 2019 right now. I say they are doing exactly that with not putting up teasers now so that it doesn't over shadow the new additions for 2019 and if I were to make a guess, they will start dropping teasers once summer starts.

Plus, in years past like in 2013 with the Banshee teasers and in 2017 with the Mystic Timbers teasers, the teasers were there on Opening Day, but there really weren’t any big new additions in those year in which the park would particularly want to put the public’s focus on

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, austincoffey2 said:

Saw this posted on twitter by @adrianicsea can anyone confirm where this is and maybe get a more clear picture. From this I see the word Centurion and 400 ft.

Screenshot_20190420-155340_Twitter.jpg

Already posted a couple posts above—and is a fake.

• Like 1

For those who aren't aware, the paper shown above that someone obviously printed at home and brought to the park, was posted on here a few days back in an effort to troll the community. Due to the lack of source, the post was promptly removed. It now appears that whoever tried to post it here a few days back, went on to put it in the actual park when they couldn't get the desired attention on our site. 

Why do people think it's okay to post misleading papers around on Cedar Fair's property? (It's not okay)

If the park wanted to tease a new attraction right now, they would. Let them do it in their own time. 

In the words of Taylor Swift: "This is why we can't have nice things..." 

• Like 11

• malem locked this topic