Decoding 2020

fryoj

Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 6.27.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-20 at 6.27.07 PM.png

These are before and after pictures of land clearing that took place months ago (as Antique cars are not completed). If you look to the north of where we currently see the construction of a new building there is clearing. This seems to not be visible from the Eiffel Tower. I believe that this clearing could be used for an overbank following the first dop into the valley. This would send the ride in the direction of this most recent clearing we see.

• Like 3

Just now, refrigerator said:

The thing that goes over 300 feet.

I agree I guess, but what if a flat ride went over that.. I love coasters, but Ki is lacking in the flat ride area.. it would be tough for me to choose

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Made my first concept after the land clearing was spotted! The world's tallest, fastest, and longest wing coaster. The name is Sky Force! 

IMG_20190420_205114_016.jpg

I like it! And the color

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Great video and description about what’s going on. They have a really good zoom video camera.

I wonder if they are selectively leaving trees or just haven't got to them yet?

Just now, thatguyfromohio said:

So the main part of the clearing is right behind this walkway by antique cars... looking from WindSeeker, it would be an ideal place for a station; looks like the land was leveled out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've wondered that, but come back to it being too big of a chokepoint between the antiques, Vortex and WindSeeker. I think it's more likely that they'll put a path through there that ties back to X Base and have the station somewhere on that path. That eliminates the dead end for both areas and gives two points of egress for the new coaster. 

• Like 2

I've wondered that, but come back to it being too big of a chokepoint between the antiques, Vortex and WindSeeker. I think it's more likely that they'll put a path through there that ties back to X Base and have the station somewhere on that path. That eliminates the dead end for both areas and gives two points of egress for the new coaster. 

That’s my thinking as well. They are going to have two entry points to the area. I could see the Giga going over into the old SOB site. If this is the case, they already have most of the land cleared they would need.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fryoj said:

i think you are absolutely correct

2 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

That queue line is way too small unless they plan on expanding it... any Cedar Fairs new b&m rides have massive queue lines...

I’d assume they’d expand it if they planned on re-using it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thatguyfromohio said:

74269ea505a579ab9b0a556c6bc53f3c.jpg Basically how I see the land clearing, brave run and turn around like Diamondback

One think that gives that more credence, is that they'd start footer work at the station area. So it would make sense to get that area cleared first to get started on that. They could work on the rest of the ride clearing later.

Another thing that layout could mean. That rumor about Firehawk's closing decision being made last Summer could have been true. If they put the station down there and never touch the Firehawk plot with the new coaster, it's possible. That would leave the Firehawk plot for bathrooms, concessions, or other rides in the future as a part of a new loop path. 

Edit: I added a very poor drawing giving the gist of what would be a possibility.

giga.jpg

• Like 5

I wholeheartedly agree that the flyer looks and likely is fake. However, on a Mystic ride later Friday night, a ride op rattled off the "facts" listed about Firehawk steel, which I thought was interesting. Mentioned the height and the wind speed right as I was boarding probably around 9:10. Not saying it means anything, but caught my attention

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Thanks @adrianicsea. As a KIC admin, I have spoken to the park and they have assured us that the flyer in question is indeed fake, and not posted by them.

If the KIC admin finds out from the park a KIC member did this,  they will be banned from the site. As a member, we expect everyone to follow all park rules.

^ Per our moderators 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MatterEaterLad said:

I wholeheartedly agree that the flyer looks and likely is fake. However, on a Mystic ride later Friday night, a ride op rattled off the "facts" listed about Firehawk steel, which I thought was interesting. Mentioned the height and the wind speed right as I was boarding probably around 9:10. Not saying it means anything, but caught my attention

Really? That’s actually very odd. Anything else specific that was said?

• malem locked this topic